shape
carat
color
clarity

Evaluation on ASET image for cushion diamond needed please!

Caity

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I have been on the hunt for a cushion diamond for an engagement ring. I have looked at a few diamonds and have requested ASETs for three of them from James Allen. Two of them weren't worth showing, however I like the look of this one. Could you please evaluate the ASET image for me and tell me whether you think it looks like a good choice? I will also post a link to the actual diamond so you can give your full opinions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8e561gsr91720y/305297.jpg?dl=0

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.92-carat-e-color-vs2-clarity-sku-305297

Thank you in advance!

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock
Re: Evaluation on ASET image for cushion diamond needed plea

Hi I'm sorry but it seems to have been sold? Did you purchase it already?

Caity

Rough_Rock

CalmerPalmer|1412871457|3764861 said:
Hi I'm sorry but it seems to have been sold? Did you purchase it already?

Thanks for your reply, don't worry I have it on hold!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it looks pretty good. It does have a little leakage around the edge of the table but I think this is
typical for this type of cushion.

BTW, this is my favorite type of modern cushion cut. You don't find many of them.

Caity

Rough_Rock

tyty333|1412871940|3764867 said:
I think it looks pretty good. It does have a little leakage around the edge of the table but I think this is
typical for this type of cushion.

BTW, this is my favorite type of modern cushion cut. You don't find many of them.

Tyty333 it was you who found it for me and sent me the link on a previous post, thank you very much for that as it is now my front runner :) I don't suppose you could find me an example of how this facet pattern looks on a diamond when not zoomed in like this rotating image? I am wanting to see what this pattern will look like when in a setting but I can't seem to find one.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great!

You can use the scale on the right hand side of the picture to scale it way down. Then you can click on the stone/picture
to hold it still. It't not perfect but it might help.

I dont know of any examples of this faceting pattern in a setting. I'll look around a little and see if I can find one though.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

way better than average. very nice.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I finally found pictures of one...

The stone that you are looking at is a Cushion Brilliant 8 main and I found one in the cushion thread.

This thread

www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/cushion-cuts-a-collection-t135031-210.html

Page 8, poster "cushioncutnut", 7th post from the bottom of the page. There are 3 pictures.

Like I said, you dont see many of them so pictures are going to be hard to find.

Caity

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much for finding those photos for me, I was really struggling! The results of the facet pattern really do look lovely! My only dilemma now is, do I go for this diamond, or do I see what Good Old Gold can find for me, and risk losing this?!! I'm very undecided! Do you think that overall it's a very good choice or is it just ok? Thanks for all your help.

Caity

Rough_Rock

JulieN|1412873827|3764886 said:
way better than average. very nice.

Thanks for your reply JulieN, I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you think it looks good :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results