carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, I like the knife-edge band with your ring “twin”. However, I’m with you on wanting some sparkle from my band. I know every time I’ve moved away from a diamond accent band I soon find I miss that little bit of added sparkle. I think the band you posted from BGD would look great with your ering. Of course I am an enabler. I’ll get my bands in the mail tomorrow so you can try them on. I like fall weather too and love seeing all the leaves turning colors. Our tiny tree in the back yard is going to look amazing in a few years. The leaves on it are orange right now. It sounds like you had a busy week at work and you are getting over the “going back to work after vacation blues”. That is always tough. I am trying to eat better too but find my intentions are not always in line with reality. I will continue to try though.

Dee Jay, I hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation!

We had a quiet weekend. I spent far too much time and money in Kmart yesterday. I picked up paper products, detergent and found some tops and sweaters I liked. I worked around the house most of the day. Today I did my dreaded grocery shopping then met Marty after golf for a drink. We stopped at Lowes on the way home. Marty needed brushes to pain the trim on our new doors and I wanted to see if the Christmas decorations were out yet. Some of them were on the shelves already and I found a Snoopy stocking. Score!

I have been reading this afternoon and guess I’d best go cook something for supper. Marty will be hungry soon.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I think I'd regret not having a little sparkle in the band, but would feel guilty for spending money on the plain band so I'd just suck it up and wear it. I think I'll nix the plain band idea all together. We were in Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and they were loaded with Christmas stuff. Too bad I wasnt in the mood to buy Christmas stuff in August. I am unhappy with my weight gain this year. I lost around 75 lbs and I have put back on almost half of it, and I swore I wouldn't do that. Bad habits creep back in when you're not paying attention! Matt joined WW at work today, so hopefully he won't be buying junk which should really help me. I have to get back in the habit of healthy snacks. It's a mindset thing, though. Once I decide to get serious, I can do it. It's getting back to that point I struggle with. Ugh!

Today as long. Meetings all day with no breaks, and I got home at 7:45, ate dinner, and worked again until 10:30. Breakfast was a cup of instant oats before a meeting, lunch was 1/2 chicken salad sandwich and an apple during a meeting, snack was a handful of almonds around 7, and dinner was a hamburger lovingly prepared by my sweet hubby. We walked Lily during my dinner break. We haven't gone far yet, but I'm working my very out of shape self up to the hills and a longer walk. I think I'd fall over if I tried the hill right now! One step at a time. Off to bed-meetings staring at 9 running through at least 5:30-no breaks. I hope I have a can of soup in the cabinet for lunch tomorrow, or I'll be hurting! Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, I know if I had a plain gold band I'd never wear it. I had one of those 4mm comfort fit bands and it was really comfortable made out of nice thick gold but it just didn't sparkle so I returned it in a few weeks. I would go try on some assorted sized diamond bands at the mall. I know the quality of diamonds in them is not great but you can at least get an idea of what size diamonds you like with your ring. I wish I'd done that myself. I wore my 3 pointers today and I sure think they do look the best with my ering. I know it's all personal preference but hey we like what we like, right? You are so right about eating right is a mindset thing. I just can't get myself back to that spot where it's mind over fatter but I constantly continue to work on it. It sounds like you don't get much of a chance to eat much all day. Ugh to so many meetings. Good luck tomorrow!

We've had a lot of rain here today. They put out a tornado watch at 2 and I sent Marty a text that said "Auntie Em, Auntie Em, Save my Bears!" Marty responded with "Flake". It's chilly tonight, I might have to crank on the furnace.

I left roast cooking in the crock pot for supper. We had veggies and potatoes with it and I have stuff for a sandwich tomorrow. Our new little mini-mart at work has baked lays so I'll bet set for lunch.

Have a great day tomorrow!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, I think if you want sparkle on your band you should have it! And that way if you ever went somewhere that you didn't want to wear your e-ring you could use that as a stand-alone ring. I know what you mean abou gaining weight back... I lost about 30 pounds five or six years ago and I've put about 20 back on--with a fair amount of yo-yoing in between.

