shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, you have an outstanding collection. The pistachio strand is amazing just amazing, that green gold toggle is great. I am like you, I can't wait to see this strand in (IRL) in real light.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay I am thrilled you are the one who got the pistachio strand. Here is a picture of them before they were made into the strand. It is truly a one of a kind strand.

natrual-color-pistachio-and-blue-greens.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo, I have confirmation that the pistachios are mine! I should have them next week.

Fly Girl, it looks like you will get your chance to see the pistachios in person at the 2015 Ruckus. I can't wait to see the new beauties you've been collecting IRL.

Genkibird, I love the picture of your bird and pearl earrings. I really like the provoked baroque set with the bezeled diamonds, and I think your heavy ear wires look great with the pearls.

CRDKeshi, I missed out on 2 pieces I really wanted the first day of the sale, and after that I got a bit obsessive about checking the site regularly. Most of the postings were between 11 am and 1 pm Pacific, so that's when I really paid attention. Yesterday, I was just checking all day because I figured some good things would be coming the last day.

Krissi, I love the shape and colors of your pearl. I think the amethyst would go well with the colors of the pearl, and I like the idea of using a trillion with the point down. The one thing that would concern me is that the amethyst is wider than the pearl. Usually, I would want the bottom item on the pendant to be wider, but maybe it will be okay because the amethyst will come down to a point above the pearl, and then the pendant gets wider again.

Dulcinea, that is one gorgeous pearl. I was looking at that yesterday, but then it was gone. I bet it would look great with the little h pendant setting. I love your user name.

Frost Me, thanks for the compliments on my collection. Before I discovered the pearl forum earlier this year, my collection consisted of a few strands of round, white akoyas, akoya earrings, and a small black Tahitian pendant and earrings. I've discovered a whole new world of colorful and baroque pearls, and I've gone a little nuts. (In my defense, it had been over 5 years since I bought any jewelry, or done much of anything for myself, due to various family health issues, 2 kids, a remodel, etc., so I decided to make up for lost time, lol.) I decided I will only buy pieces I love and think are really special.

4Ranch Girl, thank you, my friend! I am very excited to see them IRL. Thank you for that picture. (Those blue-green pearls look pretty yummy too!)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay let's do lunch in a couple of weeks. I will have the "fat sisters" by then plus the S of C peanut. You have gotten a bunch of newbies that I NEED to drool over :love:

The blue green pearls in that picture are the ones that everyone have been snapping up during the "C" sale.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Genkibird - Your earrings are beautiful and I love that you included youir friend in the picture! What a cutey!

krissy7 - I think your idea of pairing the amy with that multi-colored pearl is great! I think they will compliment each other.

Dulcinea - Congratulations on your new blue pearl! So many here have been lucky to get these unique pearls!

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Genkibird- Beautiful earrings. I especially love how you changed out the wires for higher karat gold ones. They look substantial and compliment the larger pearls. And how adorable is that bird!!

krissy7- I'm looking forward to seeing the final piece. The purple of the amethyst really goes well with all the colors in the pearl.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Mom's pearl arrived today! It was a really nice surprise, as i didn't receive an email saying it was shipped, so I assumed I wouldn't get it until next week. Here is a neck shot of the pearl mom ended up choosing from the second batch Erin sent. She will most likely choose a finer chain for usual wear, but this chain was on hand.

_22908.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Pencilcase, I bet your mom is thrilled with her new pearl ... AND her most thoughtful daughter :)

Kay, I'll hope to see all your new beauties during next year's Ruckus! This last pistachio strand is the topper; SO HAPPY you got it :) As for me, I finally caught 2 Carved Tahitians, each very different, so I'm happily engrossed in talking to Chenai about what to do with them (sympathies to the endlessly patient, cheerful and talented Chenai LOL) ... thinking one enhancer and one multiple pearl pendant to be worn on a long chain ... ? it was a fun sale and made a lot of lovely friends here very happy.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pencilcase, that's great, just in time for Eid! May she wear it in health.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Pencilcase, you mom's pearl looks beautiful, and what a happy surprise that it arrived so quickly. I hope she really enjoys it.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful pearl! I'm not the best at reading photos - is it blue/green with a hint of purple at the top? You must be her favorite daughter now lol!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1412231221|3760421 said:
Kay let's do lunch in a couple of weeks. I will have the "fat sisters" by then plus the S of C peanut. You have gotten a bunch of newbies that I NEED to drool over :love:

The blue green pearls in that picture are the ones that everyone have been snapping up during the "C" sale.

