shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a setting for my AVC

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I would love some help picking out a setting for my pre-loved AVC. It is .87 and a K. I would like to have something very feminine, maybe vintage. I have looked through the avc/avr thread a few times there are so many pretty rings that I am just getting confused.

20141006_071645.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go try on some rings out at some stores so you get a better feel for what you love. Personally for me, rings look so different on me, vs in pictures. I think that helps narrow down what you like. Your stone is gorgeous and great set, congrats!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Skippy|1414025757|3771335 said:
I would go try on some rings out at some stores so you get a better feel for what you love. Personally for me, rings look so different on me, vs in pictures. I think that helps narrow down what you like. Your stone is gorgeous and great set, congrats!

That's probably a good idea. I have looked up to see where I might be able to go to see some Bev K and Tacori settings. I would have about an hour drive though so that wont be happening soon.

Thanks, I think it is a beauty. I just need something nice to set it in.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie van Bebber does beautiful antique reproductions (see her FB page, CVB Inspired Design). Take a look at Singlestone for design ideas. They are very expensive now, but you might get some ideas for designs. I really prefer an AVC that size in a halo setting to give it more presence.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker, I hadn't thought of looking at either one of those. I definitely will check them out.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ame, those are some really pretty settings. I hadn't looked at single stone yet, thanks for suggesting them.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not reacted earlier as your set is one of my favourite PS sets. There is something about your stack that makes it absolutely gorgeous!!! But you seem very determined to reset and I wanted to wish you a happy hunting :wavey:
One of my fabourites it apacherose's set:
It's a scuplted engraving rose gold set from Van Craeynest :love:

_23550.jpg

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1414174448|3772153 said:
I have not reacted earlier as your set is one of my favourite PS sets. There is something about your stack that makes it absolutely gorgeous!!! But you seem very determined to reset and I wanted to wish you a happy hunting :wavey:
One of my fabourites it apacherose's set:
It's a scuplted engraving rose gold set from Van Craeynest :love:

That's so sweet of you to say.

I bought this pre-loved from a lovely lady here and it just happened to be that she had it in this setting and it was my size, so I paid her a little extra for the setting to use for now. It wasn't actually I setting I picked, However I have been looking at it the last couple of days though and wondering about it. I have always thought of a solitaire as being too plain but, I do love to use stacking bands. Stacking bands are also a look that no one I see in real life does, However 3 people I work with have halo rings. You have definitely given me something to think about.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have yet to see anything by him on here, but Adam Foster is local to STL, and makes some neat stuff. He has a shop on Etsy as well, but his shop in STL is a tiny little outpost and mostly a workshop with like A case of stuff. He does almost all custom stuff. He works at CRAZY high magnification as well. I've seen a few of his pieces up close and they are INSANE.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/adamfosterjewelry

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ame|1414182635|3772199 said:
I have yet to see anything by him on here, but Adam Foster is local to STL, and makes some neat stuff. He has a shop on Etsy as well, but his shop in STL is a tiny little outpost and mostly a workshop with like A case of stuff. He does almost all custom stuff. He works at CRAZY high magnification as well. I've seen a few of his pieces up close and they are INSANE.

Sorry for the threadjack, but I love Adam Foster's Etsy Shop! I have always wished he posted more real pictures instead of CADs on Etsy, but mostly because I was curious if that level of detail persisted in the finished product. Since I know how picky you are, Ame, I trust your above review.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
RetroTreeGal|1414183264|3772201 said:

Sorry for the threadjack, but I love Adam Foster's Etsy Shop! I have always wished he posted more real pictures instead of CADs on Etsy, but mostly because I was curious if that level of detail persisted in the finished product. Since I know how picky you are, Ame, I trust your above review.
I do agree on that. I wish he would take shots to share for future listings.

What I have seen in person, mind you he doesn't have a lot in his actual store, is AMAZING.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
He does have some really beautiful pieces. Thanks for mentioning him.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of ideas. What are some settings that you are drawn to?

open_flora_cushion.png

tac2299avrm.png

tac2299mavr.png

tac2299mavrside.png

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1414184024|3772209 said:
RetroTreeGal|1414183264|3772201 said:

I do agree on that. I wish he would take shots to share for future listings.

What I have seen in person, mind you he doesn't have a lot in his actual store, is AMAZING.

The items that I have seen are nicely done and I had a custom order in with him. However, after full payment upfront and three months later there were still no sketches. We called several times and left voice mails, but could not talk to him directly. So, we drove there to speak to him. Adam didn't write enough notes and could not remember the details of my custom order. Even though he is very personable and does nice work; we gave up and decided to go elsewhere.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
"Lynda"setting is my favorite for a cushion.

_23606.jpg

_23607.jpg

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
luvsdmb|1414419083|3773299 said:

That is really pretty. Is it by Grace?

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
apacherose|1414402760|3773223 said:
Here are a couple of ideas. What are some settings that you are drawn to?

I really like the van craeynest settings, but I doubt I could afford that. Also I like some of the tacori, but the same thing there. I like ones that are vintage looking with engraving and milgrain. I do like halos that have very small melee.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would do something like the vintage halo Ame suggested, if you like halo. IMHO, a halo would emphasize this stone, truly stunning AVC BTW, and given its size, it would benefit from a halo too. Vintago halos are stunning, the Erika Winters one is simply gorgeous.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Rena7|1414422217|3773333 said:

Yes, Jewels by Grace.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
luvsdmb|1414466488|3773689 said:
Rena7|1414422217|3773333 said:

Yes, Jewels by Grace.

Thanks, that setting is really pretty. I am definitely going to take a look at it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results