Curby, I am ALWAYS in the mood to buy Christmas things! I actually need a new tree for my condo because my old one was only 10' and I gave it away when I moved to KC. Now I need a 12' one, but it's got to be narrow or I'll never be able to get close enough to put the stuff on the top if the bottom sticks out to much.

I'm happy to be back from the Virgin Islands! We ate and drank and sat by the pool for five days, and that's really about one day more than my "do nothing" limit. We also went shopping on St. Thomas but all I really got was a Christmas gift for the person I was traveling with (so I guess that won't be a surprise--ha!) and a couple of small things for the CB. My flight back to O'Hare was delayed about about an hour and a half last night due to the air traffic control thing last week, and my flight from St. Thomas to Miami landed with NO BRAKES. They warned us ahead of time and said we were going to land on the longest runway and there would be fire trucks. It was pretty smooth really, we just rollllllllled for what seemed like forever before the plan finally slowed down. It's not an experience I ever really want to have again! Last time I tried to leave the VI our plane got a bird in the engine and we had to spend an extra night because they flew a new part down from the mainland. I seem to have a hard time leaving the VI!

OK, off to do a ton of catch up. I'm actually happy to be at work today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, sounds like Christmas tree shopping for you! I keep thinking I want a little one in the living room but we put ours in the den last year and I can easily see it from my usual seat in the living room. Our old house had a spot where we could put up a 14-foot tree. Even tall Marty had to use a ladder on the top. Your landing sounds like quite a ride. Did you scream like a little girl? I am sure no one would have been amused. I am glad you enjoyed your trip.

Hi Deegee.

I didn’t sleep well last night and was hungry and that made it more difficult to fall asleep. I thought of calling in sick but since I don’t take naps I thought I might as well go to work.

My more challenging employee sure sent a zinger out today that I am sure was directed my way. She came back from the microwave all huffy and said “you can’t even use the microwave around here without being micromanaged”. I was thinking well if you did you job and did it right I would be constantly having to ask you “did you do that?” or “can you go fix this?” Sigh.

I met a friend at her car dealer and we went to lunch then I took her back to work.

Marty and I went out to supper then we picked him up a new monitor for his birthday. Looks like he is headed to the UK and other places on Monday for 3 to 6 weeks.

We are getting snow in the mountains here today. Boo.

Have a great Thursday.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-marty called you a flake? How rude! I'm sorry about your personnel issues, and at the same time I'm doing a little happy dance because I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore. Picture Snoopy when he does the little dance on the Christmas special...hee hee! Matt has to go out of town next week and I told him absolutely not because he changed jobs and I wasn't allowing him to travel anymore. Don't think my opinion matters. 3-6 weeks for Marty? UGH!

Dee*Jay-we did 2 Christmas trees last year because ee now have a foyer and it seemed like it needed a tree. We bought the tallest real tree we could find for the family room and pulled out an artificial tree that was huge in our old house for the foyer, and it looked almost comical! I told Matt were either buying a much taller artificial tree for the foyer or we'll get a real tree for that too. I'll attach a pic. Don't laugh.

My brain is mush and I'm going to bed. Food today-1/2 donut for breakfast, cup of healthy choice soup in between meetings for lunch, and a bowl of lettuce with grilled chicken on top for dinner. I had a handful of almonds around 4:30 for a snack and I'm drinking a before bedtime beer. I was too tired for a walk this evening, but I should have gone anyway. On a good note, our PM told the vendor that an occasional lunch meeting was okay but they were burning us out with meetings all day and They needed to at least allow us a lunch break. They cancelled the rest of the lunch meetings for the next 2 weeks. Woo-hoo! Have a great Thursday!

Here's my super shrimpy 8ft tree in the foyer from last Christmas. It looks so teeny!

_22878.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, my response to your employee would have been to say, "People are generally micromanaged out of necessity." Snow in the mountains -- oh no! I mean, I know this happens every year and all, but winter is always such an unpleasant suprise to me for some reason!

Deegee, LOL on your x-mas tree! I really don't know what I'm going to do about one because I'm going to be in Tahoe for three weeks in December so it's almost a waste to put one up. Plus then I have to store the damn thing. We'll see... Good for your for getting the lunch meetings cancelled!

