shape
carat
color
clarity

Nontraditional bridal headpiece - Silver, pearls and flowers

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My headpiece for my reception! I wanted something more renaissancy, and non traditional. Found a lovely seller on Etsy who does sterling wirework with gems and crystals and pearls.

I ordered this which is somewhat custom, with freshwater pearls, green swarvoski crystals, green aventurine cabochon, and handmade porcelain flowers. It's so pretty and I am really happy with it

headpiece_0.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Nontraditional bridal headpiece - Silver, pearls and flo

Beautiful, you will look like a princess! And congratulations!!

JillyC

Shiny_Rock

Oh, that is pretty! It doesn't look so "bridey", but does look appropriate for a wedding at the same time. Very nice! You'll show us when it's completed, right? ;))

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

ckrickett - How feminine and one-of-a-kind- you will look totally beautiful in it!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

that's beautiful!!!! It's delicate and special-just perfect :appl:

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Your reception headpiece is lovely and unique. I love the flowy lines of the silver and the combination of the white pearls and green crystals. Who is making it for you?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Kay said:
Your reception headpiece is lovely and unique. I love the flowy lines of the silver and the combination of the white pearls and green crystals. Who is making it for you?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ElnaraNiall Was the shop that made it for me. She was very nice and a pleasure to work with.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Thank you all for the kind words. Since I am super overwhelmed with everything seeming to go wrong last minute, having this little beauty arrive on time and perfect was a very pleasant occurrence!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ckrickett,

I love your headpiece! It's going to look beautiful on you!

Also, everyone who has been married will tell you that something almost always goes other than planned in either the ceremony, the reception, or both. The good news is that nobody will notice but you! That's because everyone there will just assume that however things are is exactly the way that you had planned, and their eyes will gloss over anything that isn't just so. Plus, at the end of the day, no matter what else, if you end up married, that's all that really matters in the end.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

cmd2014|1413405354|3767547 said:
ckrickett,

Also, everyone who has been married will tell you that something almost always goes other than planned in either the ceremony, the reception, or both. The good news is that nobody will notice but you! That's because everyone there will just assume that however things are is exactly the way that you had planned, and their eyes will gloss over anything that isn't just so. Plus, at the end of the day, no matter what else, if you end up married, that's all that really matters in the end.

I too love the head piece and the advice!!! Don't sweat the small stuff...it will work its way. You are the star of the day (well, maybe share the spotlight with the person you are marrying as well..but no one else!!) And you both will be the same two people loved by your family and friends there to share the day with you.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Pirard|1413421746|3767682 said:
cmd2014|1413405354|3767547 said:
ckrickett,

I too love the head piece and the advice!!! Don't sweat the small stuff...it will work its way. You are the star of the day (well, maybe share the spotlight with the person you are marrying as well..but no one else!!) And you both will be the same two people loved by your family and friends there to share the day with you.

Thank you both!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

You are going to be a beautiful bride and your day will be perfect.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Things go wrong and it's all "part of the fun". Just accept that there will be flaws and go with the flow.

If you end up with a daughter, that headpiece is going to be very special. I can imagine on special days you'll unwrap it from it's protective wrapping and let your little princess try it on. She'll watch you polish it with fascination. She'll dream of when she can wear it to her wedding herself... so not only have you had something unique made for yourself, you've possibly started a tradition that will be handed down from generation to generation.

I can hardly wait for pictures! What's the date?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

The headpiece is a joy! Wishing you a wonderful celebration ... Just relax and enjoy every moment :)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

bsomlo - awwwwwww. That is such a sweet thought. Thanks for the smile today!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1413449394|3767815 said:
Things go wrong and it's all "part of the fun". Just accept that there will be flaws and go with the flow.

If you end up with a daughter, that headpiece is going to be very special. I can imagine on special days you'll unwrap it from it's protective wrapping and let your little princess try it on. She'll watch you polish it with fascination. She'll dream of when she can wear it to her wedding herself... so not only have you had something unique made for yourself, you've possibly started a tradition that will be handed down from generation to generation.

I can hardly wait for pictures! What's the date?

I REQUIRE a daughter. I have been saving jewelry for her practically my entire life! Or I need a boy that appreciates jewelry.

also that thought was very sweet, thank you so much for the kind words.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

CRDKeshi|1413521526|3768377 said:
The headpiece is a joy! Wishing you a wonderful celebration ... Just relax and enjoy every moment :)

I'll try!

I decorated over 600 pieces of stemware (hand painted moroccan style) and about 300 vases/tealight holders and other decor. And I am cooking all the food myself. This week has been super busy but i know it will be great!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

YOU are cooking the food for your wedding? Incredible. Please give yourself time to enjoy the actual day.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I take it the centre stone, an Aventurine cabochon is missing in the pic? :confused:

I like it as it has clean lines and not overtly fussy as some of the ones I have seen.

Thanks for sharing.

DK :))

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

"I wanted something more renaissancy" I love that… and all things of the period ckrickett, your headdress is so pretty, how wonderful to have a custom keepsake. Many blessings on your wedding day and the new journey thru life with your husband.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ckrickett - that headpiece is gorgeous ... really really pretty ! Isn't it wonderful to have something so lovely and unique to wear on such a special day ! Very pleased for you! :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

I am very excited to wear this, reception is in 5 days so it's down to the wire!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

dk168|1413626808|3768978 said:
I take it the centre stone, an Aventurine cabochon is missing in the pic? :confused:

I like it as it has clean lines and not overtly fussy as some of the ones I have seen.

Thanks for sharing.

DK :))

No it is there, I just took the picture at the WORST possible angle! :rolleyes:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Fabulous

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Oooooo the wedding is getting closer !! :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Omg congrats!!! Hope your day turns out perfect, and if it doesn't, stay cool and remember to enjoy the day. So exciting right? :clap:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

If it rains, you are in luck. If a bird poops on you, you are in luck.

In other words, any "bad" thing that may happen is an omen for a long happy life together! Have a blast and come back to us with tons of pictures!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Yeah so close! Today is "Syrup day", a day in which I cook all the syrups for the various recipes. like the spiced sangria, peppermint syrup,, syrup for the hot butter beer, and a personal favorite raspberry bay syrup for our cheese tarts for cocktail hour!

:)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

ckrickett! Yum!!! Do you need a taster, just to make sure everyting turns out ok? lol!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1413985365|3770934 said:
If it rains, you are in luck. If a bird poops on you, you are in luck.

In other words, any "bad" thing that may happen is an omen for a long happy life together! Have a blast and come back to us with tons of pictures!!!

tons and tons :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results