shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone planning on seeing Gone Girl?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't remember the last time I was this excited to see a movie. Just wondered if anyone else is planning on seeing it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Going Oct 3rd in the morning 8-) . I read the book and thought it was very clever. Plus I love Roseamund Pike from
Pride and Prejudice with Keria Knightly. Hope its good!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I loved the book, but the casting is SO off from what was in my head ... I saw Reese Witherspoon as Amy waaaaay before she got involved behind the scenes, and Josh Duchamel for Nick. The more conventional Hollywood casting of pike and affect kind of throws me out of the story. In the other hand, Neil Patrick Harris is SO perfectly cast ... ;-)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It so fun to hear who everyone had thought would play the characters. I was afraid they would cast Gywenth Paltrow as Amy and I couldn't picture that at all. I must have heard or read something about someone thinking she's be good. I also thought Niel Patrick Harris was perfect.

I'm plan on seeing this with my nieces and sister in laws. We can't wait! My husband has also told me I have to see it with him.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I started a book club back in January and this was our first book. Most of the people in the club are people I work with. We are all taking off at noon to go watch it on Friday :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see it even though I hated the book because I couldn't stand the characters. It was well written but I didn't have much sympathy for the couple.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed the book but like Zoe I didn't like the main characters. They were whiny and not likable IMO. Though the book was a good read. I would love to see the movie when I am able to sit for longer periods of time without needing my leg elevated. So for now I will just wait to see what the reviews are and will probably end up seeing it on Netflix or Amazon prime video or something like that. For all of you who do see it in the movies enjoy and let us know what you think of it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, I will see it; no, did not read the book.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never heard of it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
***This is not a spoiler if you haven't seen it or read the book!***

Saw it! I thought it was very good! I read the book. It did leave some stuff out from the book but nothing I thought was
necessary.

Ben Affleck would not have been my first choice. I dont know if it was just this movie but it seemed like every shirt
they put him in made his arms look too short for his body (or maybe they really are???) I thought Rosamund Pike and
Neil Patrick Harris were perfect for their roles.

I definitely recommend it!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! But I want to read the book first.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Seeing it in two hours...SO excited!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Tonight at 7 pm. I read all three of her books and absolutely loved them!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just saw it. I did not read the book so didn't really know what to expect. Wow. So screwed up! It was good. Not the best movie I have ever seen but original concept. The actress was very good.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1412371560|3761643 said:
Tacori E-ring|1412370543|3761624 said:
Just saw it. I did not read the book so didn't really know what to expect. Wow. So screwed up! It was good. Not the best movie I have ever seen but original concept. The actress was very good.
Funny you say original concept...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Laci_Peterson

See the movie. Might seem like the Laci Peterson story but trust me, so not the case. It was wild with lots of twists and turns.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1412372598|3761656 said:

See the movie. Might seem like the Laci Peterson story but trust me, so not the case. It was wild with lots of twists and turns.
I've already read spoilers from the movie, which is why I want to read the book haha. The author also states its not 'technically' based on this case, but sees how there is similarities.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1412373690|3761666 said:
Tacori E-ring|1412372598|3761656 said:

I've already read spoilers from the movie, which is why I want to read the book haha. The author also states its not 'technically' based on this case, but sees how there is similarities.

Unless I was watching completely different news coverage on the Laci Peterson there are only two similarities I can think of. The main one being her being missing. I do think Ben may have kinda channeled Scott Peterson for the role. They kinda look alike. I did not read the book so am not sure if the movie stays true to the original story. My mouth was hanging open most the movie and I am NOT easy to shock.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Just saw it. I read the book and really enjoyed both the book and the movie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results