shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this RB?

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I'm a little bit worried about the inlcusion on the table (I'm quite sensitive when it comes to clarity):

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/8/4/4/7/5/webimg/701442349_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/8/4/4/7/5/webimg/701442135_o.jpg?nc=993

Also I have found this one on Bluenile (their Petite Diamond setting is my absolute favourite, I haven't found anything like that at the other vendors I was looking at, that's why I'm considering buying from them):

http://www.bluenile.com/certs/242660024.pdf?params=cHJvZHVjdD1CTlVLJnBob25lPTAwODAwKzI1ODMrNjQ1MyZsaW5rPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuYmx1ZW5pbGUuY29tJTJGYXQlMkZfTEQwNDc4MTk4NSZza3U9TEQwNDc4MTk4NSZsYWI9Z2NhbCZjb3VudHJ5PUFVVCZjdXJyZW5jeT1FVVIm#page=1&zoom=auto,-40,2384

Appreciate your help :wavey: !

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the inclusions on that first stone would be really hard for me* to see. If you've got eagle eyes...well not sure if you could
see or not. It's hard to tell from a static picture.

What is the clarity grade on the second stone? It looks like a nice stone also but didn't see a grade anywhere.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
That's the thing- unfortunately I do have eagle eyes :(( and it's even worse once I know where the incusion is...

The second stone is a SI1, so I'd have to rely on Blueniles definition of "eyeclean"...

@canvasback,

I don't think that Bluenile does provide idealscope images?

canvasback

Shiny_Rock
Kalliope|1414070579|3771500 said:
That's the thing- unfortunately I do have eagle eyes :(( and it's even worse once I know where the incusion is...

The second stone is a SI1, so I'd have to rely on Blueniles definition of "eyeclean"...

@canvasback,

I don't think that Bluenile does provide idealscope images?

OP, my bad, they do not. I wasn't paying enough attention t the vendor.

There is something to be said about the AGS000. There's some variance to performance, but we know it will perform. If time is of the essence, that is the safer stone without seeing an idealscope.

I'm no pro myself...hopefully some more people will chime in here on this one.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
canvasback|1414072114|3771506 said:
OP, I was able to find many A Cut Above stones at Whiteflash in your price range. These are known performers.
Here's a link to one that is listed as eye clean.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3109248.htm#

Are you up for options such as this?

Actually, I had been looking at that stone ;)), but somehow I'm really set on the Bluenile Petite Diamond Setting (or a three stone, that's why I asked about the first stone I posted).

So, I know that pricescopers don't recommend buying other than signature ideals from BN, but how bad can a thorougly selected stone (considering everything from cut and polish, clarity, table, depth, the angles, HCA) be? As a newbie I've been watching some of the very informative GOG videos and have to say that I could barely see a difference in performance of a very good cut to an excellent or ideal stone for example :oops:. I know buying unseen is always risky (especially regarding inclusions), but they won't be duds in performing?

BN 1

BN 2

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I like the numbers on BN2 the best. If you are set on the setting from BN I think you should just get the stone shipped to you and get eyes on it. See if you like it. I have bought from GOG, Whiteflash, Brian Gavin and ID Jewelry. I have never recommend BN because of the lack of IS but here I am at the moment waiting on a stone from BN. The numbers, photo and $$ looks great so I am getting it sent to me so I can take look at it and decide. And if I am still iffy after seeing it, I would send it to an appraiser for peace of mind ;)) .

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Did you go for a Signature Ideal at BN? I had my eyes on some promising stones (ideal, not signature) but they're gone :rolleyes: ... I think I would really like to order from BN so I'm now thinking about how low I should go with color, if I should drop to J or stay with I (and better) :???: .

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
It is not a BN signature, just a GIA ideal cut. They sent a photo and it looks pretty good and the person/gemologist said that it is eye clean and strong flo has no negative impact ( I have been searching for medium/strong flo, you know.. for nights that I go clubbing!! :lol: so I am sooo happy) Have you seen GIA rated stones? I think only you can decide what color you are comfortable with. I couldn't see any color in my J till I got an F. The J is a 1.3ct and still looks white with no warmth from the side for me but the F is icy white. It took me a while to like it. All I saw and said was its soo white too white but I came around and now love the icy whites too. If you are not color sensitive, I think you should go the lowest color you are comfortable with and buy the biggest stone for your money :naughty: !! Can't wait to see what you pick. Post it here and I'm sure Pricescopers will help!! ;))

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Diamondbug said:
It is not a BN signature, just a GIA ideal cut. They sent a photo and it looks pretty good and the person/gemologist said that it is eye clean

What kind of photo do they provide, a magnified picture? Do you know if the number of diamonds they investigate for you is limited (e.g. they won't provide info on more than 3 stones)?

