shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Sapphire E-Ring is here!

vadenstar

Rough_Rock
So after 7 months I finally am engaged and have my new ring!

My stone:
2.13 Ct 6.5 x 9 unheated blue sapphire. It is not a perfect stone by any means (gasp, yes I know it has a window, but its only really noticeable, when its not on my finger and in direct sunlight) but I was really drawn to the color. I have hopes of eventually upgrading.

Setting:
11 grams of platinum which was from some old family rings. 1.11 ctw diamonds (72) to be exact, some of which were family diamonds as well.

Setting was custom made by a guy where I live, who had tons of experience with custom rings. I really liked him because he understood me wanting a sapphire and didn't try to change my mind (like some other unfortunate places), and he designed and made his wife's sapphire engagement ring. I was involved in the design process and saw the platinum cast. After that I was no longer in the process. I am happy with the way it turned out, BUT there are a few things I would have changed if I truly knew what it would look like ( I don't feel like the CAD was helpful really) I am trying to be a good person by doing my best to just be happy and not let those things bother me. (its difficult) My biggest complaint is that I didn't know the diamond halo would be with such large diamonds. I feel maybe a size smaller would have been better. Is it really as bad as I think? What do you think Some pictures it looks amazing, some I think its overwhelming.

Please let me know how I did for a first time cs buyer and first time designing a ring!

img_0182.jpg img_0157_1.jpg img_0156_0.jpg img_0148.jpg img_0145.jpg img_0177.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!... I know your CADs had some baguettes on the profile basket side. Do you have close up of that? Congrats! and who is the jeweler?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning beauty :love:
Your ring came out gorgeous. Would love to see the profile as well.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!! :love: I personally love the larger melee in the halo - check out my profile pic :naughty: I love the bling and extra finger coverage. And imo the diamonds look in proportion to your sapphire. That said, I'm sorry you feel uncertain about it. Hindsight is 20/20 but it's too bad you and the jeweler didn't discuss it beforehand. The ring would have to be remade to go to smaller melee, I would think. If you still feel uncertain after wearing it a bit, maybe you should discuss it with the jeweler to see what your options are. But it is a beautiful ring and looks amazing on your hand!

vadenstar

Rough_Rock
DandT:

Here is a quick pic of the baguettes. I am not a great photographer just a girl with an iphone. img_0193.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS. :love: Love the profile and presence of the ring. :appl:
Wear in health and happiness!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Love the ring, especially the large melee halo. Good Luck to you!

Annette

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it turned out very well! As for the halo diamonds, some prefer smaller diamonds but I think the size of diamonds you used are proportional and look good with that stone's real estate. Very nice details.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning and one that will not be seen everywhere---and you can thank the larger diamonds for that! Congrat's!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
quote="vadenstar|1413915318|3770463"]DandT:

Here is a quick pic of the baguettes. I am not a great photographer just a girl with an iphone. img_0193.jpg [/quote]

Very beautiful profile, I like that extra detail with using a different cut diamonds on it :love:

I like the proportion of your halo as my most favorite halo and gem ring actually had larger melee on the halo part. For some reason, when it is done with colored gemstone in mind - it feels very deliberate and purposeful like the gem is embracing the diamonds. I do like very tiny halo used in conjunction with White/Colorless diamond for other reasons

ETA: this is the halo ring I speak belongs to Nbiller...
[

haloovalsapphire.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't change a thing! That ring is simply gorgeous. :love: Congratulations!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
holy smokes, that's amazing!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I think the halo stones frame your sapphire perfectly & omg I LOVE the bags on the profile :love:

Congratulations!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous ring. Melee size is personal and smaller/larger gives it a different look. Smaller emphasizes the center stone. Larger gives it more overall bling.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's just beautiful!! Stone size in the halo is really a personal thing -- there's no "best" -- but I think your ring is exactly right. It looks wonderful on your hand too, and shows the nice color of the sapphire off so well. I really love the design from both top & sides. Congratulations!

--- Laurie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great, and really well made! Congratulations! I'd keep it just as it is!

Scandalous1

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring and congrats on your engagement!!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Love :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love it. I think the larger melee is more classic look, and I prefer it.

vadenstar

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for all of your positive comments! I really do love they way my ring turned out it just wasn't 100% as I had pictured in my mind. I am also extremely detail oriented with everything, so probably could find something to say about anything.

Jeweler still has some of my platinum leftover that I want to use to make the wedding band, but I am really unsure what it should look like...maybe knife edge with some of the same detail? Has anyone seen a band like that?

Also, regards Can I use the same solution to clean my sapphire and the platinum that I use to clean my 14k diamond ring? Is that the best method to clean it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the metal is also platinum, you can use just about any jewellery cleaner for your sapphire ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results