shape
carat
color
clarity

It is easy being green – Pistachio Embrace ring from PP

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The rose and yellow gold Embrace ring from the Pearl Paradise Connoisseur Sale arrived, and I am in awe! :love: Rather than photo bomb the C sale thread, I figured I would start a new one.

This is my first pearl ring, and I love everything about it. The pearl is a glowing green orb with a clear, smooth surface. It is so reflective that it is hard to take a picture that shows what the pearl looks like because it reflects the camera and other items in the room. (It reminds me a bit of the colored reflecting balls made for gardens.) As I tilt the ring, I see gold and rose tones, but I’m not sure if that is part of the pearl’s coloration or just a reflection of the rose and yellow gold setting.

I really like the Embrace setting and expect it will be very popular, especially since PP is now offering it in rose/yellow, rose/white, or white/yellow gold combinations. The setting lets so much of the pearl be visible, but has just enough design substance of its own with the delicate gold tendrils wrapping around the two sides. I can see using this setting again with a different colored pearl and different combination of gold colors. I just keep moving my hand to look at the ring at different angles.

Enough talk, on with the photos:

PP glamour shots:

Hand shots:

green_embrace_2.jpg

green_embrace_3.jpg

img_9735.jpg

img_5852.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kay - You're killing me! That ring is outstanding and I know what you mean about the pearl looking like a garden globe - my emerald green one does too! What a treasure!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
More hand shots:

The pistachio ring meets the pistachio strand:

img_5855.jpg

img_9702.jpg

img_9729.jpg

img_5856.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
This ring could be a driving hazard. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures this morning in the school parking lot after dropping off DD1.

img_9720.jpg

img_9721.jpg

img_5857.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I can’t resist including a mother-daughter pearl ring photo. My avatar picture is DD1 and I holding hands when she was 7 weeks old (with my wedding set). Yesterday was DD1’s 6th birthday, and I took us for mommy-daughter mani-pedis (her first pro job). She had a blast sitting in the spa chair getting worked on like a big girl. She went a little crazy with the nail art: spider webs on her thumbs for Halloween and hearts on the rest of her fingernails. (She also got a spider on each big toe.)

img_9701.jpg

img_9683.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner of a ring!!!! and what a sweet photo of you and your daughter!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about this thread! The ring, the way the setting really "embraces" the pearl, and your mother/daughter mani/pedi experience with hand shots! Enjoy and happy birthday to your sweet girl.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color of this pearl ring, and the pistachio strand as well! You look lovely in this color...and I am very jealous as this green is really turning me green (with envy). Also love the mani on the tiny hands...my first born just turned 21, and she and her younger sister and I still love our mother/daughters mani/pedi trips! And they still love nail art!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love the photos of 2 manicures and pearl lovers!! You gave your DD a very special treat!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is breathtaking. I love the pistachio strand, too.

Pistachio T's are now on my dream list. =)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1414013893|3771209 said:
I love the color of this pearl ring, and the pistachio strand as well! You look lovely in this color...and I am very jealous as this green is really turning me green (with envy). Also love the mani on the tiny hands...my first born just turned 21, and she and her younger sister and I still love our mother/daughters mani/pedi trips! And they still love nail art!

I second that Pirard, my daughter is turning 24 this coming week, we love our mother/daughter nail trip too…Kay, your little one is darling with her ring. Your ring, the color of that pearl is so yummy, and so perfect with your new pistachio strand. I don't think I am a pearl ring girl, but this one makes me totally reconsider.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring -- in my opinion it looks much better in your photos than in the glamour photos. The strand is beautiful, too... but that ring!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kay I love that ring..such a pretty setting and the pearl is stunning !

What a great story and I love the photos of the nail art !! She must have had a great time ! Mani pedi = the best ! :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
How how wonderful is this ??? An adorable little birthday girl, stunningly beautiful green pearls, a perfect ring design ... Congratulations roomie :)))

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
While your new embrace is lovely, the bond between you and your girl is even more magnificent :appl: Love the holding hands photos :appl:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Love that pistachio ring pearl! The mother-daughter thing is adorable too!

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
love the ring Kay it looks amazing. I think the lighter Tahitian shades are just stunning and so wearable. Must go practice scary nails..

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words. I am rather entranced with this new ring, but my real treasures are my girls. Holding those small hands when we walk down the street or cuddle up at night is still amazing. It can get a bit overwhelming at times with how much of my attention they demand, but I know that all too soon DH and I will no longer be the most important people in their lives. I try to do special "big girl" outings with DD1 because she is a bit jealous of how much DD2 clings to me at home.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring Kay. I hope you enjoy this beauty daily. It's a hand grabber.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, my girls are 4 years apart...with my son in-between. Now at 21 and 17 they are absolutely the very best of friends...even though one is still in high school, and the other overseas in college. My oldest was a real stinker when we brought the little one home...she tried to call the doctor to have him come pick her up, because the "play date" was over! Enjoy them while they are little, because the time passes too quickly...however, I can honestly say that I enjoy my children now more than ever...I loved them then, but to see them grow into wonderful young people is just the very best part of parenting (* very best so far!)

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Kay, Your pistachio ring and necklace are gorgeous! I love the picture of you and your daughter. I hope you enjoy wearing your new pieces.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! The green pearl is just amazing.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe how beautiful the pearl is in that ring. The color is so strong and the luster is amazing. It goes so well your pistachio strand.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring and pistachio Tahitians are gorgeous, Kay. And they're particularly lovely with your skin tone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results