shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP PLEASE with AGS000 Report

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie and I need help determining if this AGS000 report and light performance map is a good option? This stone scores well over 2 on the HCA. Does this look good?

screen_shot_2014-10-18_at_7.png

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to preface this post and say that I don't care for tight tight tight numbers. Do you? If you do want that IDEAL everything then I'll have to change my post a bit ::)

You are getting dinged for your pavilion angle and slightly deep stone. Any slight even if you think minimal amount of changes to the pavilion will affect the look more so than the crown angle. this is a slightly deep stone as well, but in the two range I would still give it a chance, but remember I'm not the tight strict ideal category number type of poster on here...

ETA: is there an image of the diamond? SI ones can be super eye clean or not.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS is more discerning on cut than GIA but ... STILL! ... I'd find another round that scores under 2.0.

Then get an Idealscope pic and compared it to this chart, because there can be things wrong with HCA<2.0s that the HCA does not reveal.
http://www.ideal-scope.com/1.using_reference_chart.asp

I wish people would stop saying if it is AGS 0 the life and death absolute rule is you don't run it through ACA. :doh:

When spending my money that lump of carbon will stand up to ANY and ALL tests I put it through.
Especially diamonds of the most plentiful shape ... round.

Let someone else buy that one.
Plenty of other fish in the sea.

idealscope_ref_50.png

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the response. I am attaching an image of the diamond, it is stated to be eye clean, but in the magnified view I can see some inclusions. I am trying to decide if I should sacrifice color for a slightly larger stone. I currently have a 1.10 H VS2 and I would like to get closer to a 1.5 carat.

_470.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eye clean means no magnification ... looking with the naked eye.

Sounds like you need to raise your budget, or lower the clarity, color or carat weight expectations.

I've been reading PS for 10 years and I've noticed that vast majority of shoppers, with budgets from $100 to $$100,000, want more than they can afford.
Weird.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rocksjust4me|1413677425|3769247 said:
Thank you for the response. I am attaching an image of the diamond, it is stated to be eye clean, but in the magnified view I can see some inclusions. I am trying to decide if I should sacrifice color for a slightly larger stone. I currently have a 1.10 H VS2 and I would like to get closer to a 1.5 carat.

The bold is personal. What is your current stone's grading specs? numbers all that good stuff? depending on what your current stone's cut parameters are and what the prospected new one is might change the tune of how I recommend.

MelisendeDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
rocksjust4me|1413674577|3769231 said:
I am a newbie and I need help determining if AS000 report and light performance map is a good option? This stone scores well over 2 on the HCA. Does this look good?

AGS 0 report trumps HCA for me it accounts for a ray trace of every facet, HCA only a rounded rough outline.
From AGS generated ASET this diamond will be a perfectly fine candidate in terms of brightness.

If I was being nitpicky this diamond has a spread about 0.1 mm less than a more shallow ideal cut. It not a major visual difference but something that should be reflected in a small price discount.

This is not a big upgrade size wise from a 1.1 though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely not worth upgrading from a 1.1 ct stone to this one. You need to be at or above 7mm to really see a difference and make the upgrade process worth it.

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help. I think I am going to wait and go for a 1.5 carat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results