shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1413829691|3769874 said:
ckrickett -- your Tahitians look great with that print!

The pearls on my rope are AAA 6.5 - 7mm and the story behind the entire rope, which is 144" broken into three sections, can be read here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-version-of-a-long-rope-being-made.189331/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-version-of-a-long-rope-being-made.189331/[/URL]

Thanks bsomlo, I really enjoyed reading that thread. What a wonderful rope. 144"!!!! Now that you've had it for a while, do you wear the total 144" often? I love the look, but I am petite (5 ft 4), so it might be too much for me.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tucs -- I am 5'2" -- so quite short.

I would love to wear all 144", but they are too heavy for me to wear all at once. I have this weird issue where if there is too much weight around the back sides of my neck, I get a "chokey" feeling. It has nothing at all to do with tightness around the throat, it's some physiological thing where weight on the back sides of my neck makes my throat feel constricted in the front.

Anyway, I'm really glad I had the rope made in three sections so I have versatility.

The shortest section was a "fail" regarding doubling as a bracelet because it is too short to triple on my wrist (my fault, I misjudged the length I'd need).

I mostly wear the 75" section and usually knotted one way or another, or tripled.

It's a great piece that has a million ways to style and goes with absolutely everything.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you bsomlo, when I am ready for a rope a la Coco Chanel I will keep yours in mind. Beautiful, I love those white pearls with silver overtones; the 6.5-7.0mm size works very well.

That's too bad that it bothers you in the longest form, but I can see how the versatility of a 144" might be worth it.

As for the 20" section, perhaps you can have one or two additional pearls added, to be able to use it as a bracelet. That way you would enjoy seeing it all the time.

renwea

Shiny_Rock
They came!!!! And they are so gorgeous. Here they are...10mm white metallic earrings. Perfect size for my ears.

_23444.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful! Enjoy your new earrings and wear them in health. They look perfect on you!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
I snagged a loose pearl in the last PP sale and I had it set in the dew drop setting with a little diamond. I'll post a picture of PP's glamor shot and one around the neck. It measures a bit over 10mm.

_23453.jpg

_23454.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely...I especially like the drop. Very pretty color!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, Renwea. That pearl just glows. Lovely pics, everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
I remember that pearl as being very different in colouring to most of the others in the sale, the real life photo outshines the studio pic by far Renwea, a beautiful pendant choice.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Confection, your white ripples look great twisted like that.

Bsomlo, I would love to see pictures of the soufflé with citrines tin cup necklace on you – that little peek of the top of the strand was too much of a tease. Your soufflé set is gorgeous – I especially like the earrings with the eternal setting. You have me really wanting a mini tosade – it looks so elegant on your neck.

Tucs, I like the mix of smaller metallic and larger ripple pearls – classic white pearls, but with a twist.

Renwea, the soufflé pendant on pink sapphire chain is gorgeous. Your new 10mm white metallic earrings look perfect on you. Your pendant tuned out beautifully – I like your IRL pic better than the one from the PP website.

Ckrickett, I love your Tahitians as a triple (and with that lovely print blouse). Just a few more days – how exciting! :dance:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Renwea, your earrings are beautiful! I love the pendant too. I have to admit that the pearl looked a bit brown in the glamour shot...but on you it just has this gorgeous golden glow. Just beautiful!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I received a package of loot on Friday, so I have been wearing new pieces:

Monday: Sea of Cortez 3-pearl pendant. The pearls were purchased from Douglas over the hood of Jeremy's Tesla at the Ruckus. Hisano and John at PP created the setting.

More photos of this pendant are here:
Code:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-designing-sea-of-cortez-3-pearl-pendant-please.205064/page-2

Today: Pistachio strand from the Connoisseur sale:

More photos of this strand are here:
Code:
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/pearls-new/connoisseur-sale-t205718-540.html

img_5844.jpg

img_5845.jpg

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Lovely loot Kay, the Cortez trio looks very special you must be very happy with the result. Maybe a close up or ten when you get a chance.....

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Kay|1413926946|3770584 said:
Gemzy|1413926686|3770582 said:
Lovely loot Kay, the Cortez trio looks very special you must be very happy with the result. Maybe a close up or ten when you get a chance.....

Thanks, Gemzy. I posted some close-ups on the dedicated thread: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/pe...cortez-3-pearl-pendant-please-t205064-30.html

so you have! I looked earlier today whilst catching up on posts to see if you had received it yet. That bottom pearl looks like a very expensive satin dress (RIP Oscar De La Renta) gorgeous hue.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay -- absolutely gorgeous pieces!!! Wear them in health! I'll head over to your thread as soon as I'm done posting here.