When I picked up my package from FedEx last night, I was wondering if you had the "fat sisters" yet and thinking we needed to get together. The next few weekends will be crazy with tax return prep and my daughter's 6th birthday party, but October 25 or 26 would work for me.

I am wearing the double strand you picked for me today, and I am in love! :love: Thank you so much for helping me find these! :appl: I took some pictures, which I will post tonight after the girls are in bed.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pencilcase, the pearl you bought for your mother is beautiful -- what a great gift! I would love to see more close-ups of the pearl.

CRDKeshi, I look forward to seeing what you do with your carved Tahitians. Thank goodness the lovely Chenai is so patient with us as we go through the design process. I seriously considered buying one of the carved Tahitians, but held off because I really want one of Chi's carved pearls with an opal nucleus. I'll have to put it on the shopping list for the next Hong Kong trip. My daughters' birthstones are opal and pearl, so I think it would make the perfect Mother's Day gift (for me to pick out for my DH and girls to give me, lol.)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Update on my Tahitian Drop purchased at the beginning of the sale. It is the 9.6 mm Tahitian that I posted on the first page of this thread. I had it set in a 14 kt yellow gold little h drop setting and it arrived today.

I love, love, love this setting and this pretty drop. It is just what I was hoping it would be...better color and luster than the Tahitian rope from last month's sale, but still related colors since they are from the same lot of pearls.

drop7_9211.jpg

_22924.jpg

drop7_9203.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1412290090|3760921 said:
4Ranch Girl|1412231221|3760421 said:

When I picked up my package from FedEx last night, I was wondering if you had the "fat sisters" yet and thinking we needed to get together. The next few weekends will be crazy with tax return prep and my daughter's 6th birthday party, but October 25 or 26 would work for me.

I am wearing the double strand you picked for me today, and I am in love! :love: Thank you so much for helping me find these! :appl: I took some pictures, which I will post tonight after the girls are in bed.
The 26th works best for me because I work on Saturdays. Hopefully I will have the "fat sisters" by then. I can't wait to see what Jeremy has done with them.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl I really, really like the bale you chose and that pearl has so much luster and color. You are one very lucky girl :appl: :appl: :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1412300788|3761009 said:
FlyGirl I really, really like the bale you chose and that pearl has so much luster and color. You are one very lucky girl :appl: :appl: :appl:

:))

Thank you, 4Ranch Girl! :dance:

I can hardly wait to see your "fat sisters". Mine are wonderful, but I expect yours will be gorgeous beauties! :sun: :lickout:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That little h setting is so very pretty, as is your pearl.

Wear them in health!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, your new enhancer/pendant is Beautiful! I just adore that little H setting :)

Kay, I am unsure of what to do with my 2 carved Tahitians yet. PP is holding for a few days while I think it over ... I may just have them sent so I can see colors in person etc. I am just enchanted with that little H setting Fly Girl has been using, but don't think it will work for my carved ones. Those opal centered pearls Galatea has must be amazing in person, sigh ... I wondered if the full strand PP had in the September sale had any of those on; when I blew up the photo I thought I spotted one, but not sure. I so wanted to buy that strand ... it never got marked sold, but disappeared from the website a few days ago; hope it went to a good home. Did you see Kevin's photos of Galatea carved freshwater pearls?

