shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the appeal of an eternity band?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that I am experiencing buyer's remorse. Long story but I will try to be brief. A few weeks ago, I traded in a semi eternity for a full eternity because I wanted to wear it with my e-ring and this new eternity seemed to work better. Here is a picture.

image_2344.jpg

I tried to wear it, but I always felt that the diamonds were too exposed and never felt comfortable wearing it with me e-ring because of that, I felt the diamonds would harm my e-ring or vice-versa. So I bought a few other stackers to match my e-ring which I totally love even more.

BC I didn't want to just have that band sit in my box, I tried to wear it on my right hand, only it was too snug AND I felt that it was even more dangerous because my right hand is so active. Still, I tried to wear it, but it seemed too dainty, esp bc I had never purchased it with the intention of wearing it alone. So back to my jeweler I went. He was not too happy that I was exchanging it, as I had already traded a ring in for it, so he gave me very few options. I ended up with a slightly bigger eternity ring, but for some reason, I can't seem to enjoy it because I keep thinking that it's too small for a right hand ring. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that an eternity is extra money spent on diamonds that I don't get to see. It's a 3 mm wide band so I don't know that I would have this issue if it was a much bigger band and that is what I am debating--would it be worth trading this band up again for a bigger eternity, as that is the only option my jeweler is giving me right now.

So, for all you eternity band lovers out THERE WITH A 2 CARAT OR SMALLER ETERNITY BAND, please tell me WHY YOU LOVE WEARING YOUR ETERNITY BAND AND WHY YOU DON'T VIEW IT AS SPENDING MONEY ON DIAMONDS THAT YOU DON'T SEE?

I will post pictures of the new band in a few minutes.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I think the band is beautiful and let me say that I do't know how many years your married but after 28 years I sometimes tend to wear just my eternity band and stackable on the other. There will be circumstances like this weekend i am walking 2 days 40 miles for breast cancer and don't feel comfortable with my ering so i will only wear my eternity.

I think it looks great together .......

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is. I just feel like it doesn't make much of a statement.
image_2375.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1413486162|3768077 said:
I think the band is beautiful and let me say that I do't know how many years your married but after 28 years I sometimes tend to wear just my eternity band and stackable on the other. There will be circumstances like this weekend i am walking 2 days 40 miles for breast cancer and don't feel comfortable with my ering so i will only wear my eternity.

I think it looks great together .......

Hi. That was the band that I traded in bc It was too uncomfortable. The new one is not as pretty but more comfortable hence my remorse. Here it is image_2375.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Only you can decide if your happy with it. I think it is gorgous by itself. But you have to be happy and not second guess yourself each time your wear it. :think:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nala, I think it's a beautiful band! And I honestly can't tell the difference between the two photos ... I think it's every bit as lovely.

I love eternities. They don't roll around, leaving me with that irritable "I've been looking unkempt without knowing it" thing, and I talk with my hands A LOT, so I see them from all angles. I also kind of trust that as diamonds, they're tough enough to handle what I throw at them - no, I don't do chin-ups while I'm wearing them, but I've done danged near everything else, and in seven years or so of wearing them more or less 24/7, no harm, no foul (knock wood).

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also think it is a BEAUTIFUL band! I really think 3mm across is a really nice width for a stand alone band - it's perfect for day-to-day, evening, or whatever the day/night may bring. And, I prefer the shared two prongs instead of single prongs - some may like emphasizing each stone, but I love the look of a band of white - which you have :)

Aside from preventing the band from ever looking as if it has spun, I like the symbolism of eternity bands.

I hope you enjoy yours - it really is quite beautiful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band is stunning. It looks great on you: very elegant. But since you are the one wearing it, please listen to what your gut feeling is telling you.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - I absolutely LOVE your new eternity!

