shape
carat
color
clarity

First harvest strand from PP

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look lovely on you. :appl: Gorgeous necklace!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl Girl - Yours is a true statement necklace! The pearls are fantastic and the design tdf! I too can't wait for more pictures! Congratulations!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! All of the different overtones just POP out of your necklace. I love the spacing when they are short....I can't wait to see them when they are long! That is just one gorgeous necklace! I am so drooling over it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Hope you are enjoying your new necklace. I'm curious to know how people react to these beauties irl? I mean, I'll probably be too busy staring at them if I'm your coworker. :lol:

And yes, loads more pics in different lighting condition please. :appl:

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
This is my second day wearing it and so far none of my colleagues have said anything, but there are several other women here that I know of who own serious strands of Tahitians and SSPs so I'm sure I will get comments from them once they see it.

I'll try to get some more photos over the weekend - I think I'll enlist my husband to help with the photography.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1411608641|3756622 said:
This is my second day wearing it and so far none of my colleagues have said anything, but there are several other women here that I know of who own serious strands of Tahitians and SSPs so I'm sure I will get comments from them once they see it.

I'll try to get some more photos over the weekend - I think I'll enlist my husband to help with the photography.

You know what you have! I see friends and clients looking at mine a lot, but say nothing. I know they don't know what they are, but they seem curious with their eyes. Some day they will ask. I never see anyone in my city (Land of OZ) with Tahitians on ever, but I don't mind. :dance: :dance:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Girl -- don't take it personally. I wear pearls every day and I get maybe a handful of comments PER YEAR! I truly believe most people don't even recognize what I wear as pearls unless they are round and white -- and the vast majority aren't!!! Lavender pearls? Plastic. Crazy fireballs? Ceramic. Souffles? Metal. That's what I think people think...

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Where are you, Frost Me? I'm in Sydney. I work in a relatively formal workplace and see other women wearing pearls quite a lot but they're usually small white freshwater strands. There are a couple of ladies in the building with Tahitians and one very senior lady with an amazing strand of round white SSPs, but outside of work I very rarely see anyone wearing pearls. I think bsomlo is right, I think people don't quite know what they're looking at when confronted with mismatched Tahitians, souffles or anything that isn't readily available from a B&M store.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
Pearl Girl, that is maybe the ultimate tahitian necklace EVER! just beautiful! adding to requests for more neck shots - that beauty just begs to be worn every day! :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me -- Don't assume. As famously stated elsewhere, it makes an "ASS of U and ME". It seems to me that people are pearl blind everywhere.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl Girl HI, I would love to see more of your stunning harvest strand, I am here in the Mid West waiting!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to second Bsolmos statement. I don't have near her collection but I do have a few nice strands. I go to a jeweler down here and they have a lot of beautiful pearl pieces (with really high prices) and they are the only ones who seem to know what I am wearing. I go to other jewelry stores or high end stores and people think they are beads. I am pretty heavily tattooed so they never take me seriously until they see either my handbags or shoes. But you know what, that is one of the things I love most about Pearls. I know what treasures they are, I know their value and since not many people know I feel safer wearing them, and I get a little thrill knowing I am wearing them to impress me, and no one else.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett -- Exactly!!!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckricket - Love your post! Well said.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1411771480|3757588 said:
Frost Me -- Don't assume. As famously stated elsewhere, it makes an "a$$ of U and ME". It seems to me that people are pearl blind everywhere.

I'm luckier I guess. My colleagues seem to like my pearls - I've shopped for one and gave another's wife a quick crash course using my pearls. Even had a food stall helper commenting on my "expensive looking" pearls (one of my tahitian ropes). I do notice a fair number of women wearing pearls in the business district and shopping malls (mostly taitais).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Will you stop with the taitais already! Geez!

(For our newer members, before Icy Jade's hiatus, there were jocular discussions regarding "taitais" -- I think in reference to my double strand of souffles -- if I remember correctly? The perception in her neck of the woods is that larger pearls are worn by "taitais".)

***Tai tai (太太) is a Chinese colloquial term for a wealthy married woman who does not work.***

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
But it is really the case over here, NOT a perception. It's not like in Philippines where EVERYONE seems to be wearing pearls, from office ladies to Starbucks baristas. In fact I just spotted some nice pearls on a few taitai's who were (immaculately coiffed and made up) having tea at TWG (expensive tea cafe) in Ion (swanky mall) when I was there this week.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It turns out that "taitai" actually means "lead wife" in polygamous marriages!

It originally referred to the wife of highest status in a polygamous marriage, many would like to believe this meaning has fallen away and that it now refers simply to a privileged, wealthy lady, this however is incorrect and the usage referring to the 'lead wife' continues, especially when the other women are concubines. Pearl Buck uses the term to describe Madame Liang in her novel, Three Daughters of Madame Liang.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - Well said! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results