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl..... I love your new enhancer......that setting is a perfect match to the pearl, and it looks great on your necklace. Thanks for posting pictures.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the sweet comments! I know people usually post shots of the actual item first but i went ahead with a neck shot lol.
pkinnew- you read the picture exactly! the colors didn't seem very pronounced when worn, but they all popped up when viewed with my camera's macro mode.

dscn1635.jpg

dscn1643.jpg

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
pencilcase|1412346151|3761327 said:
Thank you all for the sweet comments! I know people usually post shots of the actual item first but i went ahead with a neck shot lol.
pkinnew- you read the picture exactly! the colors didn't seem very pronounced when worn, but they all popped up when viewed with my camera's macro mode.

Those colors are simply beautiful!

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
This is fabulous. Your photo makes me all the more certain I want to set my loose pearl in this same setting! Looks great with your string of tahitians.

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Kay said:
Dulcinea, that is one gorgeous pearl. I was looking at that yesterday, but then it was gone. I bet it would look great with the little h pendant setting. I love your user name.

Thank you Kay! :)

krissy7|1412204879|3760201 said:
Glad to hear it shipped! Happy for you, and can't wait to see pictures when you receive it.

Thank you! I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. I always pick ground shipping, thinking that it's only a few days and waiting won't be so hard, and then I end up tapping my foot in impatience. :bigsmile:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...so many beautiful pictures since I last checked in!

Pencilcase: your Mom's pendant turned out beautifully! It's a gorgeous pearl and the setting is so simple and yet works so well with it.

Flygirl: wow. Fantastic combinations of your new Tahitians, and the new little H enhances goes so well with them! There are just so many combinations that you can do, all of which are stunning!

Dulcinea: congratulations! So glad to hear that it worked out!

Kay: Can't wait to see all of your goodies! What a selection you are going to have in the mornings getting dressed! I'm so excited to see all the IRL shots of your WSS and the new Pistachios! Did you get your ruckus strands yet? (I'm wracking my brain to try to remember if you have posted shots of them yet).

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really looking corward to seeing everyone's new treasures! What a sale that was!

Fly Girl - The colors in your new drop are fantastic! I would have to wear it long so I could look at it all day!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, your new drop looks gorgeous in the little h setting. It has a lot of presence for a 9.6 mm pearl.

4RG, the 26th sounds great – we can email later with details. Are the fat sisters being strung as a graduated double strand, or is something else in the works?

CRDKeshi, I did see Kevin's photos of the Galatea carved freshwater pearls – very pretty. I wonder what the pricepoint is on those. I could go for a carved lavender strand.

Pencilcase, your mom’s pearl has great colors.

CMD, I just received a shipment with the 2 Ruckus Tahitian strands, the new WSS strand, and my white akoya and Freshadama strands that were being re-strung, so all of a sudden I have a lot more choices when I open my jewelry drawer. I have not taken any good photos of the Tahitians yet (I’ll try again this weekend), but I am going to post photos of the WSS strand below.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
My White South Sea Baroque Necklace with Diamond Cirque Clasp arrived. The 18” necklace is composed of 8.4-11.7 mm AAA freeform baroque white South Sea pearls. “The pearls have a striking white bodycolor with silver overtones and intense luster.” The clasp is a diamond ring with diamond hinges (0.18 ctw).

I love the luster of the pearls and the diamond cirque clasp. I am having fun playing with the clasp in different positions. Based on the size of the pearls and the length of my torso, I think I might prefer a longer length, like 21-22”, if matching pearls are available. I need to decide whether to try to get matching earrings made, or just wear my diamond studs with this necklace.

Glamour shots:

Clasp in back:

wss_freeform_0.jpg

wss_freeform_1.jpg

_22945.jpg

_22946.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The traveling clasp:

Clasp at center front – I think I need a big Tahitian drop on a diamond enhancer to suspend from the circle.

_22947.jpg

_22948.jpg

430.jpg

_22949.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Clasp traveling back up the other side:

That's it for now.

605.jpg

_22950.jpg

_22951.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results