carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy!

First things first, although I was very distracted by your rubies!!! I am so sorry for your pain. You are magnificent to be so imaginative and upbeat to be managing the pain in creative ways. You are a true Pollyanna! I mean that in the nicest way, I assure you!

Second thing: your rubies. They are most distracting! Rubies are my favorite stone by far. I only have red spinel rings because I cannot afford rubies! Karen Wickman did a wonderful job with that jewelry. How did you find her? Did you just come across her on Etsy or was she recommended to you by someone?

Anyone, that neck shot is astounding. You said that she sent the photos to you. Is that not your neck? Whoever owns that neck has one gorgeous neck!!! ;))

Big hugs,
Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1406472266|3721461 said:
And Missy, I love that ruby set! And so, so, so sorry about your pain. Ugh.

Thank you Rosebloom. It is a pretty set and Karen was so nice to work with. She threw in the earrings as a surprise. How lovely is that?

AGBF said:
missy!

First things first, although I was very distracted by your rubies!!! I am so sorry for your pain. You are magnificent to be so imaginative and upbeat to be managing the pain in creative ways. You are a true Pollyanna! I mean that in the nicest way, I assure you!

Second thing: your rubies. They are most distracting! Rubies are my favorite stone by far. I only have red spinel rings because I cannot afford rubies! Karen Wickman did a wonderful job with that jewelry. How did you find her? Did you just come across her on Etsy or was she recommended to you by someone?

Anyone, that neck shot is astounding. You said that she sent the photos to you. Is that not your neck? Whoever owns that neck has one gorgeous neck!!! ;))

Big hugs,

LOL Deb, you managed to make me laugh so a big thank you for that! No easy feat these days.

It is my neck and thank you for that very enthusiastic compliment haha. Made my day. Perhaps people will look at my neck and ignore my swollen and mangled foot, ankle, and leg? I can hope so anyway! :cheeky: I managed to find the pics in my computer and that too was no easy task being the computer illiterate I am. The first picture is Karen's and the rest are mine.

I found Karen because I wanted a ruby necklace last year for our anniversary (I think it was for our anniversary) and was searching ebay endlessly and came across her beautiful jewelry. I read her bio and feedback and was hooked. I also thought her pricing was very fair. She was very accommodating as I made a few changes to her usual and customary necklaces and she also made me a special clasp that she didn't have on her website. I love the clasp. I highly recommend her and hope you love what she makes for you!

And thank you for your too kind comments. (((HUGS))).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1406438281|3721329 said:
A couple of years ago I commissioned a pair of 4mm round ball studs in 24K gold from Kate Szabone on Etsy. I know I have them somewhere, safe, but I don't know where! So I decided I needed a new pair of 3mm earrings to replace the large (perhaps 6mm) studs I have been wearing everyday. I, therefore, ordered a pair of 14K "solid" gold (i.e. not plated) shiny ball shaped studs from one Etsy vendor a few days ago. I just wanted a smaller, less obvious, option than the studs I am currently wearing.

Only a funny thing happened. As I thought about the 14K earrings, I kept thinking how much I wished that I had a pair of solid 24K gold earrings coming to me! I envisioned a pair of solid gold nuggets, heavy and solid, in place of some lightweight ball studs.

So I went back to perusing earrings on the Internet.

In the end I ended up buying a second pair of studs, this time in 24K, very solid gold. I ordered these from the woman whom I would like to make more bangle bracelets for me one day.

I am posting photos of both pairs of the earrings which I asked to have made up. They are really, really tiny, but I wanted something attractive just to keep the place where my ears were pierced without drawing a lot of attention to them.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

These are marvellous! Understated elegance. :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1406479248|3721508 said:
Rosebloom|1406472266|3721461 said:
And Missy, I love that ruby set! And so, so, so sorry about your pain. Ugh.

Thank you Rosebloom. It is a pretty set and Karen was so nice to work with. She threw in the earrings as a surprise. How lovely is that?

AGBF said:
missy!

LOL Deb, you managed to make me laugh so a big thank you for that! No easy feat these days.

It is my neck and thank you for that very enthusiastic compliment haha. Made my day. Perhaps people will look at my neck and ignore my swollen and mangled foot, ankle, and leg? I can hope so anyway! :cheeky: I managed to find the pics in my computer and that too was no easy task being the computer illiterate I am. The first picture is Karen's and the rest are mine.

