shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! What kind of halo setting is this?

lil2181

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Does anyone know what kind of halo setting this is? I saw this ring at costco and really liked the setting. Does anyone know where I can get a setting similar to this?

_23545.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that setting at Costco myself and thought it was lovely. The James Allen one isn't anywhere close to it. The closest would be the Tacori halo as in the 2620. It's just a barely there halo, but I think that is the look they were trying to go for.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I respectfully disagree, I think the halo looks quite large on this one, not small and dainty. But perhaps my eyes deceive me.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, after looking at it again, I think you are right, telephone. It's maybe a little smaller than the James Allen but bigger than the Tacori- somewhere in the middle.

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Check out the Tacori full bloom range if you like the look of larger halo stones. I have one and love it (see my profile pic or thread for more pics).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to me like a cluster ring. It has 4 "prongs" on the outside of the halo. I believe that's intended to trick the casual observer into thinking it's one stone. Peobably why the halo stones are so large.

What does she like about it? What's your budge? Tacori is overpriced (IMHO) and if your budget is about 4k you'd be blowing pretty much all your budget on your setting.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
This Costco ring is not a floral scallop halo. It's hard (for me) to tell what kind of halo style this is, however, maybe it's bright-cut pave (certainly the shank looks like bright-cut, and there is a hint of an outer bezel at the bottom edge of the halo).

costco.jpg

Also, it does not appear to be marketed as a cluster ring, since Costco's promotional materials explicitly call out the size of the center diamond. The outer four prongs could give that appearance though -- I have not seen that done on a halo before.

Good luck!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drk14|1414170660|3772136 said:
This Costco ring is not a floral scallop halo. It's hard (for me) to tell what kind of halo style this is, however, maybe it's bright-cut pave (certainly the shank looks like bright-cut, and there is a hint of an outer bezel at the bottom edge of the halo).

costco.jpg

Also, it does not appear to be marketed as a cluster ring, since Costco's promotional materials explicitly call out the size of the center diamond. The outer four prongs could give that appearance though -- I have not seen that done on a halo before.

Good luck!

It may not be marketed as such. But the lack of distinct prongs on the center and the fake prongs on the outside still bring it to that category, for me.

Also, you'll post here but not update us on your lovely mq?!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1414171049|3772137 said:
It may not be marketed as such. But the lack of distinct prongs on the center and the fake prongs on the outside still bring it to that category, for me.
No argument there! =)

Also, you'll post here but not update us on your lovely mq?!
Niel, I had planned to write another update, but I felt some negativity in my thread that made it awkward for me to post there (because I'm determined to keep this whole experience positive from here on out). I am going to start a new thread with updates for everybody, but I haven't had time to write it up yet, and also I'm at a precarious point in the process right now and I don't want to jinx myself. So please forgive me for being coy, for the time being... I promise I'll let you guys know what's going on, hopefully soon.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
drk14|1414170660|3772136 said:

costco.jpg

Good luck!
Wow, the original photo definitely looks like a floral style, but this photo looks much more like the suggestion luv2sparkle originally suggested. Tricksy costco, tricksy...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results