shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love to get some thoughts on recent loose purchase!

blooskreen

Rough_Rock
Recently made purchase through James Allen. Been searching for some time between white and fancy yellow diamonds in cushion cut. Came across a really nice find and wanted to see if everyone else thought it was as nice a find as I did or if not, suggestions on what to do better. Would love any thoughts!

Carat weight:1.81
Certificate:GIA
Color:Yellow
Intensity:faint
Shape: Cushion
Clarity: VVS1
Depth %:68.10
Girdle: Very Thick - Extremely Thick
Table %:54.00
Culet:None
Polish:Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
Fluorescence:None
L/W/D (mm): 7.24*6.46*4.40
L/W Ratio: 1.12

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...ushion-cut/1.81-carat-vvs1-clarity-sku-371279

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Would love to get some thoughts on recent loose purchase

I think it's pretty, but it has that crushed ice look. Some people love it, some don't. If you love it, keep!

blooskreen

Rough_Rock

Yea, very few, fi any, that I have found in that carat range with quality/symmetrical cuts and stats that don't have the crushed ice look. That old miner look with the larger and finer facets was REALLY impossible to find. Maybe this is extremely difficult in the cushion cut arena?

This was the best I could find after 6.5 months of searching daily.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How will you set it?

canvasback

Shiny_Rock

It's all about what you like. Personally, I like the stone.

Have you seen the AVC vs. the crushed ice look?

Here's a demo piece.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/12194/

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks good.

blooskreen

Rough_Rock

AprilBaby|1412192864|3760056 said:
How will you set it?

That is the next step, I plan to update this after I go through it. I was thinking something with a solitaire look and hybrid split band. Might have to custom build this portion as there are aspect of various settings that I love, but nothing has the full gamit!

blooskreen

Rough_Rock

Jeremyledford|1412193993|3760074 said:

Here's a demo piece.

Thanks for sharing! I think the AVC look is really unique and provides more of a vintage look. I actually like that in white diamonds but seem to prefer the crushed ice look on the fancy ones.......I guess I have odd taste.

It is weird, cause the link you shared says the diamond is fancy but literally has VERY little yellow.

canvasback

Shiny_Rock

blooskreen|1412212471|3760276 said:

Here's a demo piece.

Thanks for sharing! I think the AVC look is really unique and provides more of a vintage look. I actually like that in white diamonds but seem to prefer the crushed ice look on the fancy ones.......I guess I have odd taste.

It is weird, cause the link you shared says the diamond is fancy but literally has VERY little yellow.

Well If that's weird we're weird together. I, too, like the crushed ice look in fancy stones. I do not like the AVC (and those with large facets) in a fancy color, even though the AVC hides color exceptionally well. I either want a very white stone, or very yellow. I wish i liked those in-between, as I may could strike a deal. :think:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

With colored diamonds color is the most important thin factor: intensity and vibrancy is what sets price. And that crushed ice faceting traps color, which is why you see it so often with colored diamonds.

I think the original stone is just pretty actually.

If you want a colored stone though, Leibish or Diamonds by Lauren might be worth a look for you as well.

blooskreen

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1412227336|3760401 said:
With colored diamonds color is the most important thin factor: intensity and vibrancy is what sets price. And that crushed ice faceting traps color, which is why you see it so often with colored diamonds.

I think the original stone is just pretty actually.

If you want a colored stone though, Leibish or Diamonds by Lauren might be worth a look for you as well.

Thanks! Interesting, makes sense on the trapped color. I check the sites suggested, some neat finds (a green/grey that gave the impression of a light blue - but the carat was way under what I was interested in - anything around a 1.81 carat and similar specs is absurdly pricey in the blue range) but nothing that would prompt me to make a switch.

Pretty much on the prowl for a split band with small diamond accents that works great with cushion cut. Would you recommend the quality of settings from the sites you shared?

blooskreen

Rough_Rock

Jeremyledford|1412222056|3760359 said:
blooskreen|1412212471|3760276 said:

Here's a demo piece.

Well If that's weird we're weird together. I, too, like the crushed ice look in fancy stones. I do not like the AVC (and those with large facets) in a fancy color, even though the AVC hides color exceptionally well. I either want a very white stone, or very yellow. I wish i liked those in-between, as I may could strike a deal. :think:

Hehe, seems to be the general consensus here so I think we are the norm! I am right with you on those two preferences.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results