shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this stone?

eiger

Rough_Rock
http://images.b2cjewels.com/Images//Certificate//6273846.pdf

I have not asked to see ideal scope or other images yet - I wanted to first vet this with the forum. Do you think the twinning wisps are a problem?

It shows up as a 1.4 on the HCA - with Ex-Ex-VG-Ex.
Is that bad? Will I notice the "lack" of scintillation?
If it seems like it has potential, I will ask for other images.

Also, I was wondering about cloudy diamonds. Is there ever a case where a diamond has all the right GIA statistics and an excellent HCA rating, yet is still cloudy? I'm not talking about flourescence. I've just noticed that some diamonds look milky or cloudy rather than clear.

Thank you for any advice or guidance you can provide.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a 60/60 style stone. The crown is shallow. But that's par for the course with most 60/60s. You will have lots of white light, not a lot of colored. As a general rule we prefer crowns at 34-35.5 on the boards. But with 60/60s 33.5 works out okay most of the time. The HCA is not a selection tool. It is a rejection tool. It's pass fail. And this stone passes. That said, you need an idealscope, especially with a 60/60.

eiger

Rough_Rock
Ok - well I want to see sparkling colors AND some flash - so maybe this isn't the right cut for me. Are there certain perimeters I should look for? I am well aware that HCA is an elimination tool - so I am using that as a first pass, but beyond that I don't know what to look for. The diamond I have now, which is around a 1.7 RB has a small table - 52% - but it does offer a lot of color (even though it's a GIA E color stone. I am looking for something at about 3 carats with excellent cut, polish, and symmetry. Clarity/color combos can be - ISI1 OR J SI1 OR ISi2 (as long as the SI2 isn't too bad since I've seen better and worse).

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is a stunning stone!

eiger

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to keep it closer to 3 carats - both for price and for the setting I would like which has a double halo. I've already been told I will need to modify the setting to fit a 3 carat - I don't want to have to remove a halo to fit the center stone. I'm thinking j si1.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results