Last night I had "cocktails on the veranda" (aka, sitting in collapsable lawn chairs in my parking spots) with my neighbors because it was just PERFECT out. Cool enough for a fleece jacket but not *cold*. I slept OK but there was rain in the forecast so I had one ear cocked all night for that. Ug. I can't WAIT for all this to be fixed!

Speaking of the flooding problem, the CB finally got all the bids assembled and sent them over to the condo board president yesterday. The middle bid, which is also the one that is the most thorough and from the company the CB has the most confidence in to do the work properly, is about $20K. That number is if the fix is an "easy" one and no digging up of the parking lot is required. The president balked at the number, saying he thought it would be more around $5K. I don't know where he got that idea, unless he was thinking of one specific part of the work that the CB had guestimated would be about $5K when they first started talking about it, but it is what it is. I may have to start pushing hard to get this done, and I WILL, but I would rather they just see the damn light and get ON with it!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday. :wavey:

Deegee, I love the shot of your Christmas tree. I think it looks great! I agree that Marty is very rude calling me a flake. He calls me a putz too. Weird. I have no idea where he gets ideas like that. I love the little Snoopy dance. Now whenever that girl is driving me crazy I can think of the Snoopy dance and Dee Jay’s great comment and have something to smile about. Woo hoo to your PM for telling the vendor to cancel your lunch meetings. I sure hope that trend continues! You need that break from everyone and everything.

Dee Jay, I completely laughed out loud in my office today when I read response great response to why someone is micromanaged. That is absolutely spot on and a perfect answer. I am never thrilled when winter comes back and puts all that white slick stuff all over the ground. Cocktails on the veranda sounds really fun. Maybe when we get neighbors we can do that around here too. Good luck getting the board to finally agree to get the work done and fix the problems at your place. What a long, drawn out process. That is a tough call whether to put up a tree if you are gone most of Christmas. You can get one of those little fiber optics trees. I might look for one of them for our living room.

IT had a lot of issues today so we were off most of our systems all afternoon. I was working on updating procedures so I didn’t care.

Marty cooked supper today so I was done with dishes before 6:30. Now that’s a treat! Marty had major hardware put in his mouth for braces today and of course I’d picked tacos for supper. He smashed up his shells pretty small. I bet he’ll be hurting tomorrow.

Marty leaves Monday for 3 weeks then plans on being home a week before going back for a few more weeks. I am not looking forward to any of this. He wants me to drop him off at the airport on Monday morning so he doesn’t have to leave his truck at the airport for 3 weeks. I guess I can go in late to work or just take the day off. I am getting low on sick or vacation days so I hate to do that. The awful part is going back to pick him up in 3 weeks. I get all nervous driving to Denver and in traffic. I am sure both of you ladies are very used to lots of traffic.

We got most of our shades installed today. The ones in the bathroom look great. We had shades of tan, brown and gold in there so we got red, green and gold shades. The living room has a woven wood shade and we plan on living our drapes open all the time and just shut the drapes. Our front door we got a light slate blue for cellular shades to cover up the sidelight, window in the door and the big window over the door. I am undecided on how well I like them. The very top (eyebrow I think they call them) didn’t come in yet. Our plantation shutters are still in production with no estimate for delivery. He said again today we’d get 10% back on them.

Have a great day tomorrow!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, boy your shades and shutters have been a bit of a chore! I think they should give you MORE than 10% back! Let me know if you find any good deals on fiber optic trees!

I'm in the office today since I have been out so much the past two weeks. It's funny to be here on a Friday -- everyone is so laid back compared to how they normally are--HA!

We had rain all night so I didn't sleep a wink. I keep reminding myself that I've got water alarms positioned within inches of every possible flooding source so surely they would go off and wake me up, but still... yawn... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday, Kids!

Dee Jay, I can completely understand why you’d be nervous and unable to sleep when it’s raining. I’d probably be getting up all-night and checking. I think I’ll start searching for a little fiber optics tree while Marty is gone. It will give me something fun to do. If I find something I like I will let you know. Glad you went in to work today; Friday is always a busy day for us but you can tell everyone is anxious to get out of there for the week.

