shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I Buy Diamond with Internal Graining

astrolord

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

First post for me. I need some help deciding on a Diamond I like. The specs are:
Shape: Round Brilliant
Weight: 1.7ct
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Cut: Excellent

The diamond has very good proportions with a HCA value of 0.8 (Excellent).

The only thing I am worried about is the GIA report mentions "Internal graining is not shown". I am buying online and there is no picture of the diamond, would this be a major concern?

Thanks so much.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At a VVS2 I can't imagine there is very much internal graining or that it affects the stone at all. Any pictures?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+ 1 I agree at a VVS1 or 2 it should not be an issue. If in doubt ask the vendor if it seems less bright at all.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
astrolord|1413892413|3770284 said:
Hi Everyone,

First post for me. I need some help deciding on a Diamond I like. The specs are:
Shape: Round Brilliant
Weight: 1.7ct
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Cut: Excellent

The diamond has very good proportions with a HCA value of 0.8 (Excellent).

The only thing I am worried about is the GIA report mentions "Internal graining is not shown". I am buying online and there is no picture of the diamond, would this be a major concern?

Thanks so much.

This is one of those comments that are made because to draw the minute effects visible under the microscope would make the plot look like the diamond had a meteor shower going on inside the diamond. You can be assured that this diamond is 100% eye clean with no eye visible effect from the internal graining.

In the trade we recognize the need to put these comments on the diamond grading report, primarily to aid in the identification of the diamond. We also know that they sometimes scare the buying public away from fantastic diamonds simply because the phrase is somewhat scary if you do not know what it means. One of my early diamond suppliers offered me a deal on a VVS2 diamond with a "Rocky Mountain Horror Show" certificate. I asked him what he meant. He told me it has two scary comments, an indented natural and internal graining.

I bought the diamond and gave one of my clients a "steal deal" on the diamond. He LOVES internal graining and indented naturals.

Wink

astrolord

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, I'll buy it :)

astrolord

Rough_Rock
Really happy with the diamond, definitely eye clean and bright.

img_5214.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This makes me very happy for you.

It is what I love about this community. You ask for help and/or advice. You get it. You then make a decision about what to do with it, and if all goes well, as it appears to have done in this case, you get the diamond that you wanted and the comfort of knowing you did not make an error.

Congratulations.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results