shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring Diamond Advice - Please and Thank You

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
At first I was doubtful for having heart shaped prongs, but it's really starting to grow on me; it adds a nice touch to the piece. Most people advised getting a straight wedding band instead of curved, but I really like the minimalistic look that the two offer when worn together.

Thank you, Gypsy.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Update with hand shots? :cheeky: Pretty please?

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Diamondbug...anxiously waiting for delivery and if hand shots on my manly fingers are ok, then that is what you will get :hand:

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Initial unpacking and iPhone pictures; better clicks to follow!

img_5881.jpg

img_5882.jpg

img_5885.jpg

img_5886.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks fantastic!

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Gypsy. Still need to get better shots...will post some more tonight

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are pretty good. They show the delicate fluidity of the setting Mark Morrel is known for. You should see my attempts at photography. And I really do mean "attempts."

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Haha, I still think your shots are much better. Mark does excellent work and he is a great person to work with. Did you get your setting done by Mark?

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Some final shots of the ring with better focusing

photo_919.jpg

photo_920.jpg

photo_921.jpg

photo_922.jpg

eiger

Rough_Rock
That really looks beautiful! Congratulations. It is not easy to find such a well cut stone. I am also planning on using David Atlas to examine a stone (if I can ever find one) since I live in bucks county - not far from Horsham. I am guessing he was very helpful in confirming that you had found a very nice stone.

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much eiger - it definitely took some time to find the stone and fortunately I started early. I made it a habit to go online at least once a day and searched for diamonds with tight cut specifications, met HCA acceptance criteria, and AGA/NAJA 1A category; in conjunction with IS/ASET image assessment and asking the vendor to let me know if it was "eye clean". This forum has a wealth of information and it really made the diamond seeking experience fun and gratifying. In the end, I believe it is 110% worth it! Diamonds are pricey investments and as with all investments you have to do some sort of due diligence.

Dave Atlas was about two hours away from me, but it was worth the drive. He is very easy to work with and within the first minute you will know if he believes you have a "good" diamond or not; although you have to ask for his opinion because he will not say this diamond is "bad". I always asked him to tell me if XYZ is ok or of concern. He is very knowledgable and actually believes the stone I purchased is a E color rather than F.

Lucky for me, the first diamond I purchased ended up being a good one. I was prepared to return the diamond if it did not look ok, but from the positive feedback of this community and Dave Atlas's assessment, I decided that this will be the stone that she will wear (provided she says yes) :pray:

elizabethtwrs

Rough_Rock
Great work on the stone and setting! It's gorgeous. You did well :)

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Elizabeth. T-minus two weeks for the big day :pray:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results