shape
carat
color
clarity

What bag are you carrying

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Catmom|1414001766|3771082 said:
Right now I'm carrying this Coach for Fall...

Beautiful purse, that color is perfection!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been carrying my necessities around in a little leather pouch of entirely unknown origin. (I think it arrived when my DH moved in 9 years ago?). I need to get a new lightweight crossbody bag because all my other bags feel too heavy and/or awkward right now. And I'm obsessed with getting a 90's era vintage Prada Velo Flat. They're selling them again new at Bergdorfs & some other places but $550 is steep! For more than a decade in the 90's I had a slightly larger unbranded version picked up at an Off 5th or something. But it's a faded, stained, dirty horrific mess I probably threw out at some point - despite it being the most practical, light, amazing bag ever - especially for travel!

I passed on a $79 griege Minkoff crossbody at TJMaxx this weekend. TOO flat. Not enough room for my giant sunglasses & keys HA!

Here's what I WANT (in black): http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...9531&catargetid=500002830005596487&cadevice=c

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What bag am I carrying?
My third wife ... and boy, my back is killing me. :(

:sun:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
550 for NYLON??

Ouch.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you check tradesy and ebay, etc?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Kate Spade Wellesley in hot pink. My Christmas gift to myself last year. The white stitching near the bottom of the handles has come undone on 3 of them, but I still love it.

katespadepurse.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1414019112|3771272 said:
I was watching one the other day that sold for best offer (around $195?). No tags etc so who knows if it was legit. Seller had other nice, non-knockoffable stuff so probably was real. Some on ebay now but in the $300+ range. Some retailers have sold out of the black. I think they're coming back. Saw a Teen Vogue editor talking about them the other day.

Your pick is lovely! Leather's just too hard on my back right now. Ow.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rebecca Minkoff in Navy, MAB Mini. I love the smooshy leather.

Catmom, super cute bag and I love the color!

1379718_10201657201145632_599536840_n.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been carrying Marc Jacobs preowned bags. From purseblog members. They keep them pristine. But then they sell them off and it's a huge discount :$$): especially for the ones that are several years old. Win/win.

I don't need new. Like new with a $900 discount is great for me.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1414023054|3771310 said:
Gypsy|1414019112|3771272 said:
I was watching one the other day that sold for best offer (around $195?). No tags etc so who knows if it was legit. Seller had other nice, non-knockoffable stuff so probably was real. Some on ebay now but in the $300+ range. Some retailers have sold out of the black. I think they're coming back. Saw a Teen Vogue editor talking about them the other day.

Your pick is lovely! Leather's just too hard on my back right now. Ow.

I'm sorry about your back. That bag is SUPER light though. Truly. One of my friends has one.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1414023928|3771319 said:
Rebecca Minkoff in Navy, MAB Mini. I love the smooshy leather.

Catmom, super cute bag and I love the color!

I've been carrying the same bag in a dusty blue color. Love the feel of the leather! I like the MAB mini better than the regular size. It still holds a lot and isn't as bulky or heavy.

Every since I got this bag I stopped using the regular size MAB. I should probably sell it, but I love the color I have it in. It's this beautiful Orchid purple color, great for the fall.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I need a hot pink bag! Those Kate Spade bags are gorgeous!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few go-to bags:

1. Mulberry Bayswater (two tone, dark chocolate brown body with tan brown handles) - for work meetings when I need to carry documents. I use it rarely because it's very solid and quite heavy.
2. Mulberry Alexa small in tan brown - for casual use, though I rarely use it these days because I'm lazy to swap bags
3. Kate spade metallic gold quilted Gold Coast Dolly bag - for parties and events when I'm traveling light

...but for daily use I rely on the lightweight, cheap, trusty, clichéd medium-sized Le Pliage. I used to swear I would never buy one because EVERYONE has one around here. But it turns out that's for a good reason. They're cheap, you can easily replace them, and most importantly, they are super light and thus great for aching shoulders and back when you're out running errands or shopping. In a pinch, I even use them when grocery shopping. I would never put a carton of eggs in my Mulberry bag!

Other rarely used bags include dark brown Gerard Darel 24 hours bag I bought on a whim in Paris eons ago (I can never find anything when I use this bag) and a matte burgundy leather Cartier shoulder bag for documents that I bought with my first paycheck when I didn't know any better (I find it a bit ugly now but have hung on to it out of laziness I suppose).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1414015890|3771231 said:
I've been carrying my necessities around in a little leather pouch of entirely unknown origin. (I think it arrived when my DH moved in 9 years ago?). I need to get a new lightweight crossbody bag because all my other bags feel too heavy and/or awkward right now. And I'm obsessed with getting a 90's era vintage Prada Velo Flat. They're selling them again new at Bergdorfs & some other places but $550 is steep! For more than a decade in the 90's I had a slightly larger unbranded version picked up at an Off 5th or something. But it's a faded, stained, dirty horrific mess I probably threw out at some point - despite it being the most practical, light, amazing bag ever - especially for travel!

I passed on a $79 griege Minkoff crossbody at TJMaxx this weekend. TOO flat. Not enough room for my giant sunglasses & keys HA!

Here's what I WANT (in black): http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...9531&catargetid=500002830005596487&cadevice=c

Or: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/longchamp-le-pliage-neo-nylon-crossbody-bag/3736711?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=longchamp_%27le_pliage_neo%27_nylon_crossbody_bag:428367&cm_pla=bags:women:handbag&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr:referralID=e6c7169a-5a7b-11e4-8d82-001b2166becc&origin=pla

I'm sure you can find it in black. And they have a lot of different styles.

