shape
carat
color
clarity

3ct chunky cushion ASET image - thoughts please!

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

The more I look at diamonds the more confused I seem to get. Right now I'm considering this particular 3ct stone - here is the ASET image. Is it possible to tell if the cut is good from this? It is only graded by GIA and not AGS. I know it is not as perfect as the AVCs in terms of faceting but thought I would get some educated opinions here about how it looks for a generic chunky cushion. Thank you so much in advance!

CP

3ct_cushion.jpg

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
This looks beautiful!! :clap:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it! WANT!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous ASET, promises to be a very fiery stone. Any pics of it in typical lighting conditions?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Faceting reminds me of my own chunky cushion. What are your setting plans?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think this is pretty darn gorgeous.

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock
Thanks you guys for the votes of confidence! I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes. Should have news in the next week or so, and I can also post more pictures then.

Now, regarding setting, that is WIDE OPEN and inputs are extremely welcome!! A few things that I know I definitely DON'T WANT though: 1) a halo (I am however open to bezel) and 2) any melees around the gallery (is that how you call the part of the ring that "houses" the pavilion of the stone?) since I'm all about stacking. In fact I'm not crazy about any melees anywhere given the potential level of maintenance but I'm open to considering pave on the ring itself if that truly completes the look of the ring. OK, having typed all that, I'm beginning to realise that it is perhaps not as WIDE OPEN as I thought it was.. 8)

Regarding the metal, I am partial to platinum and rose gold. This particular stone is colorless so I guess that should work with either?

Thanks again!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3ct Colourless? Wow :shock:

You could have rose gold shank and a platinum head? :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go for a plain platinum shank no melee so its easy to wear and a halo in either platinum or rose gold. Beautiful stone!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a split shank?

pearlmansdanielkcushion1.jpg

If you have it custom made you could do anything you want in the gallery.

I think it would look AMAZING.

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1412419500|3761916 said:

Thank you arkieb1 for this! It's such a coincidence because I was just looking at dc87's ring and was thinking how pretty it is!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/[/URL]

I guess the final setting really does depend on the center stone and how well it complements the diamond's personality. What do you guys think of this diamond? Any potential concern that I should consider?

Thanks!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
I love that bezel setting. If it were me, I would do a platinum setting because your diamond is so white or a platinum bezel and a rose gold shank. Either way you can't go wrong. Absolutely stunning diamond.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAAHHHHHHH! Just looking at that video made me green with envy. I ADORE that stone.

No, no problems at all that sucker is AMAZING.

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock
Hi guys!

Update - I just purchased the stone!! Thank you for your kind comments before. I'm waiting for the shipping details to be confirmed and I'll post hand shots when I get it! :D

CP

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you located? We can recommend a jeweler to take the stone to in order to see it with different settings.

Fancies have personalities.

I have learned that some stones love pave, some stones do not, some come alive in contrast to baguettes, some do not.

I highly recommend taking the stone to a store with great setting selection. And then play with it next to, sit on, being held over different settings to see what makes your stone happy.

CalmerPalmer

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

Thank you - and I completely agree regarding personalities, which is primarily why I wanted to see the stone in person before making a decision on setting. It is quite a cumbersome process as I am currently based overseas so it means essentially I'll need to pay for shipping three ways until I get the finished ring. But currently I'm leaning towards entrusting the setting to BE for a more seamless process. Are you familiar with their setting work by any chance? Are they especially good at any particular styles?

Thanks again!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BE has a number of benches so honestly, they are good at quite a bit.

There are a few designs I may prefer other vendors for, mainly antique styles-- not that they can't execute antique styles, but it isn't their primary strength and it can take a bit of back and forth to get certain antique styles just right, and the process can be easier with a vendor that specializes in those styles. Or just going stock. But in general, I think they can execute a broad range of things and I would happily use them for a number of settings.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CalmerPalmer|1412438260|3761981 said:
arkieb1|1412419500|3761916 said:

Thank you arkieb1 for this! It's such a coincidence because I was just looking at dc87's ring and was thinking how pretty it is!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/[/URL]

I guess the final setting really does depend on the center stone and how well it complements the diamond's personality. What do you guys think of this diamond? Any potential concern that I should consider?

Thanks!

You have similar taste to what I like I think, I love both of these rings, the bezel is stunning as well!!! The stone you have picked will look amazing in just about anything!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results