shape
carat
color
clarity

Is isopropyl alcohol safe to use for cleaning e-ring?

nukezero

Rough_Rock
Hi

Is it safe to use isopropyl alcohol to clean a diamond and platinum setting and a hundred pave diamonds?

Is it safe to submerge the entire e-ring into a bowl of 70% isopropyl alcohol and let it work it's magic to get the dirt, oil, and grime off?

I use isopropyl alcohol to clean/disinfect a lot of stuff around the house and I love it because it evaporates, doesn't leave a mess, love the smell, and kills the oil. Windex is my second favorite but I don't like the smell as much.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fritzi

Rough_Rock
I hope it is safe because I use it every day for touch ups between the ultrasonic cleanings. I use 99% for the same reason mentioned, it dries faster. I use Q-tips to clean my ring and to preserve my manicure.

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Windex and a soft toothbrush work just fine, and aren't as harsh on your hands.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there any jewelry metals and/or stones (colored gems) that alcohol and/or windex would NOT be safe on for regular/daily cleaning?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JoCoJenn|1414253511|3772512 said:
Are there any jewelry metals and/or stones (colored gems) that alcohol and/or windex would NOT be safe on for regular/daily cleaning?
Keep it away from pearls. Keep it away from emeralds, turquoise, and other stones that may have an oil based treatment in them or things like mystic topaz that have finishes that are basically paint and that might come off. Obviously plastics are pushing your luck a little bit but mostly even they are ok. Diamonds, and anything that looks like diamonds, gold of any karat, platinum, silver, palladium, and titanium will be just fine unless there's some sort of paint finish.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a big fan of alcohol for diamonds!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results