carat
color
clarity

Real Pearl Headband

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Does anybody know of a vendor that makes Alice bands out of real pearls? Like this one in the link below from Accessorize, but with genuine pearls. The price of AA and AAA freshwater strands in approx 7mm isn't very expensive, so perhaps a headband wouldn't be, either. I'm just not sure how they would make it stiff like a band. I guess the pearls would have to be mounted on a frame. But the one in the picture doesn't seem to have a frame. Hmm.

I like this one for $13, but it just struck me how much nicer it would be to have one made of real pearls. You'd think someone somewhere would do them, but I couldn't find anyone. It's a sea of bridal tiaras out there.

http://us.accessorize.com/view/product/us_catalog/acc_5,acc_2.12/6860271300

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are probably strung on steel wire, for strength and flexibility. The pearls would need quite a large hole (I would probably use 1.2 or 1.4mm wire) and the finial could be screwed or lasered on. Considering that the pearls would have to be quite tight together, the screw option is probably best.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Lady Disdain. If I were to ask PP to make one for me, this info will be very useful.

Flygirl, thanks so much for finding that real pearl headband for me. It's lovely. I might order it. I see they have others, but the price bracket is a little high for me ($650). But the one you posted is $175. I'm definitely going to think about it. Thanks so much for finding it - it's really pretty! Will be sure to post if I do get it.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I purchased a real pearl headband a couple of years back as a gift from a vendor on Etsy. Let me see if I can find the details. She had all different prices and they were well made.

eta: It was jpfaccessories. It looks like she's on a break while relocating, but says you can contact her for her reopening date.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had saw that pearl collective headband when I was figuring out my wedding head attire. It's so pretty!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results