This one is blurry, but shows how much it sparkles:

Baby approves!

img_5833.jpg

img_5835.jpg

img_5837.jpg

img_5839.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
It's lovely! So glad that you're happy with the new stone. :appl: Seriously, how do you ever do anything but stare at that beautiful ring all day?? (And your baby is quite a cutie too!)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is off the charts beautiful. I love your squishy sweet baby, congratulations. Your red nails and perspective shot is smokin' hot- are you kidding me you just had a baby? and the SIZE of that ring??? 1.35 carats? it looks huge. and sooo sparkly. Good for you- I bet you are thrilled!

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thanks so much. Apacherose, I assure you that the dark clothing and angles of that photo are particularly flattering--the out takes, not so much!

Mommyhood is lots of fun, and I'm very, very happy with the ring--though there may be yet another update about it soon!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the new pics. It indeed looks as if your diamond shows warmth. I actually love it, but it does seem to bother you. Reading your last sentence, I conclude that a new stone might be on its way. In any case: I love :love: your ring.

Your baby is soooooo cute :D

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the new ring! The warmth of the center diamond is a subjective call and personally, I would've done the same thing. Especially for something so expensive, I want it to be a perfect as possible. It looks gorgeous :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Yay for getting it perfect for you!! I think it looks spectacular.

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Yes, another stone is in my possession! I'm too indecisive for my own good. Here's an update on my journey:

When I decided against the warmer stone, Whiteflash didn't have exactly what I was looking for so I put out some feelers with other vendors. When I first saw the OEC/AVR cuts here on Pricescope, I realized I much prefer them to the standard RB, but worried they might not suit my halo setting. I'd never seen an OEC in person, so I visited Lang's in San Francisco and met up with Grace from JBG to look at some. I can't say enough nice things about Grace, she REALLY went out of her way (she was visiting SF for a weekend and brought the diamonds with her to show me!). I saw some really nice diamonds, but they were all quite a bit more than the budget my husband and I had agreed on, so I decided to pass.

Then just as I thought I'd decided on keeping my WF stone, along came news of one (possibly two) AVRs that are in budget! So I impulsively ordered one and am wearing them both right now to compare. I'm leaning toward the AVR. Sorry for the fuzzy phone pic.

img_5889.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, an AVR... I can't tell by the pic, but I have yet to see an ugly AVR. Do you have any clearer pics and can you post the specs? The more experienced PSers will then be able to help you decide :love:

Based on the beautiful AVR's I have seen here, I would choose an AVR over a MRB. But I am completely biased as I adore old cuts and newly made old cuts.

Congrats on 'Jewel of the Week'. Very well deserved: it's a gorgeous setting.
And ah... If my hands were only half as beautiful as yours, I would only stare at my hands all day (which would be great, because who needs jewelry with such beautiful hands :lol: )

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful. Not nearly as beautiful as your baby though. Congratulations on both.

kellydean

Rough_Rock
I,m curious is it okay to keep resetting the diamond in your setting? I would like to reset again but how many times can the prongs take it?

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1414226310|3772399 said:
Wow, an AVR... I can't tell by the pic, but I have yet to see an ugly AVR. Do you have any clearer pics and can you post the specs? The more experienced PSers will then be able to help you decide :love:

Based on the beautiful AVR's I have seen here, I would choose an AVR over a MRB. But I am completely biased as I adore old cuts and newly made old cuts.

Congrats on 'Jewel of the Week'. Very well deserved: it's a gorgeous setting.
And ah... If my hands were only half as beautiful as yours, I would only stare at my hands all day (which would be great, because who needs jewelry with such beautiful hands :lol: )
Oh wow, I hadn't even noticed the 'Jewel of the Week'--how exciting!