I have a full eternity, princess cut, shared prong - see my avatar. It is 1.75 CTW & 3mm wide. My husband always knew I wanted one, so had it designed & made during the last few months of my pregnancy with our 2nd & final child. I wear mine stacked: eternity, plain wedding ring, pear solitaire & I have to say, it feels like part of my body. I have worn it 24/7 for almost 4 years, removing for regular & thorough cleaning twice a week. Besides the sentiment behind it, (my husband wedged it on my very swollen finger 24 hours after our daughter was born, during which I almost died during the surgery) it just "fits me" & is such a treasure.

I talk with my hands a lot also, so it is always catching the light & twinkling no matter what position my hand is in. I also remember a friend commenting after we'd driven past each other on the school run & waved, how my rings had sparkled so much in the sun. That was palm out, obviously. I have also on occasion worn it alone on my right hand during the summer when my hands were hot & ring finger felt strangled, and it had more comments then as a stand alone ring, even though its delicate looking. It just popped more on its own.

Despite constantly wearing my rings, even when I'm gardening ( :oops: ) I have only ever slightly mis-shapen it once. I have no idea how, but I noticed it appeared slightly oval one day. Easily fixed & touch wood, no more accidents.

My advice would be to live with it for a few months. Swap hands, swap stack combinations - have fun with it!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I too, love your new band. Do you wear your ering everyday? I agree that sometimes you may just want to wear the eternity and when you do, from every angle, you will be seeing diamonds :appl: . My eternity is too tight on my right hand also so I feel your pain. I'm jealous that a lot of the ladies can switch back and forth with no problem. If you put a small spacer between the rings, it will give them both the ability to shine.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love your new eternity, the old one was very pretty but not the best match for the e-ring in my opinion, visually they just clashed. The new one us truly gorgeous, a timeless classic and I do not think it is too dainty, it does make a statement and if you wear your e-ring on your other hand then it is perfect. Just my opinion and I personally love eternities but prefer them the size of yours actually, one of the nicest ones I have seen.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Alex your eternity is simply gorgeous too and what a beautiful story behind it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a right hand ring, I would rather have a five stone diamond band with larger stones. I personally would only wear an eternity as a wedding band (small one with an e-ring or larger one as stand-alone).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like eternity bands.

Your ring is lovely.

But I would rather have a 7 stone. Either with small melee to wear with a solitaire. Or with larger melee as a stand alone (15 pointers or larger)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mine because it's never misaligned to my ering.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you OVincze! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love eternity bands for all the reasons stated. They are never out of position. You always see diamonds no matter what you are doing with your hands (I talk with my hands too lol). It's all bling all the time. And I also love the romance of unbroken love that the eternity ring represents.

I think your new eternity band is gorgeous Nala but as others have said it has to be right for you. We all know what works for one doesn't work for everyone so your call for what works for you. But from my perspective it looks gorgeous on your hand and it is a classic.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby said:
I love mine because it's never misaligned to my ering.

+1

I was going crazy always shifting my band. I'm a leftie, so it was getting on my nerves having to do it every twenty mins or so. No matter what I did, it seemed my diamonds were always on the underside of my hand, with only metal showing -- now THAT REALIY FELT LIKE A WASTE OF DIAMONDS! LOL ...with an eternity, I don't have to think about it - ever! And mine is bezeled, so it's super comfy and protected/not gonna harm my ering.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1413545000.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
It's definitely a personal choices. I have two eternity bands that I wear stacked with my e-ring. They're thin bands (one is 1 ctw and the other is .5ctw) so I don't "feel" them - I've heard bands with larger size stones can sometimes stick out too far and can feel uncomfortable between your fingers but I've never been lucky enough to experienced that. I started with a half-eternity ring many years ago but it kept "turning" and I didn't like when the plain metal showed. As far as the stones under your hand, I've never chipped or cracked one of them but I don't do anything like excercise or yard work with them on, but taco grease (I live in Texas) can drip down your hand and get on your rings. Keeping them clean is important.

Go with what you like. You're e-ring is gorgeous btw!! And I personally like the eternity band with it - I love shared prongs. Maybe wear it on special or dressy occasions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results