shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant reset advice

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I am looking to have my original cluster engagement ring made into a pendant. Here is my ring:

I'd like a thin, 18" WG chain and I'd like the pendant to be set in platinum and fixed rather than loose on the chain. I'm thinking something like this but without the DBTY look: http://www.allurez.com/necklaces-and-pendants/diamond-necklaces-and-pendants/flower-pendant-diamonds-by-the-yard-necklace-14k-white-gold-1.00ct/pid/121/2

Or maybe having more of a bezeled look, perhaps like this but with millgrain?

I am assuming it's a fairly straightforward project, but I'm not sure who to contact. Are there any PS vendors who would take on such a small project? Or should I just stick to local jewelers (I'm in the Bay Area)? I had some pretty bad experiences at the local shops when I was searching for my engagement ring upgrade and since this dainty little ring is very sentimental, I'd be heartbroken if someone messed it up.

Also, if anyone has photos of any similar cluster, floral pendants I'd love to see them for more inspiration!

_23511.jpg

daisy_diamond_14kt_rose_gold_4_.jpg

susanrachel28

Rough_Rock
Hi! I had my moms ring turned into a pendant by a local jeweler here in Hawaii. It took about 5 days (he's really popular!) and I gave him a pendant to take the bale (sp?) from. I originally wanted exactly the type of necklace you posted but WITH the diamond by the yard stations, however he told me the pendant would not lie flat and it would be better to hang vertically. I'll dig up some before/after pictures for you tonight.

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
I'd love to see pictures of it! Thanks so much :).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in the bay area. I have a good local jeweler by me on the peninsula. And then there is Joe Escobar in Campbell.

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
I live in the peninsula, small world! Do you mind posting the name of the jeweler?

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
susanrachel28|1414037873|3771412 said:
Hi! I had my moms ring turned into a pendant by a local jeweler here in Hawaii. It took about 5 days (he's really popular!) and I gave him a pendant to take the bale (sp?) from. I originally wanted exactly the type of necklace you posted but WITH the diamond by the yard stations, however he told me the pendant would not lie flat and it would be better to hang vertically. I'll dig up some before/after pictures for you tonight.
I stopped into a jeweler today and got the same advice about the pendant moving around. Would love to see your photos when you get the chance :).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results