shape
carat
color
clarity

assistance searching for sapphire stone or set ring

adelebeth

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I've been reading like a maniac and absorbing some great information, however I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for. I am trying to buy or create (ideally buy a whole ring) a blue sapphire cushion cut stone, and set it in a halo setting. I also need to keep my budget as low as possible, max $1500 for the entire finished ring.

I have found great images, but usually only from Zales, Kay, Jared, etc meant to be huge cocktail fashion rings, set in silver not gold, and many that don't seem to be able to stand the test of time as an engagement ring, and none that fit the style I'm looking for can be made in a size 10.

After doing a lot of looking and decision making, I am ok with a lab created sapphire, I prefer a middle tone color, not too dark not too light, and I'm hoping for between 2 & 4 carats.

I am including an image from Kay because it is the closest I've found to what I'd like to buy/create. The ring from Kay is selling for about $375..

Any advice is welcome, I know I'm not making an amazing heirloom piece, but this is what my budget will allow, and I need to find the best blend of quality and affordability.
Thanks all!

screenshot_2014-10-18-21-19-14.png

_23386.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Hi and welcome! Unfortunately, forum rules prohibit us from discussing created stones in this venue... perhaps there is another online community that would be able to help. Good luck in your search! :)

Edited to add: I did a quick search on Etsy for "cushion blue sapphire" and think you might be able to find some nice options there.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah we're not allowed to talk about lab created gems. There is a vendor on the recommended vendors thread who sells them in nice quality but I'd rather not mention who (don't want to break any rules).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results