shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for asscher chryso

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sooo my asscher chrysoberyl from Gary will be here Monday--by the time I get off work and get stuff taken care of before my last sign class I won't have time to get pics on here, so they will probably have to wait till Tuesday.

BUT, I thought I would ask for ideas, suggestions, whatever, on setting that bugger. What I'd planned for it, I'm thinking might not work w/my finger size, and budget. I feel like I could go to 3k max, on the setting...tho that does make me cringe inside, typing that. I want it to be for my right ring finger, which is the same size as my left ring finger, so I can use it as an alternate ering if I choose. I want it to be special, not just a setting from ebay. And maybe once I get it I'll decide I want to keep my round chrysoberyl as my alternate ering and the asscher be a middle finger ring, and only spend 1k max on the setting, I don't know. But for now, I plan it for my ring finger.

This is the stone. It is 7mm and 5.9mm deep I think he said. The setting I'd planned for it is also attached. If the design won't work I will probably end up just doing a rectangular fc band down the road.

Any thoughts?

unnamed__10_0.jpg

f5c0a6c5c751c94a1ad67ece5642dbfd__2_0.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well, you could set it in my front tooth!!

Otherwise I would go for a classic three stone with two smaller asscher sidestones in a platinum or white gold mount, very simple with no melee

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Packrat that is one spectacular stone!!! Gorgeous, the color looks beautiful and the cut, just wow :love:

I also have an asscher on the way, close to that size so I will happily post settings in your thread. I admit to being a novice at how much settings cost, but have a similar budget to set mine. Also on the lower end of $3k, hopefully less. So if the settings I post are way over that my apologies in advance.

I love the setting you chose and feel it's very classic and classy for an asscher. I'm not a halo girl, and I'm guessing you aren't either from the rings you've posted. I know we both like bezels :)) but I haven't seen anything with a bezel that knocks my socks off for a CS asscher, unless it's the Sholdt semi bezel, maybe with the pave sides. I do love the classic three and five stone settings.

Here's some more ideas, hope the ring owners don't mind:

asscher_1.png

asscher_5stone_front.jpg

asscher_perfect_sidestones.jpg

asscher_kelso_1.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good gawd I love that stone! :love: I can't wait to see what direction you end up with the setting.

Here are a few I just pulled out of my inspiration folder that are all different looks, and might need tweaking for an Asscher but could be really pretty and showcase that fab chryso. Obviously my taste leans toward the vintage inspired. Not sure if you have a particular influence that moves you in one direction or another.

_23574.jpg

_23575.jpg

_23576.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo thanks guys! Man I love looking at settings..and I love that a couple of these I've not seen before!

I'm not so much for halos..I love them, and I did have one for a while and loved it, but I don't see it for this stone. I feel I'm...I don't know, classic w/a twist? Modern/contemporary? I like sleek.

I really like the one w/the vertical and then horizontal baguettes. I saw one w/vertical baguettes and then it had shields at the end and I really liked that one too. I wonder if I would run into the same thing w/as w/the long tapered bags, that it would end up too wide for my finger. Maybe just shields and no bags?

I have this as a consideration too..

98033bbea7ba926f20208ef09a3b7c6b.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think DK could do this at a budget you feel comfortable with (not 3k!)

id still do the tab prongs, as you know i love those

threebaguette.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a neat one, Niel, I've not seen that before!

cff311d4b65e684c0f3aabc8f1bc7902.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1414287570|3772711 said:
i think DK could do this at a budget you feel comfortable with (not 3k!)

id still do the tab prongs, as you know i love those

heres another example, i would leave the shank plain, myself, but i like how they do the prongs on the side

229_1344352778_1.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh love the LM one and the one Niel posted. I think so far my first choice is vert/horizontal setting. Here's a few more 8)

asscher_with_halfmoon_sides.jpg

danielk_rosebud_asscher.png

ec_proportions_of_bags.jpg

jo10199_ss_flippin_cool_ec.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
with tabs

lm_bags.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on a slightly unrelated note you have to tell me what metal you use for the prongs. I feel so stuck on what will bring out the lemon goodness of my stone, and i think when you get it you will have the same thoughts...so im dying to know

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the bezeled sides w/milgrain-it's so pretty!

The SS one I've loved for a long time-it's so funky looking!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love this too:http://www.mc2jewels.com/item/8879/emerald-cut-diamond-flora-pave-ring-3-carats-platinum

And found this made by Maytal Hannah: http://www.maytalhannah.com/folio/colored-stones-no6/

David Klass made a similar setting for a red spinel, it's in the SMTB thread.

Just another idea if you decided to go floral instead of bags/stepcuts.

I adore that funky SS setting! I think you stone is too big for it, mine will be too, but elements could be used for inspiration.

http://www.mc2jewels.com/item/8879/emerald-cut-diamond-flora-pave-ring-3-carats-platinum

edited to fix mc2 link.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting you originally planned for your stone. It would not hurt to ask quotes from David Klass and Caysie? It might work with your busget. If the tapered frenchies are to expensive, then classic tapered baguettes will also be beautiful.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Here's a couple of inspiration pics I have squirrelled away that could work for an asscher - hope they help. I definitely have a thing for bezels, mind you!

I'm currently stalking an ah-MAZING asscher amethyst like a hungry hyena at the moment, so I'm loving the ideas in this thread.

emerald-cut-emerald-and-diamond-three-stone-ring-in-platinum-and-18k-yellow-gold_sr0330eh_reg.jpg

_23584.jpg

imagess2xnx81h.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Packrat, where is this from? It is delicious!

ps_packratposted.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the added pics everyone! Every little bit helps I think!

Preg, you know, I have NO clue where I found that! It was not too long after I came here, so it's been over four years ago that I found it...I *think* in a thread here in CS someone linked to a vendor/seller/retailer of some sort and I found it there. I wish I could remember!

ETA: have also been tossing around the idea of going w/cz sides, depending on what I can find diamond wise. or else it will end up a solitaire w/a little melee.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love the way the prongs are on this three stone.

ge0706-356-lr-1.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Can't wait for your pictures tomorrow! :dance:

I must admit that the "danielk_rosebud_asscher" that woofmama posted is so gorgeous. It's definitely sleeker, and I'd say it's classic with a twist.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, have you received the chrysoberyl yet? I really think you should wait to see the stone in hand first to decide whether you want to play up the yellow-ness (which means a more enclosed yellow metal setting) or leave it as is (white metal, open type setting).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got pics so will start a thread. No yellow gold, not even two tone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results