Deegee, have you made any decisions on your band? I got an email from the lady I worked with at Whiteflash to see how my jewelry was doing and if she could help me with anything.

We woke up with snow on the ground today but it melted right away. We are getting back in the 60’s and 70’s tomorrow. Woo hoo!! Marty is playing both days this weekend. He needs to get the sprinklers blown out, the drip system shut off and hoses put up because I know we’ll have lots of cold and snow before he gets back.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday Evening!

Oh Oh, I just found the Charles Schulz museum has a gift store. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Marty play golf today. I slept in, goofed off then met Marty for a drink and we split lunch. We met my sister and BIL for dinner 1/2 way between where we live. My BIL brought us bags of some of his home grown produce. It looks pretty tasty. :lickout: And it is healthy too.

I think I'd best go start a batch of clothes so I have laundry done when Marty goes to pack tomorrow.

I hope you are having a great weekend.
Marcy aka Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Dee Jay, I see you had snow there. Rats. That is a 4 letter word in my book.

Marty is playing golf right now. I am trying to get every piece of clothing he owns washed since he'll be gone 3 weeks he probably will need all the clean clothes he can find.

Have a great day!

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a post all written out on Saturday but for some reason I never posted it. Oopsie!

Dee*Jay-your "cocktails on the veranda" evening sounds quite nice. Do you know most of your neighbors? I bet they sure know you! :) I don't think I'd bother with a Christmas tree if I were you, especially if you aren't going to be there much. They are so much work! I grew up with real Cmas trees, and I told Matt a few years ago that if I had to fluff another artificial tree I didn't want a tree at all. That's when we started getting real trees, but even those are a lot of work. We put up 2 last year because of new house and all, but I'm only committing to one this year. I feel sorry for you, listening for gurgling during the rain. You're supposed to sleep peacefully during rain, you know?

Marcy-Marty has to be gone for 3 weeks all at once? That stinks. Matt is heading out of town this week, but only for a few days. I won't complain. I keep going back and forth between wanting a blingy band (like yours) and wanting something smaller. I'm tempted just to order one like yours and return it if it doesn't work. Of all the pictures I showed my coworkers, your band won hands down! I'm jealous of your bag of home grown produce...so tasty! I bought a bunch of fresh veggies at the grocery store today. For some reason I'm really craving salads. We stopped by the Audi dealer last night to peruse again. They only had one Q5 3.0T (can't remember the other letters) on the lot. It even had the packages I would want, but it was a dark blue color and I generally don't go for dark car colors. I had a black Infiniti that looked amazing...for about 5 minutes after it was washed. The Audi also had a few things on it I definitely don't want (a tow hitch, front licence plate bracket). We need to test drive that one since it has the right engine size, and then look around for the right color/options packages.

My cats are coming down off a high. While I was taking a nap and without adult supervision, they got into the baggie of catnip that came with their flea medicine. Lily, bless her little heart, will rat on the cats any day of the week. She tried to get me up. She uncovered me, she stuck her nose under my head and nudged, she licked my hands. It wasn't until I heard a big crash in the kitchen that I realized she was trying to tell me something. She ran into the kitchen ahead of me and sat there with this look on her face that said, "I tried to tell ya." They had knocked everything from the counter top into the floor, and catnip was everywhere. They were bouncing off the walls for hours. Oy. We took Lily for a long walk at the park today, brought her back home and then went grocery shopping. Eventful day! I worked for about 3 hours this evening just cleaning up and organizing work email. That's hard to do when you're stuck in meetings all the time. Have a great Monday! (Why does it seem like it is always Monday?)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, it has been down into the 30s here but I haven't *personally* experienced any snow so I'm just going to pretend it doens't exist! I did see two people walking around yesterday with gloves on though... and it depressed me mightily...

Deegee, woah on that catnip raid! And LOL on the kitty who tried to notify you that something was going on. Every once in a while either The Demon or Oscar would try to tell me something was up and I learned to be good about paying attention or else the ramifications latter were always worse.