Deco mochiko's post reminded me of Long Champs. This would work for lightweight: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Longchamp-Le-Pliage-Neo-Crossbody-Bag-Black/prod169680052/p.prod?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-411235762-2&ecid=NMCIGoogleProductAds

And it's half the price of the prada bag. And they are really durable.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1414016019|3771233 said:
What bag am I carrying?
My third wife ... and boy, my back is killing me. :(

:sun:
ROTFL that is hilarious Kenny!

I have 'kind of' in the market for a new handbag, you wake up one morning and ol' faithful just doesn't cut it any more.
But the effort of changing up!
(kind of like third wives, I guess!!)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else carry a clutch when going out in the evenings? I do because I feel sort of strange wearing a shoulder bag when I go out. I have about 7 clutches that I rotate based on my outfit - they are either Chanel or Alexander McQueen.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1414066012|3771483 said:
Does anyone else carry a clutch when going out in the evenings? I do because I feel sort of strange wearing a shoulder bag when I go out. I have about 7 clutches that I rotate based on my outfit - they are either Chanel or Alexander McQueen.
Not I. I am a handsfree kinda girl. I wear a smaller crossbody.

I say this like I "go out in the evenings."

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been using a Michael Kors Selma bag. I love how the inside is set up. So easy to keep this bag organized. I also can't get over how well the suffiano leather wears. I have a few higher end Marc Jacob bags that are beautiful but I never use them, which is crazy. Does anyone else buy higher end bags and then never use them or are Deb and I the only ones to do this?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^No for the most part, I use all my high-end designer bags. When my kids were younger, my Chanel bags often doubled as diaper bags (holding things like toys, Cheerios, diapers, etc.) :lol:
The only bag that I don't carry much is a Prada that I added to my collection a couple of years ago. It is the Prada lace print bag and it is made out of a coated deerskin (that is SUPER-delicate), so I don't carry it often and when I do, I am very careful with it.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1414021267|3771292 said:
Kate Spade Wellesley in hot pink. My Christmas gift to myself last year. The white stitching near the bottom of the handles has come undone on 3 of them, but I still love it.

katespadepurse.jpg

I'm carrying the Wellesley in black! I use it as a work bag since it will fit my laptop.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1414070708|3771502 said:

Hahaha, that made me laugh ame because this is us too. LOL. I cannot remember the last time we actually went out in the evening and weren't home by 8PM LOL. We're wild and crazy. :lol:

momhappy, I have many of my grandmother's clutches from the early 1900's and I used to take them out all the time when we went out in the evening. Now however I prefer small cross body bags like ame so I can remain handsfree. And much of the time these days I don't even take any bag. My dh holds my lipgloss and I leave my phone at home. Don't need to be connected 24/7 if you kwim. :shhh:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1414072519|3771508 said:
I've been using a Michael Kors Selma bag. I love how the inside is set up. So easy to keep this bag organized. I also can't get over how well the suffiano leather wears. I have a few higher end Marc Jacob bags that are beautiful but I never use them, which is crazy. Does anyone else buy higher end bags and then never use them or are Deb and I the only ones to do this?

Callie, I just googled this bag and it's so pretty. I can see why you are a fan.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1414021267|3771292 said:

I don't go crazy over purses (to put it mildly), but this is stunning! You have wonderful taste. I hope you really enjoy this!!!!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1414006334|3771130 said:
I like to rotate between my 2 Hermes Birkin's (one in Graphite, one in Etoupe) and my Chanel petit black shopper. I also have 2 easy going bags made of very soft leather (one Italian and one Dutch) for more casual days. For evenings I have the Chanel flap bag.

Acinom, I don't which I like more, your bag or your ring!

Jewelery isn't the only thing you have excellent taste in!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
missy|1414077921|3771544 said:
ame|1414070708|3771502 said:

Hahaha, that made me laugh ame because this is us too. LOL. I cannot remember the last time we actually went out in the evening and weren't home by 8PM LOL. We're wild and crazy. :lol:

momhappy, I have many of my grandmother's clutches from the early 1900's and I used to take them out all the time when we went out in the evening. Now however I prefer small cross body bags like ame so I can remain handsfree. And much of the time these days I don't even take any bag. My dh holds my lipgloss and I leave my phone at home. Don't need to be connected 24/7 if you kwim. :shhh:

I know what you mean:) My DH and I try to have date-night one weekend night per week and that means that I have to stay connected to the sitter, so I wouldn't leave home without my cell phone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I culled my collection--and have kept but a few bags. One is a clutch my husband bought from Gucci and while it isn't practical, I've kept it for sentimental reasons. Same with a long retired Epi leather LV in red, the St. Jaques--wear it in the summer.

Daily wear is either this black Gucci bag or sometimes I just carry the matching wallet:

http://www.gucci.com/ca-en/styles/295402AA61Y1000#

Or this LV in aubergine Vernis. I do use the long strap.

http://ca.louisvuitton.com/eng-ca/products/brea-gm-lg-monogram-vernis-000479

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything michael Kors because he puts gold hardware on his bags. I have two east west totes, two wallets (one with a chain to use for a crossbody) , a black crossbody , and my latest acquisition:

_23527.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another for MK. This was a gift and I don't know the name of it, but I love how huge it is. I basically need a backpack to keep all my stuff haha.

_23534.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results