carat
color
clarity

I like their message ... but ...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very NSFW ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/1971711/potty-mouth-princess-little-girls-swearing-feminism-video/

This is an ad from a for-profit T-shirt maker.

Hmm.
I'm not sure how I feel about exploiting social issues to sell T-shirts or using little girls to say this stuff.
I realize we live in an age of zapping commercials.
It is really difficult to reach customers now.
I think they are riding the huge wave generated by that Dove video, "Evolution" (soft ad) about photoshopping.

While I passionately agree with the message, that they are selling something makes it all much less sincere.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting the word out that equality for everyone is great but the use of swear words by children isn't necessary.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this the other day on facebook and as much as the message is great, there is something cringeworthy about children of any gender that age using the F-bomb.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolute YUCK.

Even without the F-bombs, I found the precociousness nauseating.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. This isn't something I can get behind at all. Let's let little kids be little kids and teach them to stand up for their rights without all the props and sensationalist language, am I right?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is this not exploiting these girls?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Monnie's comments above.

While I wholeheartedly agree with the message. The video really bothered me. Hearing little girls talk about rape made me incredibly sad.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it very offensive.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't even get through the whole video (maybe because I have a daughter about that age?) :shock: That video is gross. Exploiting little girls (which is kind of ironic) is not the way to get your message across. Extreme tactics only make you/your group/your message look cray-cray…..

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Interesting, yes, but my opinion remains the same. IMO, it harms the cause, which is the same way that I feel about PETA (and some of their extreme tactics).

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1414111875|3771875 said:

I couldn't watch right though, stalled at 47 secs.

So are we all moving onto the C-word for shock value now?
:-o

The left can be so self-righteous.
Fancy using little girls like that./Yes but it sure was eye-catching.

Am I wrong? I care a little less about so-called 'pay equality' (pay equality has been a statuatory right in this country for yonks so the problem goes deeper than straight exploitation; the stats so often quoted are non-holistic in my view)
...and more about domestic violence.

So refreshing to see that is gaining more and more airtime...as a society we really seem to be moving forward on this.
And as intrinsic value of women AS PEOPLE rises, so too will any inequality or lack of opportunity.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/since-reeva-steenkamps-death-243-women-have-been-killed-by-male-violence-in-the-uk-alone-9810076.html

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/now-oscar-pistorius-is-in-jail-its-time-to-protect-our-women-or-more-will-be-murdered-30691218.html

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1414178877|3772176 said:
^Interesting, yes, but my opinion remains the same. IMO, it harms the cause, which is the same way that I feel about PETA (and some of their extreme tactics).

Doing extreme things gets noticed and reported, which helps generate conversation which is the only way things will improve.

Obviously too extreme is bad (9-11) but it is the same principle.
People don't pay attention till you can get their attention.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Simply having a dialogue does not ensure change. In this particular instance, the cause has lost all credibility (for me anyways). Extreme measures may get noticed, but in this case, getting noticed in a negative way is not necessarily a good thing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1414264799|3772559 said:
Simply having a dialogue does not ensure change. In this particular instance, the cause has lost all credibility (for me anyways). Extreme measures may get noticed, but in this case, getting noticed in a negative way is not necessarily a good thing.

I certainly respect your perspective.

But shock value does work!
This outrageous offensive video hit the front page of many major news outlets.

Zillions are talking about it.
The message of discrimination against women is getting more attention.
This is good and generating discussion is how change happens.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1414258557|3772529 said:
momhappy|1414178877|3772176 said:

Doing extreme things gets noticed and reported, which helps generate conversation which is the only way things will improve.

Obviously too extreme is bad (9-11) but it is the same principle.
People don't pay attention till you can get their attention.

In the past day i have heard many people discuss this video. Whether you like or hate the video, it's got people talking about the issues.
If you have a daughter and think a sexual assualt could never happen to her, you are burying your head in the sand. Hearing 5 little girls say I wonder which one of us it will happen to, should be an eye opener to a parent.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
In the past day i have heard many people discuss this video. Whether you like or hate the video, it's got people talking about the issues.
If you have a daughter and think a sexual assualt could never happen to her, you are burying your head in the sand. Hearing 5 little girls say I wonder which one of us it will happen to, should be an eye opener to a parent.[/quote]

^^TRUE!! I'm not in any way offended by profanity and I've NEVER understood how a simple word could be more offensive than an act, so that part doesn't bother me. Still, it is just obnoxious… It's got people talking, as was already pointed out, and I think that's good. But this stuff is also why people on the other side start holding signs up about why they don't need feminism (which I think is an awfully silly thing for any woman to say when you understand that by definition, feminism means EQUALITY). Classic case of extreme obnoxiousness on both sides of the spectrum…

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli|1414438978|3773467 said:
... But this stuff is also why people on the other side start holding signs up about why they don't need feminism (which I think is an awfully silly thing for any woman to say when you understand that by definition, feminism means EQUALITY).

I completely agree that getting children to speak this way is bad.
But that being bad has nothing to do with the topic of equality.
Anyone arguing that it does is guilty of defective thinking.

It would be equally reasonable to argue that pink and purple dresses are bad because those cussing little girls wore them. :rolleyes:

People who grasp at straws instead of offering a reasoned argument do not even deserve an answer.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1414111875|3771875 said:

It is exploiting them. Adults most probably produced this and told them what to say. Can we say Lindsay Lohan? Began acting when she was a sweet little girl. Forced into adult situations when she should have been being a kid. Look at all the difficulty she has had. Don't allow your young children to do somebody's dirty work.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1414264799|3772559 said:

You make a good point. I did not watch much of the video. It was just too difficult for me to see and hear those children behaving as they were.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results