Have you seen GIA rated stones? I think only you can decide what color you are comfortable with. I couldn't see any color in my J till I got an F.

I've seen a handfull of GIA rated stones and could see the tint in a J clearly when in comparison to a G or H, but also when only looking at the J. So I guess I'm sticking with I or better.

I found a nice stone on BN- would it be worth asking for a photo? I'm concerned about the SI1...

RB
I colour
SI1 (crystal, feather, cloud, knot)
GIA cut, polish and symmetry excellent
Table 57%
Depth 60.8%
Crown Angle 34°
Crown height 14,5%
Pavillion Angle 41°
Pavillion Depth 43%
Girdle medium

HCA 1,4 (scintillation and spread very good, light return and fire excellent)
AGA/NAJA 1A (all categories)

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I think the numbers look good so you should definitely ask for a photo and also confirm if it is eye clean. The most important thing is that the crystals are clear/white and not black. I don't think there is a set number of stones that they will look into for you but I could be wrong. I know some of their consultants are better than others. If you get an a$$, just say thank you and call back to hopefully get a different person. Had a guy tell me that we can't extend the hold to wait for confirmation on the FL impact, no we can't hold the stone for a couple of days even after you pay for it in FULL while you decide on a setting....... it was a bunch of NOs with the consultant. So I said thank you and called back an hr later :bigsmile:

I went through a lot of SI1 and SI2 stones with good numbers before finding this eye clean looking SI2. The plotting on the GIA cert looks amazingly clean for an SI2 and the photo looks clean too so we'll see when I get it. I'll post the photo they sent me.

_23609.jpg

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your fast reply, Diamondbug!

Your stone looks great for a SI2 and I love the symmetry-can't wait for you to post pics :) !

Unfortunately the GIA for the stone I found does not have an inclusion plot, so I'd have to rely on the photo and BNs definition of eyeclean.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post the GIA number? We can look up the plot on GIA site.

BTW I love stones with under 61% depth... getting the biggest bang for the ct weight :bigsmile:

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if you can look up the plot online- it seems this stone comes with the GIA "Diamond Dossier" which does not include the plotting diagram (as opposed to the "Diamond Grading Report") :???: .

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
So here I am again with 3 stones that I found at BN and would like to ask for pictures. Two of them are I VS1 resp. VVS2, HCA<2, AGA 1A.

The third one is a little bigger:
I
VS2 (ask if eyeclean?)
Depth 63.1%
Table 54%
Crown Angle 35°
Pavillion Angle 40.6°
HCA 1,1
AGA 1B (all categories 1A except Crown Angle- 1B and depth 2A)

-is it also worth requesting a picture?

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Update- I requested info about 4 diamonds on bluenile- they confirmed eyecleanliness (all but one) but wouldn't provide any pictures. Unfortunately the GIA dossiers don't have inclusion plots.

So what do you think about those 3 stones based on the numbers?

H SI1
GIA 3x excellent
Depth: 61.7%
Table: 55%
Girdle: medium-slightly thick
Crown Angle: 35°
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Height: 43%
Fluor: none
Inclusions: twinning wisp

HCA: 1,5
AGA/NAJA: 1A

I VS1
GIA cut+symm: excellent, polish: very good
Depth: 62.2%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15%
Inclusions: crystal, needle, pinpoint

HCA: 1,3

I VS2
GIA 3x excellent
Depth: 62.3%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Inclusions: twinning wisp, crystal

HCA: 1,6

I know that most of you don't recommend buying from BN, but I really love their petite diamond setting, they ship for free and you can pay by credit card, so I'd really like to go with them.

I also looked in their signature round inventory but I'd have to sacrifice size- and since a couple of pricescopers were able to get magnified pictures of BN diamonds I thought I would also ask (don't know, maybe I should continue the search and find a stone they would actually have a picture of).

