shape
carat
color
clarity

Etsy Twist band help! Which vendor to use?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, all!

First, I chose show me the bling since this is only about a band. If the consensus is that I'd be better off in Rocky Talk or another sub-forum, I'll be happy to ask to have it moved :)

I'm going to be redoing my wedding set, as I make certain goals I'm working towards. The first step is coming up, so I'm after a cute little twist band. I have three options that I'm considering. I'd love to hear your thoughts. All are 1.5mm, and will be ordered in 18k yellow gold. After that, I'll be resetting my ering into a 6 or 8 prong solitaire, and choosing a new eternity. Right now, I can't decide between a LOGR baguette and round bezel eternity, and a thin pave eternity.

First up, Kyle Anne Metals. I like that the twist is slightly looser, though the price is a bit higher than I'd prefer at $210. Wait time is 2-3 weeks. Here is a link to the exact ring. https://www.etsy.com/listing/77607498/yellow-gold-twist-18k-band?ref=shop_home_active_18

Next up, Tiny Sparkle Studio. Best price and lead time, $135, with a 7-10 day lead time. I think it might be a tighter than would be ideal, but I think it still looks great. Here is the 14k version. https://www.etsy.com/listing/153239310/very-skinny-14k-solid-gold-twisted-rope

Finally, Mary John Fine Jewelry. The price is not bad, $165. It has an approximately 4 week wait time, not that a wait would be a huge factor. The link is for the 14k version. https://www.etsy.com/listing/200085801/solid-14k-gold-rose-or-yellow-or-white

What are your thoughts and preferences? Does anyone have one of the bands from the above vendors? I'm a little stumped, to be honest. I like them all (obviously, or they wouldn't be contenders :) ). The problem is, for all different reasons. To follow, a picture of my current wedding band and ering, and the setting I'm thinking of, when I get to that point.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I must have expensive taste because that first one is my favorite. Between the brushed appearance and the looser twist it is really appealing.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Up first, my ring and wedding band. Center stone is 1.04, h-i, probably i1. Wedding band is a full eternity.

_23472.jpg

_23473.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1413940789|3770721 said:
I must have expensive taste because that first one is my favorite. Between the brushed appearance and the looser twist it is really appealing.

I agree. I think it's the most appealing as well, but I feel like it's a pretty big jump, price wise. For something that is as important to me as my wedding rings, I don't want to skimp and not get what I want, but at 1.5mm wide, I'm not sure how noticeable the differences will be, especially sine it will be paired with at least an ering and eternity.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
My top contender for a new setting...

stuller_setting.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for no.1

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote goes to number one

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
# 2 with your set IMHO

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a rose gold twist from vendor #2 and I love it. I don't care for #1 at all.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #2 the best.

That stuller setting is pretty!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1413986191|3770949 said:
I love that stuller setting you posted. Someone on PS has used it and I thought it turned out beautiful! I think the second
twisted band would go very nicely with it!

EDIT - Page 1 a little over half way down the page. Very pretty!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-17-oec-shes-a-keeper-and-an-antique-finger-warmer.187205/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-17-oec-shes-a-keeper-and-an-antique-finger-warmer.187205/[/URL]
I can't believe that you found not only the same setting, but almost exactly the same size stone in it! You guys are incredible! Thanks for the link.

So it seems pretty split, between the first and second. Sounds like I can nix the third one and just decide between the two. Thanks for the help so far!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer #2 also.

I love the setting that you chose also. That is a setting that I am looking into also, but in platinum.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
another vote for 2

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
I have the #1 in rose gold and I would not recommend it as a replacement wedding band. I absolutely love the band and it's very comfortable, but I can bend it very easily. I think the looser twist (if that makes sense) takes away some of the integrity of the band. Plus, the price used to be much more comparable to the other two so the price jump bothers me! That being said, I like #2 the best.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
sparklyheart|1414026626|3771347 said:
I have the #1 in rose gold and I would not recommend it as a replacement wedding band. I absolutely love the band and it's very comfortable, but I can bend it very easily. I think the looser twist (if that makes sense) takes away some of the integrity of the band. Plus, the price used to be much more comparable to the other two so the price jump bothers me! That being said, I like #2 the best.

Thanks you for the feedback! I appreciate it. It's not going to be a wedding band on its own, it will always be stacked with my eternity and ering. It might be worn as a wedding band, with ering, once in a great while.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results