I found Karen because I wanted a ruby necklace last year for our anniversary (I think it was for our anniversary) and was searching ebay endlessly and came across her beautiful jewelry. I read her bio and feedback and was hooked. I also thought her pricing was very fair. She was very accommodating as I made a few changes to her usual and customary necklaces and she also made me a special clasp that she didn't have on her website. I love the clasp. I highly recommend her and hope you love what she makes for you!

And thank you for your too kind comments. (((HUGS))).

Hey, facts are facts. You have a beautiful neck. When I took my daughter to her dermatologist, who advertizes that he is a cosmetic dermatologist or some such thing, he had a picture of a lovely woman showing her throat on his counter. It said something like, "every woman wants a beautiful neck, the only thing she might want more is a beautiful face".

Deb ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1406483364|3721542 said:
These are marvellous! Understated elegance. :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you, Sharon. I appreciate that, coming from you!

Deb

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Another of my not so subtle pieces for you ladies to enjoy...sorry for the crappy iphone pics. Please send me your comments.. :cheeky:

getattachment_6.jpg

Thanks,
Rinky

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Another pic.. :dance:

photo_213.jpg

Enjoy!!

Rinky

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
thank you everyone for the kinds comments on my mom's bangles. They made mom smile =) I'll try to get some pictures of her wearing them, as i know i always look forward to seeing pieces in action.
inkyb, your pieces are so beautiful! I think they would be just luscious to wear, heavy and definitely with presence. Could we perhaps see some closer shots of the details?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rinky,

I am afraid I really couldn't see that first picture you posted above very well. The fact that no one else rushed to comment on what looked like a huge piece makes me think that others had the same problem that I did. I know that I often have a great deal of trouble photographing my jewelry, but if you ever get some time, do you think you try to get a better photo or photos of that necklace?

The second set is stunning. When one Pricescoper got married to a man from South Asia her mother-in-law designed jewelry for her that had real diamonds and pearls, but faux emeralds and rubies. Can you tell me if there is a policy about whether it is standard for jewelry to be made to that standard in South Asia or whether it is up to the taste of the individual ordering the pieces? Forgive me if I am asking you something of which you have no knowledge.

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Deb and Pencilcase!! My love for traditional gold jewelry started quite late as I always found 22 KT gold very flashy, but as I grew older my love for antique style/temple pieces grew and I found myself growing more and more fond of traditional pieces only. It is a pity I don't get to wear them as often as I would like, but since I have two daughters, these will be their heritage and hopefully they will also savor them as I have done. To answer your question Deb, for Indians 22 KT gold is the standard, if you ask my mom, she does not consider lower KT gold to be worth a dime!! Also all stones that you see in any of my traditional pieces are 100% natural rubies, emeralds or diamonds. There is no place for simulated/fake stones in such jewelry.

Thank you guys for your appreciation and posting some better quality pics for all.

Enjoy!!
Rinky

photo_2__2__3.jpg
photo_1__2__6.jpg

photo__4__7.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I just got these 22kt gold anklets! My MIL had them sent over from India to celebrate the one year anniversary of our Indian wedding. I have an ankle picture but will spare you having to see a photo of my feet! I showed them on my wrist, just imagine them on an ankle. They go nicely with my 22kt toe rings. They have 3 little bells on them that are a bit more musical than i would like but i may just get used to that

_21187.jpg

_21188.jpg

_21185.jpg

_21186.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are charming!

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
rinkyb- thank you for the pictures you look very beautiful! The close ups of the earrings and necklace are just delicious!

hippi-pixi- i love your anklets, the mango motif is very traditional but modern at the same time. The anklets themselves look substantial I'm curious- do you wear them often?

on another note? where is everyone? =(
This was the thread that made me want to join pricescope. I'm an April baby with diamonds for a birthstone, but in my eyes all that glitters is definitely gold! I really hope more people will contribute and share. I promise to post some of my earrings soon- nothing big, but important pieces to me.

