shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding used tennis/line diamond bracelet

christiekpearson

Rough_Rock
Hello!

Does anyone have recommendations for a tennis/line diamond bracelet? I'm looking for 3-6 carats and would prefer to get a used/second hand one to get a better deal (but not opposed to buying it new). I have small wrists (around 6 in i think) and totally fine with getting the bracelet resized. Around a 5k budget but flexible if it's an amazing deal.

Thank you!

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
I bought mine, new, at IDJ in New York and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They're really willing to work with you on the budget you have. I love my sparkly bracelet :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go to a jewelry expo. Look for ones that come around where you live. I've seen some really reasonably priced pieces.

christiekpearson

Rough_Rock
How can I find legit jewelry expos happening near me? (I'm in the bay area CA)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
christiekpearson|1414289039|3772718 said:
How can I find legit jewelry expos happening near me? (I'm in the bay area CA)

I've seen decent vendors at this one:
http://www.intergem.com/
Just look at their schedule and see when they will be back at the San Mateo Expo center. Oh, I just checked. They will be back Nov 28-30.

You will find all different qualities of vendors, so you need to look around a lot and be very discriminating. These will generally not be PS quality, but a few will be close. If you want PS whiteflash, BGD quality, you should probably buy directly from them. Many PSers have been happy with IDJ. Just do a search on tennis bracelets from these vendors.

You can check out this thread where I posted some that I saw a couple months back before I bought mine. I went there just to look for styles, but I had mine ordered at a local jeweler in Burlingame.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...perspective-shots-of-tennis-bracelets.205194/

There were a few vendors at the show that had very beautiful stones, but their prices were comparable, and some more than Whiteflash and BGD. So I do think you get what you pay for. :)

Good luck and come back with any questions you may have. You might even post a WTB on the Pre-loved forum. You never know.

And I should say that you should go to retail stores to get a feel for the prices and then you can compare them to prices offered at the gem show.

christiekpearson

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I'll be out of town for the next expo unfortunately.

Your bracelet is absolutely stunning. Were you happy with the Burlingame jeweler? I drive by there frequently =)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
christiekpearson|1414991373|3776606 said:
Thank you! I'll be out of town for the next expo unfortunately.

Your bracelet is absolutely stunning. Were you happy with the Burlingame jeweler? I drive by there frequently =)

Yes, they are extremely patient, which is very important when working with a want-everything-yesterday kind of person. You need to have a pretty good idea of what you want with when working with them because they don't have a lot of tennis bracelets sitting around for you to try on. They can bring in some styles that you may like, and can bring in specific cut, clarity and color of stones that you desire. Some people can pick it out of a catalog or off the internet. As you can see, I am not one of those people. I have to see everything IRL.

As you can see from my thread that my biggest challenge was deciding on the setting. I had to go to gem shows and other jewelers to see what I liked, and then ordered what I thought was close to my desired setting. They brought in the blank setting before I committed.

The pricing is fair, not the cheapest or the priciest.

Derco's at the gift center in SF has several tennis bracelets for you to try on. And while you are there, you should visit other jewelers as well. But for the most efficient test driving of tennis bracelets, a gem show is unbeatable. You see many in a short term time and minimal commuting effort. There should be other shows in the bay area. Maybe the east bay?

Or if you want to get something from WF or BGD, I'm sure you could talk to them and see if they can provide a setting that is not one of their stock settings. I know that their stones are probably sparklier than the one I bought, but I am perfectly content with mine, and I really enjoyed shopping locally as well.

Keep us updated on your search!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a healthy enough budget to get a new tennis bracelet from ID Jewelry. I went with 10+ pointers on a 7" wrist. Price is going to be total carat weight, so if you went 10+ pointers, for example, it on a 6" wrist, it will cost less than the standard 7".

This thread has comparison photos of 3 style options I examined at IDJ - 3 prong, 4 prong, and bangle:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upcoming-idj-visit.221254/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upcoming-idj-visit.221254/[/URL]

Feel free to bump it with any questions!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results