This weekend flew by -- lots of real estate with my clients and putting things back in order at my place. I'm glad it's Monday so I could come to work and rest up a little!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright girls, things have gotten DIRE. As in "need to buy bigger pants" DIRE. I almost convinced myself to go to Kohls tonight to shop for them, but NO. NO, I say! NO!!!

Starting tomorrow I am going to report to you everything I eat. Every. Damn. Thing. With calories, as best I can figure them. Because unless I make myself accountable to someone this is never going to get fixed. I may also get on the scale in the morning, as horrifying as that thought is. And it IS.

I will be away for the weekend so that will be tough, but I will report every sip and morsel until then and do my best to behave while I'm gone. I also need to find a way to get some exercise back into my life. I toy with the idea of walking to/from work becuase it's about 1.3 miles each way but I always come up with some excuse as to why that's a bad idea (rain in the forecast; something to do after work; yadda yadda yadda). But no more!

Argh!

"How did this happen?" I ask myself... One bite at a time!!!

:nono: ;( :angryfire: :o

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I'm with you, all the way! I sucked it up and bought bigger pants, and even those are feeling a little painful around my midsection. I swear my bottom is growing just from sitting in meetings all day. I'm not eating during those meetings, but I'm getting so very little movement in during the day that I swear it's causing me to gain weight. Work is making me fat.

Marcy-Howdy! Did you get Marty to the airport okay? I would be so uncomfortable driving in a big city. Our town is small and I don't mind driving around in town, but the interstate is a whole other nightmare.

I got my hopes up too soon with the no lunch meeting. Today was booked 9-6 solid with no breaks, and the vendor ordered sandwiches for us from Penn Station. Those are so bad calorie-wise. We learned today that there are 115 meetings scheduled between now and December 15. Yay, I so look forward to going to work. Matt is in the process of making chili and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. I had unflavored instant oats with 1/2 serving of peanut butter for breakfast, and a chicken sandwich with no cheese or mayo from Penn Station for lunch. I have sworn off artificial sweeteners, so the Pepsi I had for an afternoon snack was the real fattening deal. After dinner I have a few hours worth of work to do before bed. Have a great day tomorrow!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, I'm going to start having oatmeal for breakfast too. We have it in the office so it's not like it's out of my way or anything. I don't know if we have a measuring cup anywhere though and I'm really bad at that sort of thing. Oh well, guess I'll wing it until I remember to bring in a measuring cup from home (translation: buy one because I have no idea where mine is, ha ha!).

Last night I made the official transition to fall; my nails are now deep Roman Red instead of Pink Pong.

So I walked to work this morning! My fitbit says I have gone 3,796 steps, which is 1.79 miles. and burned 652 calories. Of course it alao says I've burned about 400 calories by the time I wake up in the moring so I'm not putting a lot of stock in that part...

Last night I took pics of myself in the mirror when I got home. The waistband of my pants had left a lovely red mark on my (non-existent) waist so that's a nice little image too. Oy. Any time I am tempted to eat anything I'm going straight to those pics!

Oh... and I weight 146 pounds... :oops: I'm only 5' tall!

One time I was talking to somebody about those charts that give you the "right" weight range for your height. I decided I'm just too short for my weight--HA!

OK, today is going to be UBER productive!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Food report for the day!

30 coffee
30 more coffee…
150 oatmeal
160 soup
80 ritz crackers… five of them
300 potato chips -- I couldn't help myself!
100 apple
130 graham crackers
310 lean cuisine
1290 calories

It seems like more food when I list it all out like that than it did while I was actually eating it...

And my fitbit says I went 12,974 steps for 5.57 miles and 1819 calories burned.

Tomorrow though could be rough... coffee and a donut for breakfast since I have an early closing... lunch with my best friend... and who knows what else. Hmmm... maybe I should be on the Diet Every Other Day Plan - ha ha!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I have worked 2-14 hour days in a row, and I'm sure not cut out for that. The rest of the week isn't looking promising for normal hours either. I've taken a pain pill and I'm officially calling it quits for the day.

Food report:
Plain oats and a banana
Cup of Healthy Choice soup and an apple
Vegetable beef soup, salad, and turkey bacon sandwich
60 calorie Pepsi Next
Serving of pudding made with low fat milk
Lots of plain coffee.