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Pencilcase!! I don't think that I will post pics on this site anymore as I don't think anyone is interested :eh:

Rinky

Rosalie

Rough_Rock
I know there are some Marco Bicego fans here so I thought I'd seek some advice. I'm interested in purchasing the necklace posted below. I'd like to get matching earrings but I don't like any in this line. I tend to like dangle type earrings.

image_2366.jpg

I like the ones I pasted below...but do they match? Are there other earrings you'd suggest?

image_2367.jpg

Bananas

Rough_Rock
So excited to find this thread. Beautiful YG pieces! :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1409861424|3744905 said:
Thanks Pencilcase!! I don't think that I will post pics on this site anymore as I don't think anyone is interested :eh:

Rinky

I am sorry, Rinky. I cannot tell you not to take it personally, because when one posts and no one responds, it is very personal. But in reality, the lack of enthusiasm about your beautiful jewelry has not been about you. Something about this thread just died. I do not know what or why or if it will be revived. I have not been looking at any threads in Jewelry Pieces for months and that used to be the first, or the very least the second, place that I went when I logged onto Pricescope!

Maybe someone has to buy some beautiful new gold jewelry. Or maybe someone has to design something new and fabulous. Or maybe gold prices have to drop. I don't really have much of a clue!

Best wishes to you!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosalie|1413174159|3766293 said:
I know there are some Marco Bicego fans here so I thought I'd seek some advice. I'm interested in purchasing the necklace posted below. I'd like to get matching earrings but I don't like any in this line. I tend to like dangle type earrings.

I like the ones I pasted below...but do they match? Are there other earrings you'd suggest?

What are the parameters for the kind of earrings you are looking for? Is the the Marco Bicego necklace you want to match 18K gold? Would you want 18K gold dangle earrings to match it? Who designed the earrings you put up there? They are very familiar. Are they, also, Marco Bicego?

Deb/AGBF

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

image_2366.jpg

image_2367.jpg

I think they would look very well together. The gold and the similar finish tie them together but they aren't matchy. That neclace would look great with a lot of different earrings, from simple gold hoops to more elaborate pieces, as long as they have some parameters in common. I wouldn't pair it with anything very angular or with severe straight lines, for example.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1413696207|3769324 said:

Rinky

I am sorry, Rinky. I cannot tell you not to take it personally, because when one posts and no one responds, it is very personal. But in reality, the lack of enthusiasm about your beautiful jewelry has not been about you. Something about this thread just died. I do not know what or why or if it will be revived. I have not been looking at any threads in Jewelry Pieces for months and that used to be the first, or the very least the second, place that I went when I logged onto Pricescope!

Maybe someone has to buy some beautiful new gold jewelry. Or maybe someone has to design something new and fabulous. Or maybe gold prices have to drop. I don't really have much of a clue!

Best wishes to you!!!

HI Rinky:

Deb is lovely and sincere. Thanks! :wavey:

This "forum" will never be well travelled, but that does not mean your continued posting is not appreciated. Beautiful things, well, are most often (silently) admired and that of course, is the gorgeous secret.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1413854001|3770128 said:
AGBF|1413696207|3769324 said:

Rinky

Best wishes to you!!!

HI Rinky:

Deb is lovely and sincere. Thanks! :wavey:

This "forum" will never be well travelled, but that does not mean your continued posting is not appreciated. Beautiful things, well, are most often (silently) admired and that of course, is the gorgeous secret.

cheers--Sharon

I concur. Gorgeous pieces in this thread and while I don't always get to check out the new arrivals when I do visit I am always in love with the beautiful gold jewelry posted here. :love:

Lovely pieces Rinky. Thank you for for sharing and please keep posting. :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1413730760|3769410 said:

I think they would look very well together. The gold and the similar finish tie them together but they aren't matchy. That neclace would look great with a lot of different earrings, from simple gold hoops to more elaborate pieces, as long as they have some parameters in common. I wouldn't pair it with anything very angular or with severe straight lines, for example.

I am that glad Beatriz replied to you, Rosalie. I wanted to do so, but I had absolutely nothing helpful to say. There are so few of us that ever frequent this thread that if we don't have any ideas and we remain silent, it seems very rude. In reality, unless we engage in ceaseless, stupid prattle here, this thread just lies dormant for long periods of time.

Sometimes there is an event that energizes all of us. But that has become rare as of late. If only someone would buy a 24K tiara or some such item it would do wonders for this thread!

By the way, I would have loved to have seen all the earrings in the Marco Bicego line that matched that necklace posted. Just for the sake of comparison. The necklace does not appeal to me as a sole piece. Perhaps with the "matchy matchy" earrings that so many others hate it would have appealed to me. (I tend to like "matchy-matchy" things. Sets. Parures.) But I believe I prefer the style of the earrings you posted to the necklace you posted and would have preferred to get a necklace to match the earrings rather than vice versa. (If Marco Bicego had a necklace in that pattern that suited my taste, of course.)

