shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewellery of the Future

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the latest from the Rap Newsletter, the wonderful world of futuristic jewellery (created in Japan of course) would you own one? Maybe a whole new way for shy guys to propose?

Here is the blurb
;

Core Jewels unveiled a new collection of diamond jewelry in Japan that is branded "One" -- Time of Love. The collection features rings and matching pendants, all of which incorporate near field communication (NFC) technology that can unlock private digital content on computers and Android phones.

The jeweler created the collection to stay ahead of a demanding consumer marketplace where "things" not only provide value but offer ways to interact with others. Core Jewels created a video to promote the jewels, simply showing that by touching the ring or pendant on a device, short-range wireless technology opens a private space where digital content may reside and be shared.

With advanced NFC technology, an entrusted piece of jewelry now evokes the richness and emotional connection that will become the future of high-end jewelry, according to the company. The emotional connection behind "One" jewelry evokes an album of life where the wearer interacts and connects precious memories with loved ones. corejewels_0.jpg

They don't mention prices and I'm not sure I will be rushing to purchase a ring any time soon.... Having said that I could see how the pendants would be a lovely way to remember family members, even more personal than a locket....

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
devisifying jewelery is not something I like.
I feel it takes away from the feeling of age and the connection I get from jewelery.
It is a lot like the the feeling from home made food vs. store made.
The store made might in some cases taste as good or even better but they are missing something.
They are missing feeling.

It is also in some ways replacing the bond one might feel for a piece of jewelery with something manufactured and fake.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Karl, I wonder if these sorts of things will take off with a younger (have to be connected) generation of Japanese and Asian people.

I actually didn't like the pieces at all when I first saw them, and then I started thinking about the concept of lockets keeping old frayed pictures of people and how companies are doing fascinating things both the genuine and non genuine ones claiming to make diamonds out of dead relatives ashes etc and thought it's interesting way to connect with say a deceased family member, you put the piece against an Ipad or whatever and you get a video recording of that loved one, photographs, or something similar.

I agree it will never replace traditional jewellery but it still makes me stop and think about the possible applications of it.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a whole new way for shy guys to propose?
My goodness. If a guy cannot use words to propose to the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with, he has bigger problems than what jewelery to wear!

Other than that, I think they're cool. I also like how they look. I'm not much of a techie, so probably wouldn't use it for that (yet). Technology sometimes blows my mind though, so overall I think it's pretty neat.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
... I like them more than the tattoo/implants I saw the other day being advertised as electronic keys?

I guess what puzzles me here is how it's more convenient to use these in place of jewelry instead of carrying keys, or a key drive, or my phone. It feels like the companies working towards wearables are consistently trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. When they get to the point that my wizard rings can affect things I cannot do with something small enough to carry in my pocket, SO THERE. Until then, I think I want to save my digits for bling and keep the rest of my stuff in my purse .... :think:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yikes, no. Let's keep messages, photos and videos where they belong, on phones, computers. Jewelry should remain what it is. This is like committing rape on jewelry to me, imagine it in antique, vintage jewelry or a beautifully designed piece. I doubt it will ever catch on but it may get some young followers especially nerdy young guys.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results