shape
carat
color
clarity

Simple Pleasures

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I was reflecting on this today. What are some of the simple everyday pleasures that make life just nicer.

For me:

Clean freshly washed sheets. Love getting into bed with clean freshly washed sheets. One of the best feelings.
A really good, perfectly prepared (however you like it) cup of coffee. Num. Just want to savor each sip.
The purr of a cat that loves you. And that slow blink they give you to go with it.
Cool shower when you are hot and sweaty.

What are your simple pleasures?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything you have listed! Oh I so love fresh coffee in the morning and clean sheets right from the dryer. Add some happy kitties to the mix and perfection.

Some other simple pleasures for me. Just sitting on the couch with my dh not even talking. We could just both be doing our own thing whether it be reading a book, being online or listening to music. It's just so nice to be next to each other not having to talk or break the silence. Peaceful and easy.

Watching the sunrise and sunset from our backyard at the beach and hearing and seeing the waves. Very calming and it makes me happy and I am looking forward to going back there to be able to enjoy these simple pleasures.

Listening to whatever music I am in the mood for and I like many different varieties. Sometimes it is classical I am yearning to hear and sometimes it is 70's/80's alternative. And at times I want to hear Chet Baker or Billie Holiday for a good cry. It really makes me happy to hear whatever music I am in the mood for.

And most recently for me which is a very simple pleasure for most-just being able to take a walk around the neighborhood and soon hopefully on the beach.

What a wonderful world it is when you can partake in so many simple pleasures and thanks for reminding us of this Gypsy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, What a great thread. Gosh there are so many of them I dont know where to begin.

Hearing my husband tell me he loves me.
Nothing makes me happier than the little face kisses I get from dog every morning as she's cuddled up next to me.
Looking out my my back windows and seeing the pond, trees and flowers puts me in a good mood evey morning.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
- the crisp snap of the air on a perfect autumn day

- walking in the rain

- when my kid runs to hug me and slams into me in his enthusiasm

- knowing I've gotten some turn of phrase just right

- and, ETA, quite obviously once I look over my list: italics

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pets, a cat and a dog, they love their mum and not just because I feed them.
Driving my car, especially after a tough day at work.
A nice hot shower to kick start the day.
A nice cup of coffee just the way I like it as part of breakfast.
The freshness in the air after a thunderstorm.
Watching lightning strikes across the sky.
Good food always cheers me up, and they do not have to be expensive or fancy.

To name a few.

DK :))

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the same camp as clean sheets & the first cup of coffee n the morning, absolutely love. Top 2 for me.

I'll add also: a freshly cleaned house. Oooo la la!

These are & have been my top 3 simple pleasures.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So many great pleasures.

I don't drink coffee everyday. I probably drink a cup once every two weeks. But I do love it.

Freshly cleaned house is RIGHT at the top for me. Adore that.

Sun rise and sunset are wonderful. I need to go out and appreciate those more often.
And music! Great simple pleasure.

I want to add fresh flowers. They don't have to be fancy. Just a bunch of whatever looked nice at the store. Love those. They make me smile.

I MISS the crispness of Autumn. It's still summer here in Nor Cal. But I do love that feeling. I love the crisp feeling right after a snow flurry too, and the look of everything blanketed and all white and new. Don't get that in Cali either, but I remember it and love it.

ETA: Husband telling me he loves me. That's a great one Callie. Really great. And easy to take for granted. Thank you.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Gypsy, You can come visit me anytime this winter. If this winter is anything like the last one, I'm sure there will be snow for you. We could have a GTG in Chicago too! Now that would be a simple pleasure!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
New England in the fall

Being the first one up in the morning -- I love quiet mornings with a cup of tea or sometimes coffee, and a good book.

A clean house

Having time to read for fun (never time these days though)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1412629171|3763173 said:
Hey Gypsy, You can come visit me anytime this winter. If this winter is anything like the last one, I'm sure there will be snow for you. We could have a GTG in Chicago too! Now that would be a simple pleasure!

Okay so... you want me to voluntarily fly to Chicago in the middle of winter?

Actually, it sounds like fun. Except for the fact that every BLEEPING time I step foot on a plane these days I get sick for weeks. Case in point: Flew to NJ on the 19th for a wedding. Still sick.

Someone needs to invent a teleportation device.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having someone else brush/dry my hair. I have very long thick hair, and I hate washing it because it takes so long to dry! It's really a nice pleasure to have someone else do the work, and I find it feels extra nice and pampering. My boyfriend used to try to braid my hair too which was kind of nice.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes. I haven't had my hair brushed by someone else, just slow relaxing brushes in ages. Okay. That's on my list of things to ask DH to do soon.

Great one telephone!!

You guys are great at this!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I walked down the back with my 6 year old, the sun was shining, we picked mulberries off the mulberry tree/bush, the purple juice stained our hands spreading like blobs of ink, then we picked limes off our little lime tree, juggling an armload of limes back to the house the aroma of their zest mixed with the ocean breeze, Charlie our littlest Scottie zipped around our ankles....... it's spring here!!!!

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
+1 fresh laundry!! Sometimes when the mood strikes I like to bury my face into a fresh pile of laundry before folding them :rodent:

I have some weird ones to add:
1. the intial "ooooooooo!" when someone sees something I've made for them and then the "MMMMMMMMMM!" after they taste it (assuming all went well, of course)
2. smell of my dog's feet ...heavenly! (some people say their dog's feet smell like corn chips, but my dog's don't smell like that)
3. arm/back tickles (preferably until I pass out!)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking off my bra as soon as I get home and putting on PJs :))

A really strong imperial stout on a cool crisp night :))

RHONJ & RHOBH :clap:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. Mulberries. I ADORE Mulberries. You lucky lucky lady.