I will start a thread on the souffle/citrine necklace at some point. It's so sparkly!

Today -- double souffle necklace. I usually twist it but liked it untwisted today:

neck_13.jpg

close-up_17.jpg

glamour_shot_double_souffe.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Kay that SoC triple pendant is absolutely mesmerizing

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Your pendant turned out lovely! I really like the setting!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
renwea|1413834534|3769923 said:
They came!!!! And they are so gorgeous. Here they are...10mm white metallic earrings. Perfect size for my ears.

They look gorgeous Renwea, that size is perfect!! More photos please. :love: :love: :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
renwea|1413846964|3770072 said:
I snagged a loose pearl in the last PP sale and I had it set in the dew drop setting with a little diamond. I'll post a picture of PP's glamor shot and one around the neck. It measures a bit over 10mm.

OMG, you are the one that won this pearl, I'm so jelly!!!!!!! :Up_to_something: It's so gold, I LOVE IT! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I need to see more shots of this creature. :wall:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
They came they came they came!!!

7mm metallic freshwater studs from PP.
They are the PERFECT size for my second hole. My first holes are stretched and I am waiting for them to shrink to wear studs, so it's just lever backs for now, so I will be wearing my white ripple lever backs Saturday in my first hole, and these little beauties up top!

fullsizerender_1_4.jpg

fullsizerender_9.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Sweet for a sweet, syrup-making bride!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Coincidentally, I am wearing my white metallics today, too. PP graduated triple white metallic strand with PP drop metallic earrings -- WG findings/clasp:

neck_shot_over_turtleneck.jpg

close-up_over_turtleneck.jpg

ear_shot_with_turtleneck.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for sharing!

Bailey1856 - I will take pix of my Edison studs for you!

Confection10 - Those twisted ripples really suit you! Wow! What fun you have with your pearls! And I will take pix of the tin cup outside, probably this weekend.

Frost Me - Love the story of your first pearl ring and you picked a great one! That color is so unique!

Tucs - Keep mixing and matching pearls together!

bsomlo - What can I say? Your soufles are tdf, the mini torsade is so feminine and your rope doubled and knotted - what a statement!

renwea - I really like that pink sapphire chain with pearls! And you did a great job on the metallic earrings and Tahitian and diamond pendant! So much better irl!

ckrickett - Only a few days of freedom left (lol)! When I saw your triple T's with that great shirt/blouse I told myself I really need to lighten up (in attidtude and fun) with my wardrobe because that looked great together! And I think your new 2nd hole studs are just perfect!

Kay - How happy you must be to have these two new treasures home! The SOC pendant is just spectacular and the pistachio T's glow! Great job!

I've worn pearls a few times lately but didn't take pix because I sometimes feel it's always the same pearls with the same outfits, how boring!!! But now that it's fall I am really going to try and get more creative, especially with the longer and larger strands. I need more color in my wardrobe!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1414003155|3771097 said:
They came they came they came!!!

7mm metallic freshwater studs from PP.
They are the PERFECT size for my second hole. My first holes are stretched and I am waiting for them to shrink to wear studs, so it's just lever backs for now, so I will be wearing my white ripple lever backs Saturday in my first hole, and these little beauties up top!

fullsizerender_1_4.jpg

fullsizerender_9.jpg

So glad you received your fabulous metallic pearls, I love that size. You will go to these a lot. Let's see them together!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1414004235|3771112 said:
Coincidentally, I am wearing my white metallics today, too. PP graduated triple white metallic strand with PP drop metallic earrings -- WG findings/clasp:

I love that triple, its gorgeous! and hooray for metallics. I am hoping to have a fun metallic project soon!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
So when I got my metallic studs, I figured I pic up a little something else. I really liked their petal collection pendants, and so I snagged one in Sterling! I got the little beauty with my studs, and I love the character it has, the circles add a little touch of whimsy to the pendant, and the colors are really pretty! For an inexpensive pendant I am pleased!

Petal Collection Tahitian Baroque Pearl Pendant
13.0-14.0 mm

fullsizerender-13.jpg

I am pretty bad at taking pics when I am wearing them, but this one shows a beautiful greenish body color

fullsizerender-12.jpg
close up, has hints of blue that I LOVE!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Bsomlo, ckrickett, Litgeek and Pkinnew. :wavey: I am having lots of fun with my new pearls.

Bsomlo, it's always a pleasure to see your white metallic triple strand and those lovely large drop earrings.

Ckrickett, your new studs are lovely -- just 2 more days! I really like your new pendant -- the shape and colors of the pearl are great and that is a cool setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results