shape
carat
color
clarity

the making of my ERD Montana sapphire ring, with CADs

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Many of you may have seen my post from july when I purchased my montana sapphire from gem line, thanks again for all of your input! I went back and forth about the design and where I would get the setting from, and I finally have cad images from ERD. I am so happy with the level of communication I have had with Mark during this process, he always replies extremely quickly to my emails. I know they have many customers but he doesn't make me feel that way! I didn't see anything in particular that I thought needed to be changed, I specified that I really wanted the octagonal halo with double claw prongs, and he has designed the petal basket for me based on photos I sent him of other rings I have admired here on pricescope. Anyways I always love to see CAD images vs. photos when the jewelry is completed so here are my CAD images!

screen_shot_2014-10-12_at_5.png

killy_0.jpg

killy_new_0.jpg

killy_new_4.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you posted your stone and newest CAD's here!!! I cannot wait to see it finished. It will be so beautiful. What a Montana :love:
That setting frames it just perfectly :love: with the octagon halo, the feminine petals and the elegant pave in the shank!
Happy waiting LuckyKellyK!

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1414203586|3772343 said:
So glad you posted your stone and newest CAD's here!!! I cannot wait to see it finished. It will be so beautiful. What a Montana :love:
That setting frames it just perfectly :love: with the octagon halo, the feminine petals and the elegant pave in the shank!
Happy waiting LuckyKellyK!

Thanks again acinom! How long did the process take after your CADs were done? It is so hard to wait! I love it, and one of my favorite rings on PS is Meg's hand forged rose gold set from ERD that has a similar basket. That diamond is to die for of course, maybe one day I will have a vintage cut diamond like some of the amazing ones I have seen here. I even ordered a loosely twisted band like hers, I love it and was very inspired by her design (aka shamelessly ripped off?) Hope she doesn't mind if she every peeks in again :angel:

(ps the twisted band was not ordered from the person who made the exact ring in the second picture, in case anyone recognizes the photo from a known easy vendor here)

screen_shot_2014-10-09_at_2.png

screen_shot_2014-10-19_at_12.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful inspiration ring and that twisted band will combine so gorgeously with your ring :love:
My last CAD round was finalized on August 5. The ring was ready on October 2. But they had to recut my stone in the meantime and remake the ring as my stone had become a bit smaller. Also, the had their rebranding to BE and it was in the middle of summer breaks etc. I would ask Marc for a planning.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Here are some side shots of my ring, though you can't really see my sapphire. I will take lots more photos when I get it. I can't wait!

screen_shot_2014-11-06_at_8.png

screen_shot_2014-11-06_at_0.png

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That looks lovely!!! I'm strongly considering using ERD/BE for my sapphire setting so very excited to see more pictures. Beautiful setting choice!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Wow! :love: What a gorgeous stone. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. :naughty: haha The setting is so pretty, especially the petal basket. Excellent taste. Cannot wait to see your pictures.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! It came out stunning. :love:
Your stone looks so beautiful. I am looking forward to see your photo's.

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very nice Sapphire and setting!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Looks great. The finish and quality of the work looks great.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow. Can't wait to see your photos.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
oh WOW! can't wait to see this one!

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'll be picking it up this morning at fed-ex :dance: woo! Then I will do a photo shoot :) Even hand shots on my 9 month pregnant sausage fingers

S

SparkliesLuver

:appl: :dance: Yay, can't wait!

haha It's okay, don't worry about your fingers. ;-) A photo shoot with that beauty is a must!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
So excited to see hand shots! (And I'm sure your fingers will look great with that gem on them... even at 9 months pregnant ;)) )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results