shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, something I agree with conservatives about...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. This "art" is not my cup of tea. :knockout: I don't like any of his "pieces". :cheeky: :sick:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind provocative art, but this doesn't make me feel anything. What was the point of this?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Eck. how foul and insulting. I didn't know what it was just by looking at it, but art is designed to be discussed so everyone in the community is likely to be aware to what this 'public art' alludes. Those who commissioned this 'artist' knew exactly what they were doing though, the earlier examples are similarly smart-alec faecal smears (literally :(sad ).
My brain now needs to be scrubbed, again and again, under a hot shower...remember when 'art' had even a remnant of uplift about it?
Now it seems that 'being clever' means bodily functions, high school twit style.
I feel so depressed. Like my intellect has been raped.
I guess in the limited instincts of the artist, that means a 'win', because there is a 'reaction'.
:mad:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a lot of different sides to this.
Sex and the body's waste are natural.
In fact life itself depends on both.
Yet both are widely reviled as shameful and disgusting, unless relegated to happening behind closed doors.
Keep that part of the body clothed, and flush that stuff away ASAP.

None of us would be here without sex and we'd explode if we didn't eliminate.
Sure, poop is gross.
By being very unpleasant we avoid it and avoid getting sick by allowing any of it to enter the other end of the digestive system.

But the degree to which we have been socialized to freak out over essential natural bodily function is worth pondering and challenging.
We get all butt hurt when a dolphin is killed, yet discriminate against flies likely because they find poop irresistible.
It's inconsistent.
Shouldn't all life be equally precious?
I'm not arguing it is; but I do like entertaining new thoughts.

How do I feel about the art itself?
I wouldn't buy it for my living room and I can imagine a zillion other things I'd rather look at, but I mostly I just feel: Meh.
I don't feel the need to go take a shower, or any disgust, offense or anger.

I also find it pretty dang funny, especially the big green butt plug.
Someone in the museum may be walking around with one of those things installed. LOL!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Hysterical
I love it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I laughed out loud. I think they're brilliant. :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone who is an artist, and has an art education, I gotta comment on this. I attend alot of shows and galleries, and I have seen my share of exhibits.
I feel that at this stage in my life, I have every right to be an art critic. LOL
Art, in my opinion, is something that you should want to look at again and again. Something that is pleasant to the viewer.
However, sometimes so called "artists" create things that are unpleasant to look at or that make the viewer uncomfortable. I feel that this is the creator expressing himself. I dont view this so much as art, but expression.
If a painting or sculpture makes most people uncomfortable to see, then it is the creator manipulating the viewer. Kind of a power thing, to say "Haha, I made you cringe!"
So, in my humble opinion, this is expressionism. It isn't always in good taste, either. But it doesn't have to be, because the whole idea is to get a reaction from the viewer. No one will discuss the finer points about whether the butt plugs are out of proportion, or how "Bush and the pigs" could've been so much better(!?), because that isnt the point. I causes a reaction, and that is the creator's whole point.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can respect and endorse the expressionism versus art distinction.

And these are expressions of poor taste.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is sensationalism, not art.

That said I did search Paris for the giant "Christmas tree" yesterday. I can think its garbage, but still find it hilarious. I hear it has been taken down so no intentionally awkward vaca poses for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1413791214|3769664 said:
I can respect and endorse the expressionism versus art distinction.

And these are expressions of poor taste.

+1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results