shape
carat
color
clarity

Which e-ring insurance company did you go with?

snoopy916

Rough_Rock
I just got my e-ring and was wondering which insurance company you decided to go with?

Criteria:
- Insures if it gets lost ANYWHERE (some homeowners policies only cover if you lose it at your home - is this true?)
- Allows you to go to your own vendor for repairs/replacements

I have only found that Perfect Circle (formerly Jewelry's Mutual) fits this criteria. Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

Thank you!

tmorris

Rough_Rock
Another option is Lavalier (lavalier.com)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
snoopy916|1413434534|3767783 said:
I just got my e-ring and was wondering which insurance company you decided to go with?

Criteria:
- Insures if it gets lost ANYWHERE (some homeowners policies only cover if you lose it at your home - is this true?)
- Allows you to go to your own vendor for repairs/replacements

I have only found that Perfect Circle (formerly Jewelry's Mutual) fits this criteria. Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

Thank you!
Chubb used to write standalone coverage but does not anymore, so I would go with Jewelers Mutual. I will likely never go with a homeowners policy for my important pieces based on experiences friends and family have had dealing with theirs. There was always some "exception" to the coverage and replacement regardless of the agreement and the valuation.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tmorris|1413564778|3768630 said:
I believe Chubb still offers coverage, though you must purchase through an agent (this is one: http://www.jewelers-unblocked.com/consumer/index.html) so not quite as easy to buy as it is from Lavalier or Jewelers Mutual.
They do, it's just not standalone jewelry only. Unless something changed again recently, they require you have auto or home coverage with them to write a standalone jewelry policy.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you work for any of these, you just joined and these are your first posts.

tmorris

Rough_Rock
Nope. I did just join, but only because this post caught my eye and I thought I could add something useful.

They're all competitors, and I'm not recommending any one in particular.

snoopy916

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses.

Does anyone have any experience with homeowners insurance (rider's policy)? Is it true they over cover if you lose at your property?

I looked at PC and Lavalier and their prices are very comparable but very expensive.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
snoopy916|1413652942|3769082 said:
Thanks for your responses.

Does anyone have any experience with homeowners insurance (rider's policy)? Is it true they over cover if you lose at your property?

I looked at PC and Lavalier and their prices are very comparable but very expensive.

I have a State Farm Personal Articles Policy - "We cover the property described while it is anywhere in the world. However, Fine Arts are covered only while within the United States and Canada". Of course there are exceptions for war, nuclear hazard, vermin or insects.

The key is "described" - make sure it is a very very detailed description e.g. if branded H&A diamond, include lab report number, if branded and/or custom mounting, etc. There was another poster on PS that recently had trouble because of this. They did not include the words "Tiffany & Co" on my Tiffany Fancy Yellow diamond ring and I made them go back and correct this because I paid a premium for that blue box and I expect a Tiffany replacement if there is a loss.

We filed a claim for a lost melee from one of my rings and got paid to replace it. Also broke a piece of Waterford Crystal stemware that also got replaced, and my hubby got snow on his camera which shorted it out. For that one, even though the coverage was full price (that is what we paid for the camera when it first came out), State Farm paid us only what the current Amazon price was for a newer model of a similar camera.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results