I miss Australia. Enjoy spring!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1412638582|3763323 said:
Taking off my bra as soon as I get home and putting on PJs :))

YES! OMG YES! That is just a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
alpackie|1412638353|3763318 said:
+1 fresh laundry!! Sometimes when the mood strikes I like to bury my face into a fresh pile of laundry before folding them :rodent:

I have some weird ones to add:
1. the intial "ooooooooo!" when someone sees something I've made for them and then the "MMMMMMMMMM!" after they taste it (assuming all went well, of course)
2. smell of my dog's feet ...heavenly! (some people say their dog's feet smell like corn chips, but my dog's don't smell like that)
3. arm/back tickles (preferably until I pass out!)

Normally I'd say "That's not weird, don't put yourself down like that". However... yeah, those are a bit weird. The SMELL of your dog's paws??? :lol: :lol: Weird, but awesome.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Getting a What's App from my daughter with a funny picture of my grand daughter Ellie Lou.

nice-hairw.jpg

Captioned: Mom! I can't believe you're sharing these photos!!! Might as well start saving for my therapy now.

Wink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink|1412641233|3763348 said:
Getting a What's App from my daughter with a funny picture of my grand daughter Ellie Lou.

nice-hairw.jpg

Captioned: Mom! I can't believe you're sharing these photos!!! Might as well start saving for my therapy now.

Wink

Oh my goodness. What a fantastic picture!! Love it.

Thank you for sharing that!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being bathed by the light of a full moon;
Since it's fall and my favorite season -- the slow turning of the leaves into spectacular color and the musky aroma of the earth in our hemisphere getting ready to sleep;
silence;
the crackling of a fire;
the look in my husband's eyes when he sees me;
a fine glass of wine paired with a superb piece of chocolate.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
just thought of another worthy of posting, top 3 has grown to top 4:

Stepping OUT of the shower after that hard workout--so so nice...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1412641330|3763350 said:
Wink|1412641233|3763348 said:

nice-hairw.jpg

Wink

Oh my goodness. What a fantastic picture!! Love it.

Thank you for sharing that!

Haha, precious picture Wink and beautiful beautiful granddaughter. And that caption...priceless. :halo:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walking in to lit candles on the mantle.

Good bread.

Cold cat noses in the morning.

Remember to buy coffee filters (and the coffee that follows).

When a movie you love and have seen 50 times comes on and you get out the comfy blankets and make it 51.

Piles of cool pillows when you're not feeling well.

A long walk early in the morning when you have the streets to yourself.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh I have lots!

Waking up or falling asleep to rain.

Having my morning cup of tea.

The way snow can make things feel so peaceful sometimes.

Lighting our fireplace, lighting a bunch of candles, drinking hot chocolate, and watching a movie.

The fall is my absolute favorite season. Something about the way the air smells brings back a lot of bitter sweet memories.

The way my bulldog wags his tail when I come to kiss his sleepy self goodbye in the morning.

The way my rescue dog can't contain her excitement when I come home.

My moms hugs and the late night chats my dad and I have outside in our backyard.

When my mascara turns out well - its a good start to the day.

Decorating my home for Halloween and Christmas! So festive, it makes me extra happy.

How excited my husband gets over my cooking.

Snuggling under my covers on a wintery night.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random hot air balloon sighting on a clear afternoon.

Personal snail mail in the physical box.

Swapping food or favors with neighbors. Today it was fresh pears for homemade vegetarian chili and chocolate chip cookies.

Picking persimmons with my toddler last week, rolling down the lawn with her like I used to when I was a kid, then staring up at the sky watching the clouds.

Deadheading flowers. Not sure why, but for me it's the most relaxing, pleasurable activity. Same with steaming the wrinkles out of anything. Mindless, yet strangely soothing.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1412643989|3763374 said:
Random hot air balloon sighting on a clear afternoon.

Personal snail mail in the physical box.

Swapping food or favors with neighbors. Today it was fresh pears for homemade vegetarian chili and chocolate chip cookies.

Picking persimmons with my toddler last week, rolling down the lawn with her like I used to when I was a kid, then staring up at the sky watching the clouds.

Deadheading flowers. Not sure why, but for me it's the most relaxing, pleasurable activity. Same with steaming the wrinkles out of anything. Mindless, yet strangely soothing.

Very cool that you and your neighbors do that! I wish I could do that with mine!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoying that first cup of coffee in the morning with a warm cat on my lap

A nice cup of home made chai with my DH after work on a cold day

Lighting nag champa incense on a lazy Sunday afternoon

The smell of banana bread in the oven

Kitty kisses on my eyelids at bed time

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching a beautiful sunset from the Family Room. We are very blessed to live on top of a ridge line.

sunset_from_fr.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet hugs from my granddaughter and the anticipation of the arrival of our newest grandchild.

I so love the clean house, clean sheets - wonderful!

A good night's winter sleep snuggled in the covers and my hubby.

Coffee is wonderful!

The anticipation of another Christmas season - I love Christmas!!

Going out for a nice, relaxing dinner with great food.

My high energy little puppy settling down to snooze next to me - she rests as hard as she plays.

Hot bread and butter.

Anything chocolate - the richer the better!

Sparkles - diamonds, snowflakes, crystal - love them all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results