shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be concerned about these table inclusions on I1 RB?

memogensen

Rough_Rock
I may be beating a dead horse here, but this is a big purchase that I would prefer not to regret. As I have mentioned in other threads, BGD have confirmed this stone is eye clean from all distances and angles, but after talking with a local jeweler (most likely biased), I am concerned that this diamond may not be completely eye clean.

Here is what the local jeweler said in an email:

"I will say that I wouldn't settle for an SI-1 with a centered inclusion, when you can find one with a similar inclusion off center. "Eye clean" is used too often in our industry, and it all comes down to who's eye it is, and how good their attention to detail is. I've never found a centered inclusion of that size in an SI-1 graded diamond that wasn't eye visible."

I would greatly appreciate your expert opinions' on the images (ASET, Idealscope, etc.) to see if you think the inclusions will indeed be eye clean.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.475-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104074030027

I haven't received the stone yet, as I am trying to decide what to do for a setting and BGD has agreed to hold the diamond in the meantime.

My questions:
Do you think I should see the stone before having it set or take BGD at their word as they have such a great reputation?

Do you think I could find a RB at a better value? I had a 5% off discount at BGD, so this stone ended up being $10,800.

Here is a comparable diamond ($11,430) the local jeweler found and is promoting:

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=5176601447

143_h_si1_-_hearts_and_arrows.jpg

143_h_si1__1__0.jpg

Thanks for any and all input!

Matt

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Should I be concerned about these table inclusions on I1

memogensen|1413751070|3769489 said:
I may be beating a dead horse here, but this is a big purchase that I would prefer not to regret. As I have mentioned in other threads, BGD have confirmed this stone is eye clean from all distances and angles, but after talking with a local jeweler (most likely biased), I am concerned that this diamond may not be completely eye clean.

There's your problem. Of course this jeweler doesn't want you to buy the BG diamond... he wants you to do business with him.
:roll:

Here is what the local jeweler said in an email:

"I will say that I wouldn't settle for an SI-1 with a centered inclusion, when you can find one with a similar inclusion off center. "Eye clean" is used too often in our industry, and it all comes down to who's eye it is, and how good their attention to detail is. I've never found a centered inclusion of that size in an SI-1 graded diamond that wasn't eye visible."

I would greatly appreciate your expert opinions' on the images (ASET, Idealscope, etc.) to see if you think the inclusions will indeed be eye clean.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.475-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104074030027

I haven't received the stone yet, as I am trying to decide what to do for a setting and BGD has agreed to hold the diamond in the meantime.

My questions:
Do you think I should see the stone before having it set or take BGD at their word as they have such a great reputation?

Although I've never purchased from them personallY, BG has an impecable reputation on PS. I would trust him 100%. Don't let the other jeweler "poo poo" on that stone -- it's GORG! :love:

Lila_grace

Rough_Rock

They have an inspection/return period so there is no harm in seeing it in person and judging it with your own eye. If you get it and the inclusions bother you return it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks to be eye clean. The prongs will cover that slight carbon inclusion. This is super magnified image. The facet pattern and all sparkle brillance and fire will mask the inclusion. You need to resize this image down to a more realistic size and I doubt you will be able to pick it out and it you do you are basing only on one stagnant image vs an actual diamond always in motion.

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock

I said it before in your other thread, but it would almost be in my best interests to say yes go with your jeweler's diamond, so I can take the BGD off your hands =)))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results