shape
carat
color
clarity

Too Much for a Mans Ring?

craighnt

Shiny_Rock
So I have 6 old mine cut diamonds I dont know what to do with. They are pretty beaten up. 2 of them have really large feathers. They measure about 5.5mm in dia so i am guessing about .7 -.8 carats each. And yes, all the female relatives and friends I know have nicer diamond already so this is purely a lark for me. They have sentimental value and came from one ring as a cluster. From talking to people, I discovered that is called an illusion setting because the diamonds are supposed to be seen as a group and therefore are usually lower quality. So I cant really do several solitaire rings. Plus it would cost me a fortune.

Have been looking at some pics on the internet for ideas. Thinking of this as sort of a mans cocktail ring, if there is such a thing. Obviously not something I would wear to an office. I kind of like the first one but not in love with any of them. Maybe 1 ring with 3 stones and some cuff links and a lapel pin, mans necklace for the stones with the big feathers? Comments or suggestions?

photo_oct_08__4_28_32_am.jpg
__kgrhqj__pqfcpgec3p6bq3__ch_9___60_57_0.jpg
250x250_3622a.jpg
6st_0.jpg
e828_12_0.jpg
platinum_diamond_5mm_flat_court_shape_wedding_ring_grande.jpg
108185.jpg 049.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they close enough in size that you can do a channel set half eternity ring of sorts?

ETA
Realized I forgot to vote. #1 for me too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have to be a ring? How about a pair of cuff links, or a tie clip, or a bangle/bracelet?

If they were mine, I would have a chunky ID bracelet made.

DK :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like rings 1, 3 and 4 but I really love 1. It looks sort of tool-like which is appealing to me. It looks like a ring my husband
might wear for special occasions.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No. 1 gets my vote.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Personally, I love the idea of a very fancy pair of cuff links ... three stones each, people don't look at the clarity as closely, and it makes a very stylish impression. Lots of dudes have men's rings, very few have diamond cuff links! Talk about a statement piece. :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 for me too. The next two look a bit dated to me. Have you considered a scatter band with them gypsy/flush set into the metal?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i like the pendant designs that you have shown. i also like the idea of cuff links.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Ring #1 is really cool. I am saving it in my inspiration folder for when I surprise my husband with a guymond someday. You could do that and cufflinks, and still have one leftover for a tie pin or something.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Number one is far and away the best.

It's masculine yet blingy. Love it.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond cufflinks or tie pin sounds like the best option given clarity issues. The design can reflect your interests somehow like this example of a tie pin below. If you're leaning towards a ring, I'd go with alternating diamond and another stone design. Either sapphire or black diamonds.

tie_pin.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1412771891|3764197 said:
Does it have to be a ring? How about a pair of cuff links, or a tie clip, or a bangle/bracelet?

Is there a Dr.D in the house?.. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1412782968|3764302 said:
dk168|1412771891|3764197 said:

Is there a Dr.D in the house?.. :bigsmile:

Eh, no. ;-)

However, I did have a chunky ID bracelet in platinum gifted to me by my mum when I was young, sold it when my taste in jewellery changed with age, still have fond memory of it though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of all the suggestions I like the first ring the best.

craighnt

Shiny_Rock
Wow, alright everyone likes number 1, seems to be my favorite too. Actually been eying that one design for a while because it looks masculine and blingy without being dated. Also like that there are not traditional prongs and the cuts will let light in from the sides.

I like the cufflinks idea, but I dont wear them that often so I wouldn't want to throw all of them on there but maybe the two with the big feathers there might work. How long dose anyone notice cufflinks anyway? Unfortunately, have not found any modern designs that I like. They seem to all be a field of micro pave or very antique which is not my usual style. Any ideas?

What do you think about incorporating the last single diamond into a lapel pin? Would it look to much like a woman broach? The seem to have been making a comeback lately in Hollywood. Stumbled on this add, only it wont work for my size diamond.

http://vimeo.com/68176504

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Ring #1 is a really interesting man's ring, masculine and attractive. Most men's rings are usually awful looking.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
craighnt|1412771325|3764190 said:
This is my favourite! It's kind of industrial looking, which I gravitate towards in mens jewelery.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #1. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results