carat
color
clarity

Solitaire suggestions

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1414093314|3771699 said:
ame|1414079113|3771554 said:
Boy do I love GOG. Love is not a strong enough word.

I just got word from the lovely Marie at GOG that it's 100% my diamond and there is NO damage whatsoever. They found the faintest hint of an inscription under their microscope. They are going to reinscribe it for me. They did a SARIN and it matches perfectly. All inclusions match. It is florescent as expected. I will have it back in my hands Wednesday. :clap: :clap: :clap: Air is returning to my body.

I am so happy, ame. Jonathan has always been great for me, too.

Deb
SUCH a relief. They rule. :dance:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1414070593|3771501 said:
Yes I do trust GOG inherently, otherwise they wouldn't be who I called immediately about my stone. They are more expensive for most settings though. So I have to weigh that.

<SNIP>

You say that as if it were a bad thing. To charge more, but do the job right.

I received this ring yesterday. My client bought the ring from someone and had a stone put in it that is the same size as the diamond that was originally removed. LOOK AT THE RESULTS!

I do not think it ever occurred to her that it could be messed up so badly if she did not send it to Vatche, but you can see for yourself that spending more initially would have saved her money. I just sent it off to Vatche to see if it can be salvaged, but clearly, saving money is NOT NORMALLY the best answer. I have more examples in my files, but this one is still fresh in my mind, so I will use it.

In this first picture the prong on the left is not even touching the stone. The shank is tilted at more than a little degrees.

left-prong-not-touching.jpg

In this picture the prongs are bent.

bent-prongs.jpg

And in this last picture, you can see the bending of the prongs from another angle.

prongs-visibly-bent.jpg

I suspect that if she is lucky Vatche can replace the head and do some repair work on the shank, but that "doughnut" will never be whole without just rebuilding the ring.

I am using these photos with my client's permission, as she wants NO ONE to ever go through a disaster like this if it can be avoided. I will having Vatche do what can be done, and yes, it will cost more than her local jeweler, but it will be done right!

Wink

P.S. These defects are eye visible and the ring looks worse in person than in the photos, which is actually pretty unusual.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god! See that's crazy. That is one thing I wouldn't have been ok with though--letting someone outside of Vatche swap the stone out on the ring. That would have gone to Vatche on principle.

Yes I do think it IS worth paying more for a job well done. In fact, I did just pay a pretty penny for a Vatche ring that only Vatche worked on, and found myself paying more for what SHOULD'VE been a job well done. But I didn't find that to be a job well done.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame, paying more is worth it sometimes. Especially if you have a relationship with the jeweler and know they understand your needs and will take care of you. That's why I work with BGD, and with Wink if I have projects. I would work with other vendors, chief among them ERD/BE, GOG and JA as well. And it is because I have a relationship with them as well, built up over the years of posting here. i know that if I ordered from them they would take care with my order. :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, while I do think you get what you pay for, I don't feel I did in my situation with this ring. But that's done now. Wink I hope that's fixable but that's gotta be a remake if that looks better in pics!

I'll be sticking with a ps vendor who knows my quirks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am happy your stone checked out. :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ME TOO, thank you! I got that back in my hands Wed and hugged it and loved it and pet on it lovingly.

I heard from Chubb at 7:30 on Friday that my claim paperwork has been approved and processed. I should be receiving my check sometime this week and having this settled will be a nice load off my mind. I am a little anxious though about being dropped at renewal time, since this would be my second claim in the 11 years I've had them, and almost exactly 5 years from my last one.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad everything worked out with your stone Ame! I hope you find a setting you love. The A Jaffe is really nice.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1415061067|3777090 said:
I am so glad everything worked out with your stone Ame! I hope you find a setting you love. The A Jaffe is really nice.
Since I could not get an answer from A Jaffe direct, nor would any vendor I contacted give me an answer to the question I asked about customization (ie how high the stone could be set) and no one knew how wide the shank was....I have abandoned it and I am looking at other options. I am hoping to get this show on the road so I can beat the holiday proposals. I decided I do not want a loose stone just sitting and staring longingly at me for the next 5 months.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results