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there :wavey: Wondered how your search was going. All 3 stones have rocking numbers. So it is a matter of preference. I would pick the highest color with the lowest eye clean clarity( I hate paying for something that I can't see) so the H is my pick. Should be awesome!! :love:

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Hey diamondbug,

Did your RB turn out to be as beautiful in real life as in the picture?

I'd really like to go with the H SI1 but am hesistant without a picture. I've been looking at the signature rounds and they've got very nice ones- nevertheless I'd have to go down in size about 0,22mm (it's not that much but I think, visible)... Also I have noticed that some of the stones appear darker to me which I don't like at all.

For example- don't like this one (random pick):

stone 1

But I like this:

stone 2

So I guess I won't be buying without pic :think: .

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Kalliope said:

Yes it did... but I didn't trust my eyes enough to love it LOL so sent to to Neil Beaty so he can tell me YES it is ok to love it!!Hahaha
I am in the midst of getting a setting made for it ;))

So the 2 stone you picked did not do well on HCA but I am with you, I like the 2nd stone though it scored higher at 2.6 HCA probably because of the steeper crown. My cut off is 2.5 but so I am not sure how I would proceed. I don't know anything about their light analysis but it scored excellent so I would probably take a chance on it..... but do you really want to go down .2mm?That is quite a bit. Where are you located? In the States? If so, how about getting the H in to see how you like it? The numbers are really awesome on it :naughty:

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Diamondbug said:
Kalliope said:

Yes it did... but I didn't trust my eyes enough to love it LOL so sent to to Neil Beaty so he can tell me YES it is ok to love it!!Hahaha
I am in the midst of getting a setting made for it ;))

Glad to hear the diamond looks great- can't wait for you to post some pics :naughty: !

So the 2 stone you picked did not do well on HCA but I am with you, I like the 2nd stone though it scored higher at 2.6 HCA probably because of the steeper crown.

Oh, I didn't look at the HCA, just picked random stones to show what i mean.

but do you really want to go down .2mm?That is quite a bit.

Yes, I know that a difference of 0.22mm is noticeable but it won't be that big a deal (no one amongst my friends/family is wearing such a "big" :bigsmile: diamond).

Where are you located? In the States? If so, how about getting the H in to see how you like it? The numbers are really awesome on it :naughty:

No, I'm located in Europe. I don't want to hassle with returns (and won't be upgrading, this is unheard of where I live :mrgreen: ) and so I want the diamond/ring to be a winner :pray: .

Update:

I got a picture of Nr. 3- my least favourite (smallest one of the diamonds I picked), that is the only pic they have available:

Nr.3

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Kalliope said:
I got a picture of Nr. 3- my least favourite (smallest one of the diamonds I picked), that is the only pic they have available:

Nr.3

You're killing me here.... photo didn't come work. Try again please :bigsmile:

Kalliope said:
No, I'm located in Europe. I don't want to hassle with returns (and won't be upgrading, this is unheard of where I live ) and so I want the diamond/ring to be a winner .

Well darn it. I totally understand not wanting the hassle since you are international so I guess we need to work on a diamond with photos. I'll take a look later when the kids are napping :)) . Though that F SI1 is very pretty. :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, skip this one.

kalliope_3.jpg

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Yssie!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the I VS2 1.6 HCA? If it is, wow, that is not what I was expecting with those numbers!! Not good. Yup its a skip.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
What is your budget and specs?.. LOL that would be helpful to know when going shopping :bigsmile:

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Diamondbug|1417463010|3793371 said:
Is this the I VS2 1.6 HCA? If it is, wow, that is not what I was expecting with those numbers!! Not good. Yup its a skip.

Yes, that's the I VS2. Now I really understand that pricescopers don't recommend buying unseen :| ...

I have requested pictures (if available) of 4 more diamonds, let's see what they can provide. How many pictures did you receive from BN, diamondbug?

As for the budget and the specs- I'm quite afraid of lurkers so I would rather not post details :bigsmile: . I just want a fantastic sparkler at a good price.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I called about 8 diamonds and one photo for each. They did tell me whether it is what they considered eye clean or if there were any negative impact from the flou.... since I was looking for med/strong /very strong flou. All the stones I called in had great HCA scores and most looked great but some was not eye clean.

Yes, just keep requesting until you find the one. We're here to help.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
yssie said:
Yup, skip this one.
Wtf? That's horrible under the table!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results