shape
carat
color
clarity

My jeweler laughed at my trillions

DL

Rough_Rock
It is more unique and everyone that matters love it. Nothing better than that! Who knows maybe you will start a new trend ;-)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't tend to like sharp shapes but you ring rocks! Keep it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely prefer the trillion setting Nala! It looks fab on you! I don't think it has an 80's look to it at all.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
If you like it, then just enjoy it and don't worry about public opinion. You don't need to have the approval of the general public, and you're free to choose whatever you want. You have something unique. Yes, there were trillion sidestones on rings back in the '80s. One of my favorite styles then and it's still a favorite now is the marquise center with trillion sidestones. If a beautiful ring looks "'80s style" so what. How is that a negative? Some rings look Victorian, Edwardian, '20s, '30s, '50s, '70s, whatever. The '80s are just another data point on the continuum of evolving and changing styles. If everyone had scrapped the 1920s Art Deco platinum diamond bracelets, look what we'd be missing out on today. Keep it, wear it proudly, and enjoy it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ONLY opinion that matters really is yours; not some bitter, jealous salesperson. How do YOU feel about it? If you love it, then there you have it. I love trillions myself, so I am firmly in your camp. ;-)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you added context, I think I understand more now. I've worked "minimum wage" (what a peon!) retail jobs and my intentions weren't to be a jerk, but corporate tends to make salespeople ask the most bizarre questions to gauge shopping tendencies. I doubt it has anything to do with you or your beautiful ring. As for the jeweler, yours is a jerk. And Leon Mege? He does beautiful work but I wish someone would tell him to "just shut up and make my ring the way I want it." He is not the last word in jewelry design. Your diamonds are fabulous.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala-

To be honest, when I first saw the ring (and I never saw it before this thread) the proportions reminded me of one of my rings. It reminded me of a red spinel flanked by diamond pears that I have which has been very, very much admired on Pricescope. I have to go look for a picture of it to refresh my own memory of how it looks in a picture. But if I post it I think you will agree that the proportions are similar to your diamond with the trillions. Suffice it to say that I like the proportions of your stones.

Deb/AGBF

mynewspinelring10.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love your ring and to me the proportions work well.
That wasn't very nice of him, just ignore him.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Screw him.

He's just trying to make you insecure so you'll buy a new setting from him.

I think your ring is lovely.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you asked, I do like the one with baguettes better. Baguettes, pears, and rounds are my favorite side stones with a round center. But as everyone has said, all that matters is what YOU like!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't pay any attention to Leon's comments about side stones. I looked up his page on side stones. He thinks about every other kind of side stone is cheap looking and beneath him.

Your ring is beautiful. I lit up when I first saw it in the other thread. I hope you can get past the few comments getting you down. I understand how that can happen, though. Best wishes to you, Nala.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think our jewelry selections are as much a personal preference as our clothes, shoes, handbags and color of nail polish. Your ring is pretty and it makes you happy.

I hope you continue to love and enjoy your ring.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very rude and he is wrong too, your ring looks great, I too like the overall impact very much and I think it looks unique this way.

You know this is so common that one jeweler puts down the work of another. You cannot worry about it. I mean they do this to my own pieces that I am wearing. They each have different ideas and that is ok but they each think one knows better than the other. Now if you think about it, they will tell you that your ring sucks because then you may choose them next time but it is not very smart because putting down your jewelry is not the way to build up trust and confidence.

Fake, well, sometimes when something is very nice quality and large people will say that. I have even had a jeweler tell me one of my yellow diamonds looked like zirkonia to him because it had such intense color. Ok. They can think that but as jewelers they should be a bit more knowledgeable. You cannot worry about them or people who are not in the trade. People also make comments on my jewelry saying they like this one it is great but the other one is not nice because... fill in whatever. Again this is all about taste and be proud to wear whatever you love. Of course it feels great when someone compliments on your jewelry but if not, you should continue loving it. The main thing is that you and your family loves it.

BTW, I am not a three stone person but I much prefer your ring to the setting you had on your list as the second option. Your ring stands out among three stones. Congrats!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love it, screw them! I will never understand why anyone dares suggest someone's ring is fake.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like your wall of bling look, which is amazing! I would assume that your jeweler said that with good intention as he deems himself a jewelry expert and would like to help you out. But ignore him cos PS is always ahead of trend. And you can be a trillion trendsetter. As for those who asked if it was fake, don't shop there again as they're too ignorant and can't possibly help with your jewelry purchase. Don't second guess yourself. Your reset is really beautiful :appl:

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Agreed with everyone about the jeweler's comment being totally unprofessional and uncalled for, but in terms of trillions being deemed "dated"... I like to think of them as more rare these days. And rare = a reason to cherish even more! I wish I could see more rings with them as I really think they look lovely! That said though, I agree - PSers are always ahead of the trend AND I wouldn't be surprised if they made a comeback since vintage items are being brought back more and more these days! All that matters is if you love it, and indeed it is a very very pretty ring!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just one more thing to add - that jeweler's behavior stinks! YOU have it, you LIKE it - duh! What I love about my local B&M guy is he NEVER makes me feel bad about anything - and doesn't try to sell me stuff either. His bench guy has seen my really good stuff and my really iffy stuff and treats me with the utmost respect no matter what.
Twice I had really upper-end stores snub me - one was when I was getting my DH a Rolex; of course I ended up somewhere else. Do they not want to foster a longterm relationship? Twenty years ago, When I went to Betteridge to look at wedding bands the uber genteel saleswoman with the grey hair and the big broach could not have cared less - it was like she was going to doze off - she said "Are you done?" YUP - I was done!!!!!

Haha - I'm actually remembering one more - this guy had actually sold my DH a lot of stuff, including my wb. He also had so called "estate" stuff that really ran the gamut. I brought in an emerald ring from Bailey Banks and Biddle - so mall quality, but really pretty. He handed it back to me like it was a turd. He easily could have said "it's lovely, but I'm just not getting many requests for emerald these days."

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sidestones/3 stone rings aren't my personal taste, but I still think it is beautiful. I wouldn't give that jeweler any more of my time or money with how unprofessional he/she was.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw your thread title, "My jeweler laughed at my trillions", I thought this thread was about how jewelers didn't want your money. :lol:

Enjoy your beautiful ring! :love:
That butthead doesn't deserve your trillions.

screen_shot_2014-10-15_at_11.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results