shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, I totally disagree. A lot of my tops and dresses have prints (I happen to like flower prints) and I wear pearls every single day. So I respectfully disagree with your friend.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1411957011|3758400 said:
Well, I totally disagree. A lot of my tops and dresses have prints (I happen to like flower prints) and I wear pearls every single day. So I respectfully disagree with your friend.

I do too.
The more pearls I wear with prints the moreI realize how silly she is.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the delay bsomlo - I was away with little access to the Internet until today. The cord I used is a leather cord I purchased from sandyork on ebay. They have braided and unbraided in a variety of colors and lengths.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
YC - The size of the blue SS is 17x23 mm. And your jumbo white SS strand is amazing! Little moons around your neck!

Confection10 - Your Tahitians are glorious! Love the stripes and multi-color pearls!!! And the length is perfect on you!!!

ckrickett - Your tornado turned out beautifully and I love seeing it with different tops. I don't know about the "pearls with prints" rule but I think you can pretty much wear what you want!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
As far as the "no pearls with prints" rule goes, perhaps your friend should let Jewelmer know. :lol:

Here are some photos from their recent gala celebrating the golden South Sea pearl.

jewelmergolden1.jpg

jewelmergolden2.jpg

jewelmergolden3.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving this article, thank you for sharing cmd2014. Beautiful photographs.

renwea

Shiny_Rock
I love to see pearls and how they are worn. I'm wearing an Edison with a wool sweater.

_22798.jpg

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Renwea....love your pearl on a long chain like you are wearing it, and it looks great with the color of your sweater. Thanks for sharing your picture.

renwea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Krissy7

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, ladies, for compliments :wavey:

cmd2014, thanks for the link of layerd pearls. I'm in pearl heaven :dance: :dance:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - I knew you would love those layered looks! I thought I saw you in a few of those lol!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
renwea - Your Edison is perfect with that sweater! Love it!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I thought I'd try prints and pearls! Here's my T tin cup with stud earrings. I kinda like it! Added - the shirt is much more olive than the pictue shows.

_22814.jpg

_22815.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pkinnew I love that look.

I swear I am going to mention this to her next time I see her

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tin cup to go do some fun errands at the Social Security Office

fullsizerender-5_1.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, a lovely sighting of one of my favorite necklaces, crickett :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely, ckrickett -- but I do think it needs a print as a background. (Tee hee. But truly, it would look great with a print.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1412126386|3759549 said:
Really lovely, ckrickett -- but I do think it needs a print as a background. (Tee hee. But truly, it would look great with a print.)

I am going to wear that very soon.(Going to see her this weekend) I just have to find the perfect print! :lol:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - I just love the design of your tin cup and the way it looks on you!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I'm back to basic black today but I felt the need to bring out the big gun! Obviously I couldn't capture the beauty of this pearl as well as before so I am including pictures from the other post (love those stripes). The colors in the pearl are amazing and the luster is mirror-like. And there's only one tiny pin prick (thankfully in the back)!

_22903.jpg

_22275_1_.jpg

big_t_13_1_.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
One more from today...

_22904.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love that huge drop, pkinnew. I love how you are styling it in creative ways.

Today was my tie-dye shirt in aqua and grey with my Tahitian rope from the August PP sale. The aqua color seems to kick up the green overtones in the pearls. :))

drop7_0.jpg

drop7_9208.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Fly Girl! I think my next option will be wearing it on long chain!

I love your aqua top with those pearls and that enhancer! But then again I think they'd look great with anything and everything!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Loving all the pearls, with or without prints, ladies!

Some fireball/geode action today:

Worn at 18 inches:

Worn at 16 inches:

ear_shot_10-3-14.jpg

ear_shot_2_10-3-14.jpg

neck_shot_10-3-14.jpg

neck_shot_2_10-3-14.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Overview -- very hard to do!

neck_and_ear_shot_2_10-3-14.jpg

neck_and_ear_shot_10-3-14.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo - Love those special pieces, and I especially love the V-necked dress in that wonderful reddish-purple color. I bet it helps to make those pearls sing even louder.

Today I am working from home, but I couldn't resist wearing my mixed little h drop set. The new Tahitian enhancer from the Connoisseur Sale at PP and my white SS keshi earrings. I didn't necessarily plan on wearing them as a set, but they make me happy, so why not?

today_9231.jpg

today_9235.jpg

today_9231e3.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, always a treat to see those lovely earrings ... those SS keshi just GLOW :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I was actually thinking about them as a "set" yesterday. It's perfect because they're not matchy-matchy -- more complimentary than anything else. Beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1412375638|3761684 said:
Fly Girl, always a treat to see those lovely earrings ... those SS keshi just GLOW :)

Thank you, CRDKeshi. I think you saw these SS keshi in person at the ruckus, didn't you? Sweet little pearls, aren't they? :))

I gotta say, I find most white pearls to be rather predictable, and I tend to wear other colors if I can, but I really like these keshi. They have a wonderful gleam to them. :sun:

bsomlo said:
I was actually thinking about them as a "set" yesterday. It's perfect because they're not matchy-matchy -- more complimentary than anything else. Beautiful!

Thank you, bsomlo. I've always loved those black/white pearl earring combos, so I think it's fine to vary the pearl color. One example which comes to mind is the Duchess of Windsor's black/white pair of 18mm earrings with diamonds. Of course, her pearls were natural. :roll: Mine have the advantage of being affordable. :D

This is my way of thinking that perhaps I "need" a little h Tahitian drop set so I can mix and match. :lol:

wallismorepearls1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results