shape
carat
color
clarity

Update: Alexandrite and Color Shift Sapphire engagement ring

haroldiv

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone in my previous thread for all the advice!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/color-change-engagement-ring-w-alexandrite-sapphire-garnet.205796/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/color-change-engagement-ring-w-alexandrite-sapphire-garnet.205796/[/URL]

I was able to find a shop in canada who has literally the best customer service of any business I have ever encountered. Its a small precision cutting outfit wife and husband team that answered a million questions, took tons of photos and was able to find stones that matched each other well and even took video of them together in different lighting conditions. Really went out of his way and held my hand through the whole process.

What sold me was his reviews. I couldnt find a single bad one and everyone had a similar story to mine.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PristineJewelry

I was able to get 2 matching half carat alexandrite trillions and one 2.3ct color shift sapphire along with a bunch of diamond cut 1.6mm small stones. I took these to a local jeweler in town and was able to take my sketches in and come up with a design that worked right.

Anyway, I ended up skipping the color change garnet. I got a chance to see some in real life and just wasnt super happy with it. The result is amazing. Im asking her saturday! So hard to hold it in!

project.jpg
Bigger image here:
http://imgur.com/lTLHLfu

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Re: Update: Alexandrite and Color Shift Sapphire engagement

Really beautiful!! I love the 3 color changes.

Please post a handshot of the ring on her hand!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

I remember this project now! It came out magnificently. Wow.

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock

It's beautiful! She should be thrilled.

haroldiv

Rough_Rock

txgreeneyes|1414345924|3772967 said:
Really beautiful!! I love the 3 color changes.

Please post a handshot of the ring on her hand!

Absolutely will do. You dont want to see it on my hairy pinky =P

The plan for the actual proposal is quite over the top and pretty awesome if I might say so myself. I'll be able to actually use the girlfriends DSLR after Nov 1st when she gets it and post the pics and story.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Such a complicated search: I remember it well. And the end result is so gorgeous!!! Great find and design choices.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations! Thx for coming back and sharing the story and ring. Hairy pinkies with bling are welcome!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

It's wonderful! Thanks so much for returning to show the result. Also glad to know of your experience with Rogerio Graca -- I had his shop bookmarked & will keep him in mind for the future.

Hope you can put up a photo of it on your (soon to be) fiancee's hand!

--- Laurie

haroldiv

Rough_Rock

Acinom|1414349098|3772988 said:
Such a complicated search: I remember it well. And the end result is so gorgeous!!! Great find and design choices.

Tell me about it. I had just about given up and decided to just wait till the Tuscon gem show when I ran into Rogerios Etsy shop. I just went back to my email and looked. Total of 52 emails exchanged. He laid everything he had out on a table and took nice pics of them all together, then when it was narrowed down he took videos of different sets in various lighting conditions. He actually offered to do this lol!

haroldiv

Rough_Rock

JewelFreak|1414350123|3772995 said:
It's wonderful! Thanks so much for returning to show the result. Also glad to know of your experience with Rogerio Graca -- I had his shop bookmarked & will keep him in mind for the future.

Hope you can put up a photo of it on your (soon to be) fiancee's hand!

--- Laurie

I cant begin to recommend him enough. I know I am new to jewelry but his customer service was just out of this world. I cant imagine what he did is the norm or even common for anyone in my price range. Felt like royalty working with him.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Congratulations! It all looks great! What kind of stones are the melee?

haroldiv

Rough_Rock

FrekeChild|1414357516|3773033 said:
Congratulations! It all looks great! What kind of stones are the melee?

little baby alexandrites. 1.6mm diamond cuts. Only 8$ a piece

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

This worked out unbelievably well!!! It was such a large task I doubt if many of us thought it could be pulled off, but well done you :appl: and Pristine Jewelry.

It's great to hear of another vendor who goes the extra mile - I guess you must have piqued his interest with your request and it's great that he had the resources to put the stones together for you.

Thank you sooo much for coming back to show off the ring - of course, we are waiting for the hand shots and I hope everything went well over the weekend :)) Congratulations on a beautiful ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome! So very glad you were able to pull of the stones and design as it is definitely one of the more difficult challenges asked of us here but you did so yourself.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for the update. Good for you for sticking with what you wanted and your original vision. That's so great! Job extremely well-done by you and Rogerio. :clap: Can't wait for your pictures!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock

I'm really impressed, getting all the different shifting/changing stones to play together that nicely must have taken some serious work!

His shop is one of my favorites on etsy, very cool to see one of his custom projects :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results