AGBF

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Deb and Shannon love your comments :dance: As you said when one posts and no one responds then it is personal and we all have very busy lives, so why waste time when no one is interested?? Anyway, as you can see, I do still check this thread, I am a HUGE jewelry fan, especially traditional yellow gold pieces and am sharing another recent picture of me in one of those pieces, will wait for your comments.. :cheeky:

Thanks,
Rinky

photo_2_116.jpg

Here is a recent purchase of mine, the pendant is made up of uncut diamonds and has a large ruby in the center, sorry for the iphone pic

photo_1_133.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1414084344|3771598 said:
Thank you Deb and Shannon love your comments :dance: As you said when one posts and no one responds then it is personal and we all have very busy lives, so why waste time when no one is interested?? Anyway, as you can see, I do still check this thread, I am a HUGE jewelry fan, especially traditional yellow gold pieces and am sharing another recent picture of me in one of those pieces, will wait for your comments.. :cheeky:

Thanks,
Rinky

photo_2_116.jpg

Here is a recent purchase of mine, the pendant is made up of uncut diamonds and has a large ruby in the center, sorry for the iphone pic

photo_1_133.jpg

HI:

In general I am not posting/visiting PS like I once did--but I am here today and say YUM! Cool loot Rinky! :love:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

image_2366.jpg

image_2367.jpg

MB has number of collections, one could easily mix and match--would you consider some colored stones in earrings?

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1414084344|3771598 said:

Thanks,
Rinky

photo_2_116.jpg

photo_1_133.jpg

Hi, Rinky!

It's a fluke that I happened to get to this thread tonight! I might not have seen it for days. I was supposed to be watching a movie with my (adult) daughter, but she passed out on the couch because she didn't get enough sleep last night. So I checked Pricescope and saw that people had actually been posting in The Gold Thread!

I love your jewelry, as always.

First, I love it that you actually wear it! I tend to own it; store it in the safe deposit box; and take it out once a year for a wedding!

Second, your jewelry is magnificent and it suits you. Not only could I not afford it (and you have shared with us that all your huge gemstones are real), but I could not "carry it off". It is not my style. All my life I wore only two small pearl earrings (and I didn't even have pierced ears) and a small strand of pearls around my neck. It was not until I was in my 40's that I dared to buy higher karat gold than the European 18K and wear brilliant jewelry!

You wear huge pieces and look regal in them!

I do love it when you post pictures! Your parure is magnificent. I notice huge pearls and a ruby as well as emeralds in the leaves and diamonds in three matched pieces. Did I miss anything? I cannot see all the details!

When and how did you acquire the set? (I saw you said that it was recent.) Was it made for you? Was it for a special occasion?

Hugs,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not believe I ever posted these earrings in this thread before, although I once posted a photo of them in a thread of non-diamond pieces that I would like to own. They are similar to the Elsa Peretti gold mesh earrings and I am sure owe much to their design. I have never seen these in person, so I do not know if they feel as good as they look. They are also quite hard to find.

I did write to their manufacturer, though, and they can be made in 18K gold although they are usually made in 14K.

Deb/AGBF

_23538.jpg

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Deb for your kind words!! I do wear large pieces as I also wear indian saris which are very bright and tend to overpower smaller pieces. The last pendant I posted is made of gold, uncut diamonds, Ruby and emeralds and south sea pearls. It is not a custom piece but is an unique piece for sure and not something you see everywhere. I bought it recently for Diwali (the Festival of Lights).

Btw I love your earrings, very wearable and elegant!!

Thanks
Rinky

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1414164749|3772088 said:
Thanks Deb for your kind words!! I do wear large pieces as I also wear indian saris which are very bright and tend to overpower smaller pieces. The last pendant I posted is made of gold, uncut diamonds, Ruby and emeralds and south sea pearls. It is not a custom piece but is an unique piece for sure and not something you see everywhere. I bought it recently for Diwali (the Festival of Lights).

Btw I love your earrings, very wearable and elegant!!

Hi, Rinky! Thank you for answering my questions about your lovely pieces. :angel: The earrings pictured above are not (unfortunately) mine. They are only earrings I have been admiring and considering. They are, however, my style. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results