shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help to estimate an emerald ring

Vasilisa

Rough_Rock
Good evening everyone.
I am thinking about purchasing an estate emerald ring for $2000. The ring has the following specifications. Emerald: 14.8mm x 13.5mm x 10.8mm, approximately 13-13.5 ct. Diamonds: 2 ct, VS2-SI1, G-H. Platinum 950, 14 grams, ring top is 22mm x 20mm. I am not good with emeralds. Would someone pls give me his or her opinion about the ring? Is the price right or not? Is it worth $2000? Thank you. I'll appreciate every opinion.

_23512.jpg

emerald_24.jpg

emerald_25.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The price reflects the quality of the large but poor emerald - if you like it.

With 2000 $ you could buy a ring with a beautiful stone. But only my opinion and your decision.

I am honest course you want to purchase it...

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the emerald ring come with an appraisal from a respectable lab, that discloses treatment, origin, etc? I would think the metal and the diamonds in the setting would be worth at least half of the selling price, which suggests that the center stone is low quality and heavily treated if its value is so low... (just my opinion, I'm not an expert but something definitely seems a bit off here).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$2K is a fair price for that large platinum and diamond mount, but yes, the emerald is highly included (even for an emerald) and likely to be highly treated and is just not that great in quality.

Honesty, I would rather spend the money on something else unless you absolutely adored that setting and/or had a different stone that would fit it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the shank cracked? There is a black line visible in both photos.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is most definitely worth $2000 if the specs. are accurate. That Emerald doesn't look too bad either, not great but not awful. I'd be very tempted to pop it out and have it cut into a sugarloaf cabochon.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a fair price; both the setting and emerald quality aren't great so only get it if you absolutely love it. I would presume the emerald to be very highly treated and may not survive cabbing.

Vasilisa

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for all your advice. It helped me to make a decision. I would rather add more money and purchase a better quality emerald ring. I appreciate every reply.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vasilisa|1414100086|3771786 said:
Thank you very much for all your advice. It helped me to make a decision. I would rather add more money and purchase a better quality emerald ring. I appreciate every reply.

FWIW, I absolutely love the ring in your avatar? What is that, an emerald?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
lambskin|1414081677|3771569 said:
Is the shank cracked? There is a black line visible in both photos.
That's a bad sizing job.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results