shape
carat
color
clarity

so close to the end! come advise!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once a blue moon ago, I had a princess cut ring, that *might* look like what you are trying to describe? although this can be adopted very easily for an elongated gem as well.

Claude Thibaudeau is a designer with something similar.

and other inspiration rings :naughty:

and just because I love this design, and not what you are looking for but had to try anyways :wacko:

princesstensionlikedt.jpg

claudethibadeaubarset.jpg

bar_set_radiantthreestone.jpg

emerald_bezel_1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's spooky DandT as the round brilliant trilogy (from your inspiration pictures) is exactly what my e-ring looks like and the one on the left the setting for my chameleon - posted above!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1412362488|3761523 said:
That's spooky DandT as the round brilliant trilogy (from your inspiration pictures) is exactly what my e-ring looks like and the one on the left the setting for my chameleon - posted above!

I love those designs and you have Great Taste! :love:

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful sparklesluver! Thank you so much for thinking of me. Hopefully it's still there if this doesn't work out.

dandt ... you've got it! I love those thank you!! and I actually love that alternative n-w semi bezel!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, glad to hear those pictures helped!

and just to give you an idea of how thin a bezel can be, this is my n/s semi bezel although the "cup" does taper in and there is additional metal so that the diamond actually *seats* a bit inside (hidden) since my setting is a bit enclosed

semibezel_dt.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
That's a very pretty ring- is the diamond coloured of just particularly warm (or is that light play and the gold)

I have a warm diamond that is languishing in my jewellery box. was thinking of having it set in a similar design actually (but if I go half bezel for this I may rethink as I don't want too similar rings.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed|1412365932|3761566 said:
That's a very pretty ring- is the diamond coloured of just particularly warm (or is that light play and the gold)

I have a warm diamond that is languishing in my jewellery box. was thinking of having it set in a similar design actually (but if I go half bezel for this I may rethink as I don't want too similar rings.

its actually a GIA fancy greenish yellow brown diamond, but because of the 18k yellow gold and how it is set, it looks very yellow IRL, my picture above makes it look washed out :sick:

Is your warm color diamond a different shape? if so I think it would be beautiful to have two similar ring but different shape gems, and it wouldn't necessarily look the same if you added maybe one extra diamonds here and there :naughty: ...

leibishpicdt.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
It's lovely! The diamond I have looks almost very light champagne when placed next to whiter stones. who knows what I'll do with it. . but that's a thread and project for another day. This ring first then I'm on the market for some peridot drop earrings I've decided. ..look what you've done to me!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: soooo many options :love: :love: :love:

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
IT'S HERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE

*I understand if I'm booted off ps on account of the photos that are about to follow. I now have hand cramp from take photos and trying not to drop the stone, oh and I ravished it in fingers prints too.

20141013_191040.jpg

20141013_191024.jpg

20141013_191009.jpg

20141013_190930.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
It's dark here (about 7.30pm) and I'm only just home from work so can't take any daylight shots.. so ive just roamed about the house under all our various lighting.

My phone makes the stone look more saturated than it is, irl the colour is almost soft and the ends sparkle, I'm finding my first up close experience of a stone cut like this fascinating too.

I was seriously giddy with delight when I opened it. And my first feelings are that I really like it.. It definitely immediately felt like I'd gotten exactly what I'd hoped for, but knowing how cs behave under various lighting I'm going to play with it for a few days. It's so beautiful though... The colour is very delicate and just how *I* picture my cornish ocean seafoam.

20141013_190456.jpg

20141013_190436.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty. Take your time to check it out under various lighting conditions (and do be careful not to drop it).

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I've put it away.. I'm tired and it made me all shakey! Lol if I dropped it anywhere in the house I'm pretty sure I'd lose it forever or crack it on the kitchen stone floor. I need some tweezers.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if it's of any help to you now, but my e-ring is a fully bezelled tourmaline (set in platinum). I've been wearing it daily for nearly three years now, and it's held up very well other than some very slight facet abrasion and one tiny scuff on the face. The stone darkened slightly when it was set, which is actually what I was after as I wanted a rich peacock sort of colour, but I designed the gallery to sort of look a bit like a peacock's tail on shape and to let light in. It might help you out a bit with visualizing some ideas for your half-bezel.

Oh, and I LOVE your stone. It's absolutely stunning and definitely evokes a feeling of the Cornish beaches.

_23209.jpg

_23208.jpg

_23210.jpg

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful- what a gorgeous rich colour!! It's so simple and classic, how long have you been wearing it now? Thank you so much for sharing. I love it

I've sent my general thoughts over to the jewellers and I'm looking forward to seeing what they think. I'm going to take it to my jeweller too and see, there's also a place nearby that markets themselves on their coloured gemstone stuff alone so I'm going to pay him a visit too. Get a feel for it. Ultimately the cornish tin is the biggest factor at play for me, but he says they won't use rose gold with the tin.. I've asked why, maybe it is obvious to you guys?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
MrsCornishWed, the stone looks pretty.

TL, thanks for the link to Tsavvy's post. Very pretty ring.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic color! The cut also gives off a cool and soothing feeling, just like the sea. :)

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Oh! I just found this pic in my inspirations folder (no idea if it belongs to a PSer - if it does, I LOVE YOUR RING) and it struck me that the proportions of the centre stone look a bit similar to your own. Might help in terms of visualising lay outs of side stones.

_23226.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

MrsCornishWed said:
I was seriously giddy with delight when I opened it. And my first feelings are that I really like it.. It definitely immediately felt like I'd gotten exactly what I'd hoped for, but knowing how cs behave under various lighting I'm going to play with it for a few days. It's so beautiful though... The colour is very delicate and just how *I* picture my cornish ocean seafoam.

Yay! :appl: I'm so happy for you. This is the reaction you deserve to have! :) The stone looks very pretty and peaceful yet full of life.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys... In the interest of keeping you guys in the loop - I know you hate it when posters leave a thread open ended!

I adore the stone and really cannot wait to have it set, however- it looks like it may not be set as quickly as I imagined,......It seems that, at long last. .. We are growing a different project! So our funds are about to be claimed elsewhere for the next 9 months. (And 18 odd years)

I hope to have my ring set done soon, and I absolutely promise to come back and show you when it's at home on my finger.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic! Congratulations!!!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Both on the stone meeting all your expectations and your "other project".

BTW - PS has forums/threads for that too, have a look around ;))

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Just stopping by to say I just love your stone! Congrats! :love:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my! I just saw your mention of your latest "project!" Congrats on that, as well!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whhohoo! Beautiful stone, so lively and bright!. and congrats on the new project.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty stone you have! Glad you like it upon receiving it!!! Just wanted to say that I really like the setting that IntoTheMystic posted, that is gorgeous! I'm with others that think the rose gold will look great with it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new long term "project". Still, I hope to see your new stone set sooner rather than later. :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Congratulations on your "special project"! :dance: How exciting! And I'm with everyone else when I say I can't wait to see what you do with your stone. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results