When do I start noticing results? :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday.

Deegee, it sounds like a band like mine is the popular choice. I worked with Brittany at WF. She was quite nice and helpful. What color was the Q5? I see them around town quite a bit. Good idea to test-drive one with the right engine size. Your cats probably had a heck of a hangover after all that catnap. Too funny that Lily kept coming to try and get you to check out what those cats were doing. I hate driving in Denver more and more; there is just way too much traffic. 115 meetings between now and December? I am bored just thinking about them for you.

Dee Jay, I like your philosophy; if you don’t see any snow it simply doesn’t exist. You are at least changing your nail polish over to fall colors. I need to paint my nails but the evening is running out of time. Having lots of real estate clients is a good thing but will keep you busy. Good idea to walk to work.

Ladies I am right there with you. I have on stretch knit pants, my top is too tight and am so stiff and sore I think my body is in atrophy. Dee Jay is right though I got here one bite at a time. I probably won’t fit in a darn plane seat to fly to Phoenix for Thanksgiving. I am trying to at least get up at work and walk to the printer frequently. I do set around too much at work and at home.

I did get Marty to the airport okay. I stopped ½ way home to have breakfast at Denny’s. It was awful. I’ll take my cereal over that any day. I got to work about 11:30 that was kind of nice. It’s like giving myself a raise.

Marty landed in London at 5:30 am. He never went to sleep. He got right through customs, his car was waiting, the roads were clear so he got to work 90 minutes after landing. Today’s his birthday. He said no cake for him he was just going to bed.

Food today: Cereal, some angry bird graham crackers, leftover roast with noodles, 8 oz. Coke, a Russell Stover mint, ½ of a French dip sandwich, a few fries, part of a piece of apply pie and lots of water. I was going to stop and buy some ice cream on the way home but I resisted.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are our new doors and shades.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1412739817.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1412739841.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1412739854.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1412739866.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday Kids!

Work was busy so my day went by fast. I stopped at the grocery store after work to pick up a few things.

I went downstairs to look for a bill Marty needs a PDF of and found trash I needed to put out - that was kind of a messy. There were beer bottles at the bottom and beer started coming out of the bag. Grr. I put the bag in a few more trash bags, mopped up the floor and changed my clothes. He's had a few poker nights so obviously he didn't put out the trash. Mental note: After company get Marty to bring up his trash.

Marty's employer received a notice about his tickets and the police aren't going to pursue them or fine him. SWEET. :appl: :appl:

I got up at 5 to see the lunar eclipse then couldn't go back to sleep.

I am catching up on some DVR stuff and hope to get to bed early.

Food today - cereal, a muffin, soup for lunch, some graham crackers for a snack, leftover potatoes au gratin and hamburger for supper (which I didn't eat all) and a little chunk of Lindt chocolate. I am going to brush my teeth soon because I am still hungry.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, your new doors and window treatments look GREAT! It's awesome that Marty doesnt' have to worry about those tickets. I think I may have gotten a red light ticket a few weeks ago but nothing has shown up in the mail yet...

Yesterday was bad for food:
coffee
GIANT donut
pulled pork sandwich and chips
Pizza

Ack...

Today I'm being better again!

Really!

:cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Dee Jay, I hope your red light ticket never shows. We are so behind the times here they don't have traffic cams. Lucky for me and especially lucky for lead foot Marty. I am relieved they aren't pursuing Marty for his tickets and even more relieved he isn't renting a car this time.

I met a friend for supper at Olive Garden then we went to the mall. I bought some Snoopy Christmas prints - one for a "wrap" around the bottom of my fake Christmas tree and the other for fabric napkins for Christmas. Kays also had their teddy bears for St. Jude's so I donated one of each to the kids at the hospital and bought myself 2 teddy bears. I'll take one to work and tried to have the new one blend in around here He has a blue hat, scarf and booties and glitter fur trim so there is no way Marty isn't going to notice him and tell me he's a sissy.

Work was very hectic. My poor new girl did her least favorite task that took her forever and she got so frustrated she was crying. I felt so bad for her. I need to pull her aside tomorrow and see what I can do to help. I am sure she'll eventually get it but there is just so many different pieces of the puzzle to put together.

