color
clarity

Help finding a light pinky peach spinel

mystmeree

Rough_Rock
I'd be happy to post pictures once I receive it! :D

mystmeree

Rough_Rock
Here are some pictures of the spinel. It seems to look darker in the photos than in person. I took these in the morning when it was overcast. I'm not sure I want to keep it. I like the color but it seems to have a small window.

20140928_102512.jpg

20140928_102344.jpg

20140928_101614.jpg

20140928_095806-1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trade-off with going with an almost colourless coloured stone is that any cutting flaw will be magnified, compared to a darker coloured stone. In actuality, the window is very small but because the colour is very light, the eye is drawn more often to the window. There is only one picture that shows the very small window. The rest of the pictures show a tilt window, which again, is more obvious when the tone is very light. A more enclosed type of setting should help mask the window and tilt window.

mystmeree

Rough_Rock
Ah sorry, I was posting these from my phone and just saw half the pictures are turned on their side!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It kind of reminds me of an antique cut with an open cutlet (or a window to some people). Some people may find that open cutlet to be charming and others may not be able to tolerate it. You have to decide what camp you're in. If you like the color, but not the cut, it's not an uncommon color in spinel, and you may wish to keep looking.

mystmeree

Rough_Rock
I've decided to keep it. I went to the jeweler today and tried it in the setting. I loved it. It should be ready by the end of the week. I'll post pictures when I get it!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Exciting!!! Can't wait to see! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your new dreamy pinky peach stone and upcoming new ring. How exiting for you!
What setting did you choose for your stone or is that a surprise for the end of this week.

mystmeree

Rough_Rock
Nah, no surprise. I choose this Coast diamond ring.

_287.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaah... It will be so delicate and feminine. I am looking forward to admire the finished ring on your finger. Great choice!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
So pleased for you that the trip to the jeweller turned out so well for you and resolved your indecision!! :appl:
How terrific to have it by the end of the week - looking forward to seeing it set.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, what a lovely ring!
I love the delicateness of the setting with the suprise diamond in the gallery and the soft rosy feel of the soft pink stone. It looks great on you :appl:
Does it live up to your expectations?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really looks great - it sure looks like the window is closed!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was quick! Quick AND lovely to boot!

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THAT is a gorgeous ring! Congrats!! :appl: :love: :appl:

mystmeree

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm pretty happy with it. I was surprised by how much it sparkles. I'm going to have to get used to the color changing. It seems to range between light pink to light violet. This wasn't the best time to get a new ring, I'm pregnant and my poor fingers keep swelling but I hope I can at least wear it a few more months. ;-)

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations - light, bright and very pretty :appl:

So pleased for you that you were able to get it so quickly - love the surprise diamond too. Congratulations on the bub also :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your pregnancy; you can wear it on different hands/fingers until it no longer fits and can look forward to wearing it again once the swelling recedes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results