shape
carat
color
clarity

Singlestone, ERD, Gap for Wedding Band

luvvdub

Rough_Rock
Longtime lurker with an old cut diamond in a setting that is in pretty rough shape. I would like the diamond to take center stage with no distractions and I would like it to look as large as possible. I was thinking of maybe getting ERD to make the ring. I want a small gap between my e-ring and wedding band.

Here are some ideas. What do you think? The Singlestone with modifications so my wedding band will fit closer or a 6 or 8 prong similar to what is in the pictures.

_22956.jpg

3_rings.jpg

_22957.jpg

_22958.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll tell you, I'd use Caysie van Bebber over ERD. She is just a better designer and her CADs are superior. She has made some gorgeous antique style rings. If you haven't seen her work, do a search on the Show Me the Bling forum. She also has a Facebook page called CVB Inspired Design. Lots of great pictures there!

I personally like the second and third pictures the best. I think the first one is hard to get right. I remember someone here having that ring actually made by SS and it didn't turn out as she had expected.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally don't agree that Caysie is better than ERD.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the profile of the original Single Stone:

_22960.jpg

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
I might be wrong but the side angle images look a lot like some trumpet and horn rings (Asheville) in particular. Have you thought about calling them no asking them if they have resources to recreate those designs? I know that they are "new" and not widely known on pricescope, but may be worth a shot to call them and ask if they have a resource. Worst they can say is no. Then I would try ERD as I think they do the best reproduction second to single stone.

luvvdub

Rough_Rock
Do you think I could combine the top view of the SS ring with the profile of the second picture? I also like the box around the earrings l but I would want a square shape instead of an octagon.

Diamondseeker, Do you think the top of the SS ring will be hard to replicate?

Acinom, are you thinking about changing the entire basket style?

Travelgal, yes, they are trumpet and horn rings and that's a good idea to call them. Thanks!

Is CVB as reasonably priced as ERD?

octagon.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1412396907|3761843 said:
I personally don't agree that Caysie is better than ERD.

I agree. I see ERD put out some pretty amazing pieces. Caysie's are nice too, but I would choose ERD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results