shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1412700629|3763683 said:
My Tahitian necklaces that I selected at the Ruckus have arrived. I can cross-clasp them in back to pull one strand longer to make a double with a gap between the strands.

PP photos:

Double with a gap:

Kay, these are beautiful strands, I love all the ways you could wear them. Thank you for posting pictures. Question: I am not sure about the cross-clasp as stated above, can you explain or take a back neck photo LOL, LOL, oh that is too much to ask. I don't see how they separate so much. I would like to do that to mine, loving these strands!

Why does your picture not show up again on this post??

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay, you put a lot of thought and planning into this and it worked out beautifully! You must be absolutely delighted!

I especially like the lariat style(s) on you. Wear your new strands/rope/lariat in good health!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, I now know what your talking about! :loopy: I tied a little piece of ribbon on each laser ball so they won't scratch.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Confection, CMD, Krissy, Fly Girl, 4Ranch Girl, Frost Me, Bsomlo, thank you all for your kind words. It took a long time for me to figure out how I wanted these pearls strung and pull the trigger, but I am just thrilled now that I have them. I know I will be reaching for these strands often. :D

Frost Me, by “cross-clasp” I mean I mate half the clasp from one necklace with half the clasp of the other necklace so that they are crossed over each other like an X in the back. Then I just pull one loop longer than the other. It’s the same as taking a rope and wrapping it around twice to make a double strand, only I have 2 clasps instead of 1.

4RG, I just took stock of what I have collected in the past 4 months. I think I went on a little pearl bender. :loopy: My first trip to PP, followed by the Ruckus, Tahitian Sale and Connoisseur Sale have been my undoing. There were just so many items in a row that seemed special enough to buy now because they might not be available later (or at least not on sale). I still have 2 pendants in the works, but then I have to cool it for a while (at least until Black Friday, lol). :naughty:

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I really love your rope, especially worn lariat style with the short necklace. I am really regretting not buying a rope during the Tahitian sale.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay thank you, that confirms what I arranged this afternoon, and the very reason to make sure my laser balls all match in size. I just hadn't thought of wearing it that way, thanks for reminding me. Your AAA strand is also new too right?

Pearl Girl, your not alone, regrets here too, wish I had purchased more.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, FABULOUS, Kay ... just fabulous :dance: :clap: :appl: :wavey: And you know I love that Orbit clasp LOL :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearl_Girl|1412720447|3763905 said:
I really love your rope, especially worn lariat style with the short necklace. I am really regretting not buying a rope during the Tahitian sale.

+1 on that! Although I was truly maxed out, so had to stop. I'm just glad that I wasn't super tempted by the connoisseur sale, or this month's ripples. Gives me a chance to regroup.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Girl, thank you. I love the triple lariat style. I asked Chenai to search for a large Tahitian drop to wear with this necklace.

CRDKeshi, thanks. I think the Orbit clasps are great. The smooth oval shape feels elegant and feminine, yet the size is substantial enough that the gold links look like a decorative part of the jewelry, not just a clasp.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Kay your pearls are spectacular! I ordered a 35" rope from the PP sale, selected for my by a lovely pearl queen, and I had it set with a toggle (which I love). But WOW, wowza, wowee your orbit clasps are so cool. When it comes time to restring, I will definitely look into them.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
:love: your rope Kay. Gosh maybe I need a big drop too!

After seeing your orbit clasps I'm so glad that im using them too.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Kay - I love all the looks - that will be a work horse for sure!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1412894174|3765072 said:
Kay your pearls are spectacular! I ordered a 35" rope from the PP sale, selected for my by a lovely pearl queen, and I had it set with a toggle (which I love). But WOW, wowza, wowee your orbit clasps are so cool. When it comes time to restring, I will definitely look into them.

I like the toggle idea too, could you post a picture of your clasp Pirard Do you hang a pearl off the toggle?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
This is another strand...had this shot, but will post another tomorrow.

img_5789.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1413247872|3766697 said:
This is another strand...had this shot, but will post another tomorrow.

Just WOW.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard - Beautiful!!! Is that Ripka?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
It is Ripka! Just love her pieces...this is a strand that is currently on QVC for about $150. The pearls are kind of flattened, not really coin baroques. I really don't know what to call them, but they are really very nice with off the charts luster and orient. They are difficult to photograph, but the pearls are gorgeous. The toggle clasp is huge and begs to be worn in the front of the necklace. I have some meetings today, but hopefully will post pictures of the tahitian strand with toggle. I am not usually one to wear pearls with a pearl drop...I like to mix things up a bit!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some shots of the necklace with flash and without...you can see that the pearls are very shiny and have almost a soap bubble sheen to them. They aren't as flat as typical coins, they are more puffed. Not sure what kind of pearl they are!

img_0471.jpg

img_5791.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard, that necklace is a serious statement piece. It's really unique, substantial and gorgeous!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh My Goodness, what a power strand! That is gorgeous…thanks for posting pictures. :love: :love: :love:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I wear it a lot, and it looks really cool worn with my triple strand akoyas

img_0622.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pirard -- Oooh! I like the jumble of new and fresh with traditional!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks...sometimes I wear two or three strands at the same time. I really like to mix things up! Still haven't had the chance to photograph my tahitians with an enhancer on the toggle...but I do love it that way!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1413318310|3767038 said:
Thanks! I wear it a lot, and it looks really cool worn with my triple strand akoyas
Terrific look :appl: :appl: :appl:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I like the relaxed combo look a lot!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it too! I took inspiration from a JCrew catalogue for this jumbled pearl look. They showed it with a boatneck navy tee and white shorts (take off the shorts, and add white cropped jeans and that's my summer favorite outfit).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1413398153|3767479 said:
I really like it too! I took inspiration from a JCrew catalogue for this jumbled pearl look. They showed it with a boatneck navy tee and white shorts (take off the shorts, and add white cropped jeans and that's my summer favorite outfit).

Oh I'm curious!!! I'll have to look for that! I adore jumbled/mismatched pearl looks!!!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1413507663|3768280 said:
Pirard|1413398153|3767479 said:

Oh I'm curious!!! I'll have to look for that! I adore jumbled/mismatched pearl looks!!!

I couldn't find the exact photo I saw, but here is the Hammock freshwater pearl necklace from their website:

https://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/jewelry/pearls/PRDOVR~A3696/A3696.jsp?color_name=Pearl&TCode=GGBS00006_99103346367&sisearchengine=197&siproduct=A3696&noPopUp=true&source=googlePLA&gclid=CPK42a2EtMECFUgA7AodeFkAqA

https://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/A3696_EC7253_d1?$pdp_tn75$

The one featured in a catalog had more irregular shaped pearls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results