This is the AVR I have in hand. It's a 1.348 G VVS2.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/12313/

The only other photo I have for now is another low quality cell phone pic. You are too kind about my hands--a good manicure can do wonders ;-).

kellydean|1414270526|3772591 said:
I,m curious is it okay to keep resetting the diamond in your setting? I would like to reset again but how many times can the prongs take it?
I was told 3-4 times is okay, but any more than that and you can cause damage to the prongs. If I go with the AVR, I will return the setting to Whiteflash and reorder through GoG just to be safe.

img_5890.jpg

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes that photograph is incredible. Both diamonds are flashing rainbows like crazy. I think you go with the rock you love; they will both go with your amazing ring. Check out kathleys maytal hanna halo- one of my all time favorites. Her OEC is much like an AVR and is amazing in her exquisite halo! Your 1.34 G avr is swoooon TDF. But your mrb is also fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I love the sentimentality of upgrading even the same style of the original e-ring. Beautiful!

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Hi tmot14,

I am new to the forum. I bump into your post when I was look for info on Tacori Full Bloom. Your ring looks amazing!!

I'm thinking of getting a Tacori and the Full Bloom and Dantela are the 2 I'm eyeing right now. So I wanted your opinion on a few things.

1. Since there are decent size pave set right next to the center stone, does the center stone still pop out? A while ago I tried this on and thought the center stone doesn't stand out that much, but the one I tried was a small stone.
2. In terms of the size, you've tried 1.5 and 1.35, does 1.5 really look at much bigger or it's not really that noticeable?

Thanks!!
Bunfuns

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
bunfuns|1425508350|3841942 said:
Hi tmot14,

I am new to the forum. I bump into your post when I was look for info on Tacori Full Bloom. Your ring looks amazing!!

I'm thinking of getting a Tacori and the Full Bloom and Dantela are the 2 I'm eyeing right now. So I wanted your opinion on a few things.

1. Since there are decent size pave set right next to the center stone, does the center stone still pop out? A while ago I tried this on and thought the center stone doesn't stand out that much, but the one I tried was a small stone.
2. In terms of the size, you've tried 1.5 and 1.35, does 1.5 really look at much bigger or it's not really that noticeable?

Thanks!!
Bunfuns
Hi Bunfuns! I'm so sorry--I just noticed this post. I hope you see this in time to help with your purchase, though it looks like you're going with an oval. Maybe this will help someone else, though :).

1. I definitely think the center stone stands out. Just yesterday, my friend told me she thought it was 3+ carats and was shocked when I told her it was 1.3.
2. To be honest, I don't think it's that noticeable. However, Whiteflash didn't change the setting at all when I exchanged the diamonds. The Full Bloom setting is priced based on the diameter of the center stone and because my 1.3ct was very borderline, they offered to "downgrade" me to the next smallest setting (which has smaller diamonds in the halo) and refund the difference. I'm the kind of girl who needs to see things in person and I loved the dimensions as is, so I opted to leave the small metal gap between the diamond and the halo. This also leaves rooms for upgrading once I find the right 1.5ct, which I'm considering doing now :).

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
Hi tmot14,

Thanks for getting back. Yea, I'm considering an oval. I'm thinking of the Tacori Dantela 2620. Also asked GOG to find me a decent 2ct center stone as well. Now just waiting to pull the trigger on it.

To be really honest, when I was considering round, I really love your ring, it really does make the ring looks so much bigger. But given that my fingers are not too longer, I thought oval will really make things look elegant, so here I am taking a route that different. :lol:

Bunfuns

tmot14|1427356556|3852563 said:
bunfuns|1425508350|3841942 said:
Hi tmot14,

Thanks!!
Bunfuns
Hi Bunfuns! I'm so sorry--I just noticed this post. I hope you see this in time to help with your purchase, though it looks like you're going with an oval. Maybe this will help someone else, though :).

1. I definitely think the center stone stands out. Just yesterday, my friend told me she thought it was 3+ carats and was shocked when I told her it was 1.3.
2. To be honest, I don't think it's that noticeable. However, Whiteflash didn't change the setting at all when I exchanged the diamonds. The Full Bloom setting is priced based on the diameter of the center stone and because my 1.3ct was very borderline, they offered to "downgrade" me to the next smallest setting (which has smaller diamonds in the halo) and refund the difference. I'm the kind of girl who needs to see things in person and I loved the dimensions as is, so I opted to leave the small metal gap between the diamond and the halo. This also leaves rooms for upgrading once I find the right 1.5ct, which I'm considering doing now :).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results