Food could have been much better but I did walk around the mall for awhile.

Cereal, 2 mini muffins, a junior hamburger, a few fries, a junior Coke, pasta, salad, a breadstick, wine and part of a piece of lemon cake. They have the unending pasta bowl at Olive Garden so I brought home 1/2 of my pasta plus another bowl for spaghetti with meat sauce. Woo hoo! 4 meals out of one.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*jay-I hope your ticket never arrives! I don't know that we have traffic cams in our little town. I read about them being installed at a few intersections where wrecks happen frequently, but I've never actually seen one. Too short for your weight...ha! I like that. I'm still going with sitting in meetings all day every day is making my butt get wider and wider.

Marcy-your blinds and window treatments look beautiful. I especially like your living room colors. I tend to pick those colors too. I'm jealous that your clock is hanging. Mine is still propped against the wall. The Q5 on the lot was Moonlight Blue, which was very hard to tell from black at night. I want bright blue, like the color on my toenails leftover from my beach vacation. I think the Audi equivalent is Sepang Blue, which is available on the SQ5 and not the Q5. Looks like I'm going to need that bigger engine after all! I feel bad for your employee. I hope she can figure things out. And definitely BOO for the stinky old beer leaking through the bag. I'm a beer drinker, and even I don't like cleaning up stinky beer bottles and spills! I should give Brittany a call. I found a band I like and have just a few questions. Could you have returned your channel band if you didn't like it?

Ladies, I had an epic fall this week. Matt declares this to be my best fall ever in all the history of my falls. I've had some doozys over the years too. You remember I live on a hill... I stepped outside to take Lily for a walk, twisted my ankle on the sidewalk, stumbled over the short retaining wall, and after what seemed like falling, sliding and rolling forever, I ended up face down on the road below. Yep. Matt estimates it to be about a 40-45ft from the retaining wall to the road. Nothing is broken, but I'm getting over a concussion (my 3rd), and I hurt everyfreakingwhere! I find new bruises every time I move. I put in 58 hours for work last week. Monday is a holiday, thank goodness, so I can rest. Food has been good because I haven't really been hungry. Exercise will have to wait a few more days. Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, I really hated to hear you fell down and rolled down the hill. I am so glad you didn’t break anything but OMG your entire body has got to be bruised and sore. A concussion is very scary too; did you black out when you hit your head? I hope you feel lots better SOON. I agree that sitting all day then all night can only lead to butt expansion. I have on sweats today and I’m like OMG – this is AWFUL!!! I didn’t do myself any favors yesterday food wise either. Too funny about your clock still propped up against the wall; I have 2 pictures in our bedroom propped up on the dresser patiently waiting for Marty to hang them up. Every time I see him with tools I mention them. We also have a two-hook hanger I want hung up in the bathroom that’s been setting on the edge of the tub for probably 6 months now. I just know if I tried to hang them up I’d put a hole in the sheet rock or something stupid like that. I looked up that color of blue for the SQ5 – I like it. That’s the color I like in sapphires. I usually want a blue or red car. Which band are you leaning towards from Whiteflash? My band was considered custom since it isn’t normally offered in yellow gold so I would not have been able to return it. They didn’t charge me anything extra though. Since you want platinum I doubt you’ll have that problem though.

Hi Dee Jay!

I had a long list of things to do while Marty was gone and I finished them Friday night and yesterday. Every time the cleaning lady comes I shove “stuff” in drawers and the desk so I got all of that cleaned out plus reorganized a few other drawers. I made jingle bell napkin rings for Christmas, shred my “I’ll shred it later stack”, organized estate papers for what I might need for tax returns next year and wiped out the bottom of some cupboards.

I ran some errands yesterday morning and when I got home about noon found a couple literally dumpster diving out here at the homes being built by our house. The guy was picked up nails (I guess) and she was in the dumpster throwing out aluminum cans, pieces of metal and large pieces of lumber. I came in and put my alarm on “stay”.

