carat
color
clarity

Ring Design

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

I am a long time reader, posting for the first time. Hi, hi! I am really loving open gallery settings recently. I was curious if you think they are sturdy enough for a 3-3.5 carat stone. Seems that there is enough support from the scrolls at the base? I am thinking of making a ring-inspired by these designs for an anniversary. These setting have recently really caught my eye, they seem very elegant.

multiring8-preview_1.png

9f96acd7b3cd09216ca40a0a905edf03.jpg

erstwhile_jewelry_vintage_engagement_ring-424.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexxxx|1413934304|3770668 said:
Hi everyone,

I am a long time reader, posting for the first time. Hi, hi! I am really loving open gallery settings recently. I was curious if you think they are sturdy enough for a 3-3.5 carat stone. Seems that there is enough support from the scrolls at the base? I am thinking of making a ring-inspired by these designs for an anniversary. These setting have recently really caught my eye, they seem very elegant.
Should be OK b/c diamonds aren't that heavy.. ;))

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that neil lane design!

I don't see any reason why the ring wouldn't be sturdy enough. With all that pave, you probably shouldn't do anything too crazy in it anywho, so I think you should be good to go!

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hahaha, true! It's not an anvil or anything :whistle:

anvil.jpg

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
I was talking to David Klass about the ring, then I check my email, boom structural drawings (as he calls them) - talk about exciting. I love the little bit of height and the curve of the shank in the Neil Lane design, but I also like the antique vibe of the other deigns. So David was thinking of bringing them together with pave on one side and engraving on the other sides of the shank. Also, he changed the scrolls so instead of 4 scrolls, there are two that go all the way across, so the stone won't shift around (since I decided on the four prongs). I am thinking of doing the whole thing in yellow gold, instead of the sleek/modern platinum/pave vibe of the inspiration ring?
Also probably a gemstone stone center so I can get up in the 4 carat range and stay within my budget. My understanding is the structural drawings show how the ring will be cast, then a lot of work is done by hand- filing the channels to be really thin and adding the detailing. Just wanted to share the progress, it is really neat how jewelry is made :bigsmile:

Structural Drawings

7019.jpg

Shank Inspiration (but pave further down and YG for this ring)

il_570xn_24.jpg

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
That's beautiful! It's going to be stunning!

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a pic of this one from the top? I love the antique feel!

9f96acd7b3cd09216ca40a0a905edf03.jpg

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
I finally found a center stone, I decided on a lovely cushion ruby (but I sent it to David Klass so no pictures just yet :oops: ). I was just thinking about Acinom's post and about what 2015 will bring for me. Color for sure, I've been really inspired by other cultures. South East Asian jewelry, Russian, Moroccan. I saw the current jewelry exhibit at the MET and the colors were perfect. So YG, diamond melee sides, and a ruby center for this ring. And an inspiration picture along with the rough casting from David. :naughty:

image_2435.jpg

image_2436.jpg

image_2437.jpg

image_2438.jpg

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! This is going to be stunning!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah!!! It will be gorgeous :appl:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see this completed! Beautiful! :appl:

kangaroocrazy

Rough_Rock
This is going to be fabulous!!! Cant wait to see it!! :dance:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look fabulous.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Loving these rough cast photos!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, that is going to be GORGEOUS! Your inspirations are amazing, and that yellow gold with the ruby is probably going to make me swoon! :)

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you everyone, I'm really excited! David is such a doll also, he makes the processes so much fun.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I cannot wait to see this! :love:

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Alexxxx,

did I see your finished ring on David's facebook? If that is the finished product it is absolutely amazing! :appl:

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
How did I miss this? Thank you so much ooeemusic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results