shape
carat
color
clarity

1.475 H SI1 - Reserved & looking for a nod from the experts!

memogensen

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

I have reserved this 1.475 H SI1 BGD blue round and I am hoping to get a vote of confidence from you guys.

The folks at BGD have confirmed this stone is eye clean from all angles and distances. On the AGS report I see there are a number of feathers, crystals, clouds and twinning wisps noted. Should I be concerned about these findings?

The images (Ideal Scope, ASET, etc) can be found here: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.475-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104074030027

Thanks again guys for all the invaluable education you have given me over the last few months!

Matt

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 1.475 H SI1 - Reserved & looking for a nod from the expe

I'd trust BGD on this one. and, although I don't know what price it is, I'm guessing an eye-clean SI2 is a great value

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

oh, looks like an SI1. seems like a good deal to me.

memogensen

Rough_Rock

My apologies, it is indeed an SI1...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BGD are pretty picky with their stones. Eye-clean from any distance?

Looks to be a beautiful stone!

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock

This is about the best deal you could possibly get.

BGD - known for the best quality cuts
1.475 ct - right under 1.5, so you avoid the 1-2k price jump
H color - sweet spot in terms of color
eyeclean SI-1 - big price drop from VS2 and you won't tell the difference
Fluorescence - drops the price another 1k for no negative effects

I'm so jealous! A 1.5+ ct H VS2 (which is much easier to find) will easily run you 15k+. So you my friend, have hit the jackpot!

memogensen

Rough_Rock

That is music to my ears roqsteady! I have been keeping my eyes out since the beginning of the year, while trying to learn as much as possible, and I thought this stone seemed to be a great value! Since I am a newbie, I thought I would seek some confirmation on the ideal scope and the ASET...

memogensen

Rough_Rock

Is anyone able/willing to please chime in on the aset & ideal scope images on this diamond? I'm planning to finalize my purchase this afternoon and would feel much better w/ another set of eyes verifying my rookie take on the images.

Also, if bgd has verified this stone is eye clean, I shouldn't worry too much about the inclusions (Feather, crystal, cloud, & twinning wisps), correct?

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Matt

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

memogensen|1412703595|3763719 said:
Is anyone able/willing to please chime in on the aset & ideal scope images on this diamond? I'm planning to finalize my purchase this afternoon and would feel much better w/ another set of eyes verifying my rookie take on the images.

Also, if bgd has verified this stone is eye clean, I shouldn't worry too much about the inclusions (Feather, crystal, cloud, & twinning wisps), correct?

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Matt

All BG Signature and Blue stones are going to have excellent idealscope and ASET images. I agree that it is a good buy at just under 1.5...very rare to find that!

I don't think you need to worry about the clarity since they say it is eyeclean. But I would also always ask if it is eyeclean from the sides if it will be set so the sides can be seen.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A beautiful stone!... :love: :appl: nothing to worry about.. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results