shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow asscher chrysoberyl

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got this from Gary at Finewater just 45 minutes ago. 7mm, 5.9mm deep. I took photos w/yg, wg and unplated wg. I don't care for it w/yg so that's out right off the bat. It's more yellow-yellow like the EC rather than buttery yellow like my round, which I guess is ok justification for having two yellows?

img_5909.jpg

img_5910.jpg

img_5916.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. Well its beautiful. Seems from the photos chartreuse like the ec. Is it? Or is it more true yellownin person.

I really love the cut. I bet its a sparkle monster.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

img_5917.jpg

img_5918.jpg

img_5921.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
last three of the 50 I took!

img_5923.jpg

img_5924.jpg

img_5925.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oookay so now we've seen the lass, thoughts on setting ideas? Does it change your mind to see it on hand?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to have a green modifier on my monitor. Maybe rose gold? How much are you budgeting for the setting? I don't want to throw out ideas that might be 2x more/less than what you are willing to spend.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1414435825|3773438 said:
Oookay so now we've seen the lass, thoughts on setting ideas? Does it change your mind to see it on hand?
Ugh I kinda hate to say it, but I feel like a trap bullet 5 stone would be utter perfection. (Sorry I wish my idea was cheaper lol)

Or that LM 5 stone with the individually bezeled sides? I think it had a tourm in it? That one would be lovely too, but I though it would benefit from a lack of metal. Just chryso and diamond.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does have green-like the EC I got from Neil. I wish I were that adventurous to do it in rose gold but I don't think I am.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like white metal, and you want to enhance the color, I would do a green or yellow gold basket, and white gold shank.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like the white metal brings out the green....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't want to bring out the green...did you guys like it w/the unplated?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1414437491|3773455 said:
I don't want to bring out the green...did you guys like it w/the unplated?

I'm really not a fan of chrysoberyl in white metal because I like to bring out the yellows and greens, and it tends to wash them out IMO, but you have to go with what you like. If you like it in white metal, and I think unplated is probably a better option than bright white rhodium plated metal, then go for it. :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
well i'd planned to do two tone like my round chryso, but the color is not really lending itself to yg at all, when I had it w/it. Maybe it will grow on me I guess. The ec was in two tone w/yg at the stone and it looked nice. so..maybe.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1414440580|3773480 said:
well i'd planned to do two tone like my round chryso, but the color is not really lending itself to yg at all, when I had it w/it. Maybe it will grow on me I guess. The ec was in two tone w/yg at the stone and it looked nice. so..maybe.
As you can probably attest, my two tone chryso setting brought out the green in that ec. So I wouldn't do it in yellow gold. Rose gold will bring out the green too.

This is what makes me think a 5 stone with minimal metal will be key. Get white stones around it

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:
packrat|1414440580|3773480 said:
As you can probably attest, my two tone chryso setting brought out the green in that ec. So I wouldn't do it in yellow gold. Rose gold will bring out the green too.

This is what makes me think a 5 stone with minimal metal will be key. Get white stones around it

I'm going to agree with Niel here MIssi! I love that ASSCHER! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous Babe!

Less metal... more diamonds :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: you know I love the baguette idea, although I love the traps and baguette together. Since you already have a three stone, and a solitaire.. why not do a Five stone? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Budget wise, it may take just a wee bit longer BUT... it'll be all worth it 8)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I've no suggestions but I do want to say that I love the cut. A beautiful lass you have there indeed.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
five stone omg you guys are horrible! baguettes and bullets? step traps and bags? cripes. I am so easily influenced ahahahahaha

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1414449344|3773558 said:
five stone omg you guys are horrible! baguettes and bullets? step traps and bags? cripes. I am so easily influenced ahahahahaha
I'd love to suggest a cheaper one, but sadly.....lol

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I figure if I'm working on selling the ec chryso and the round seafoam, I can somewhat justify a spendy setting. Not SS spendy tho. One's enough of those. I'd have to sell the lavender asscher and whatever else I can find to justify that.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1414451229|3773582 said:
Well, I figure if I'm working on selling the ec chryso and the round seafoam, I can somewhat justify a spendy setting. Not SS spendy tho. One's enough of those. I'd have to sell the lavender asscher and whatever else I can find to justify that.

I Mean DandT got hers done by DK right? Problem is the setting will be budget friendly, the side stones won't be. sometimes Leibish has traps on sale when they have sales, and they are also on their eBay, which takes offers....problem is there that thethey will have to be pretty large in size.

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
I am so jealous of your beautiful new asscher! Calling dibs on it, if you ever sell it :love: , but I agree that it deserves side diamonds with less metal. I would personally use asscher sides for a big look 3 stone. Be patient and you may find some nice side stones in a used mount somewhere.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dibs noted haha!

googling and searching pinterest.

metal wise, all's I ask is pretty prongs and the bit at the end of the end stones like in my original picture, that sort of semi bezelish touch. Something sleek and minimal. So, I agree, not a lot of metal showing!

I went batshit crazy taking pics again after I got home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results