shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream periwinkle sapphire ring!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this lovely stone and setting on LT a month ago and I am so glad I did! It is blindingly sparkly all the time and shifts from a bright periwinkle blue to a gentle lavender/ violet indoors. I love all of its personalities. It really distracts me when I am driving. It is such a gentle, beautiful stone with a gorgeous cut. It cost $100 to redo the prongs but it was worth it. Thank you, Freke!
Specs: 6.9 mm, 2.28ct, eyeclean, looks like it is from Sri Lanka according two a couple of reputable jewelers and unknown heat treatment but "likely heated" according to one jeweler and probably unheated according to my jeweler. I have no clue but love it either way.

2014-10-03_18.jpg

2014-10-03_0.jpg

2014-10-03_2.jpg

2014-10-03_1.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more.

2014-10-03_3.jpg

2014-10-03_4.jpg

20141002_170653.jpg

20141002_170218_0_0.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is a special sapphire!! Anything from Freke is guaranteed to be the real deal & a lucky find. You did great!! It looks so pretty on your hand too -- and its varying colors are phenomenal. :love:

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really looks awesome on your hand. Beautiful.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
ohhhhhh that is very sweet. I wait for the day I win the lottery and Freke decides she no longer wants her beauties. <lives in hope>

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing colour. Your ring is stunning :appl:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I just love the sapphire and ring.

Think you'll send it to a lab someday to check if its heated or unheated?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly breathtaking. I have a real special place in my heart for sapphires. They have always been my first love!
The center round flanked by generous diamonds is the perfect setting. I'm drooling!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color on that stone, love this! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. I love the color and the setting and I can see why it is your dream ring. :love:
Wear in health and happiness!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAYYYY!!!!! So glad you love it!! It looks really great on you and works perfectly in the setting. :appl: :appl: :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1412376877|3761693 said:
I bought this lovely stone and setting on LT a month ago and I am so glad I did! It is blindingly sparkly all the time and shifts from a bright periwinkle blue to a gentle lavender/ violet indoors. I love all of its personalities. It really distracts me when I am driving. It is such a gentle, beautiful stone with a gorgeous cut. It cost $100 to redo the prongs but it was worth it. Thank you, Freke!
Specs: 6.9 mm, 2.28ct, eyeclean, looks like it is from Sri Lanka according two a couple of reputable jewelers and unknown heat treatment but "likely heated" according to one jeweler and probably unheated according to my jeweler. I have no clue but love it either way.

Very nice, but it could also be African. I have an African (Tanzanian) sapphire very much like it, but it doesn't shift to violet.

I love the chunky faceting, looks like an old cut diamond. Enjoy!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I was sooo jealous when you got this stone, lol!! I'm happy for you too, though :). I think it is flat out beautiful. Enjoy!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
So pretty :love:
And the proportions of the side stones are perfect.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely - congratulations on snaffling a real beauty that looks gorgeous on your hand :appl:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love that sapphire, such a beautiful color, my favorite!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, man, that's just gorgeous!! Wear it in good health :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
NICE!! I can see why it's distracting!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :love:
and it looks so good on your finger, too!
congrats...enjoy being distracted!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I'm so glad you got it all put together! I debated keeping this sapphire for so long, but I have too many in the same color. I'm happy it went to sch a great home! Enjoy it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful! :love: Gorgeous color and such a lively and sparkly stone! Wish I could see this in person!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! It looks fabulous on you.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a few more pics here of it beside orchids in bloom here to try to show the lavender colour and because I can't stop taking pictures of it. We found an old wasp nest and it looks really cool in it!

Laurie, Minous, MrsCornishWed, Acimom, stracci, lknvrb4, missy, nkotb, lula, starzin, MT, mochiko, kelli, moviezombie, junebug, and kzizo: Thank you for your warm compliments! It is a very special stone and I do feel so lucky to have it. I think it won't be leaving my hand! I always thought I loved darker blue sapphires but there is something so peaceful about this stone. I have a terrible habit of pulling out my hair so I am going to stop and get lost in this stone whenever I feel the urge. It has been working so far.
Loverskites- thank you! Maybe one day I will send it out. Too bad there isn't a coloured stone lab in Canada!
TL- If I ever send it to a lab I will definitely post the results here - I would love to know where it was mined! Good to know that it may be African. Thanks!
Katharath- I am so sorry that you wanted it too! I am glad you like it and am sure you will find something similar- you always have great finds!
Freke- Thanks again for passing this beauty on to me. It is a CDH ring for me now and won't be passed on except to my girls!

2014-10-06_10.jpg

2014-10-06_1.jpg

2014-10-06_3.jpg

2014-10-06_4.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last ones. I promise!

2014-10-06_6.jpg

2014-10-06_7.jpg

2014-10-06_11.jpg

2014-10-06_8.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring; I feel so cold gazing into its refreshing minty blue colour. By minty, I do not meant it has a green modifier but that it is a gorgeous icy blue.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Sowmya -

Truly, I am happy you got it!! I couldn't have afforded it at the time regardless, so I'm glad it went to you!! I was teasing, but wanted you to know how much I really like it and that I am glad for you :). It's such a lovely gem and looks beautiful on you. I really know what you mean about liking the lighter sapphires - after getting educated (I remember years ago thinking that darker meant "better", lol), I always had a preference for medium cornflower blue. However I have found that I also love the periwinkles and lavenders too... So many wonderful gems to love!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, gorgeous stone & ring! It looks beautiful on your hand, and I LOVE the color!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1412615611|3763002 said:
Beautiful ring; I feel so cold gazing into its refreshing minty blue colour. By minty, I do not meant it has a green modifier but that it is a gorgeous icy blue.

It is so refreshing! And peaceful when it takes on lavender tones mixed in. I am completely enchanted by it. Thanks Chrono!

EndlessSummer, thank you for your warm compliment! I am starting to like lighter tones on me!

Thanks Preg!

Katharath, I know you are fine with it:) Thank you! It is funny how our tastes are evolving along the same lines at the same time!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire! The set together is just beautiful. I am also partial to the lighter colored blue sapphires as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results