My last errand was to get gas and the place I stopped is right by a Papa Murphys (they build you fresh pizza and then you bake them) and I’m like “ooh that sounds good for football tomorrow”. I got myself a ½ Canadian bacon and ½ hamburger pizza and when I got it home it looked so good I cooked it for lunch. I had a piece of each, for breakfast I’d baked some of those Pillsbury orange cinnamon rolls and for supper I had a patty melt. Then I started watching a movie and even though I wasn’t hungry I made popcorn. I ate WAY too much. The pizza place also had little tubs of chocolate chip cookie dough so I bought one of those and made myself a few hot cookies for dessert. I sure plan on being better today.

Marty is in Serbia today. We talked on Skype yesterday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I don't think I knocked myself out, but I was really stunned and confused when Matt got to me. He was still in the house getting the flashlight for our walk and didn't see me fall. He walked the length of the sidewalk to the driveway and didn't see me anywhere, so he walked back to the porch and was looking around when he saw me at the bottom of the hill. I definitely hit the back of my head, but don't know if it was in the ground or the curb when I got to the concrete. I had a horrible headache Wed night through yesterday and it is finally starting to let up some. The back of my head is so sore. I feel a little less foggy in the brain, but I sure to hurt everywhere! New pains are introducing themselves hourly. The band I'm thinking about is a bead set band with 12 almost 3 pointers. Some of the pictures look very prongy, but I know they are very up close pics. I found an old email from Sheerah, so I sent her a few questions this evening. I'll post a pic of the band below. I do the same thing as you when the cleaning crew comes! I have junk stuffed in every top drawer in the kitchen, just to get it out of the way. I never seem to get back to it though. Your pizza sounds wonderful. So much easier and less messy than a homemade pizza. I wouldn't be able to control myself with the tub of cookie dough.

Food today:
Carrots and hummus
Fun size Reese cup
Dumplings, broccoli, carrots biscuit (from Cracker Barrel)
Octoberfest beer-which I am enjoying right now

I got a little exercise today. We needed a bunch of stuff, so we made a Walmart run. I had kind of a hard time and was moving pretty slow by the time we got back to the car. Luckily it wasn't a super Walmart...those wear me out on a good day! I'm off tomorrow but really need to get some work done, so Matt brought a giant monitor from his office upstairs and set me up a little workstation (the ottoman has a pull out tray table) so I can work on the couch. He's a sweetie. Have a great day tomorrow!

Oops. My WF pic has a big logo...that's a no-no.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here it is, logo-free. If I missed it somewhere, I'm going with the concussion excuse. Do you think it is too prongy? The website says its 2.7 mm wide. I've asked Sheerah to confirm the measurements.

_23179.jpg

_23180.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee - Holy sh!t!!! We need to encase you in bubble wrap!!! I'm glad you're doing better, but seriously sister, BE CAREFUL!!! As for the band... I like it but I'm not sure I love it... And part of it is I'm looking at the ginormous version, as you pointed out. I don't know; maybe I would love it in person. What about one that ws only bead set and did have the channel sides too? Does that make any sense?

Curby, I feel for you and for your poor employee. Two jobs ago I managed a couple of women who were proficient... up to a point. Once they reached that point meltdown set in soon after. I loved them to pieces but sometimes I just didn't know what to do with them -- I'm not good with cryers, especially in a professional setting. And I do the same thing when the cleaning lady comes! Sometimes I never find stuff again! ETA: I forgot to ask -- are you going to be in Phoenix for Thanksgiving? We are too so maybe if you have time we can grab breakfast or lunch on Wednesday or Friday?

So our weekend in Lake Geneva was FABULOUS! We had perfect weather, bought a bunch of great stuff, and also got The Biggest Pumpkin Ever for my carving party on Saturday! (Actually they had a few that were even bigger than this but I was limited by what I could fit in the back of the SUV.) The farmer said this weighs between 275 and 300 lbs. It's going to reside in the car until the party because the CB and I sure the hell can't get it out of there by ourselves--the framer had to load it in there with a pallet on a tractor!

I'm not reporting on food becuase I was relatively bad, but today I'm back on the wagon, but we did a TON of walking around so that has to count for something.

_23195.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results